Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Leasing UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m not surprised to be honest in the current climate...

No I totally get it, my company is in the business credit industry so I totally understand, just frustrating as I would be happy to put down a personal guarantee/larger deposit etc.

Ironically we are busier than ever, but understand that companies need to use extra due diligence and be more prudent with who they give credit to.

Back to the drawing board.....:(

1st post here, what is the RN number I need to ask my lease company about, in order to register with Tesla? I thought it was registration number. I already have VRN and VIN.
I think I lucked out, initial enquiry with lease company end of August, finance got agreed quick.
Delivery from Tesla is due 22 Sept!!
Model 3 Standard in black.

1st post here, what is the RN number I need to ask my lease company about, in order to register with Tesla? I thought it was registration number. I already have VRN and VIN.
I think I lucked out, initial enquiry with lease company end of August, finance got agreed quick.
Delivery from Tesla is due 22 Sept!!
Model 3 Standard in black.
RN is Teslas Reservation Number, basically their order reference.

Thanks Scan man, didn’t really want to trawl through 108 pages. Does that mean I’m not dedicated enough?!

Not sure you need your RN number to register with Tesla. The leasing company should provide your details to Tesla and they will set up your account. You should receive an email asking you to reset your password.

As it's a lease car, don't expect your car to show up in your account. It belongs to the leasing company so you have a limited account.

Okay, listen up again fellow NHSers, I received my registration and VIN today, and it seems that the leasing company will likely be creating a Tesla account for me in the next few days, to which I will then have to change the password for to give me access to the app. That’s what I assume is gonna happen, should have account made in the next few days as delivery is on 21st!

Newbie posting here (although have been lurking for several weeks). Place a business lease for an SR+ on 10th September - was quoted 6 to 12 weeks delivery. Just had lease company email today saying they'd matched stock and have a car ready for 25th September! Unfortunately going to have to push that back a couple of weeks as work charging point won't be in by then and until the Dorchester SC's are operational, there is no SC anywhere near me here (Bridport, West Dorset).

Couple of questions, is there anyway to get updates on when SC site's are becoming live (Dorchester is listed on Tesla website as just 'opening 2020')

What are my chances of getting the car delivered rather than having a trek to Southampton?

TIA

Couple of questions, is there anyway to get updates on when SC site's are becoming live (Dorchester is listed on Tesla website as just 'opening 2020')

Afraid not, and the dates quoted are aspirational, if not wishful thinking in some cases. I think Dorchester has been coming soon for a couple of years. Fleet South has been built for 3 years and probably won't ever open, and there's one in the North that's being held to ransom by a golf club. I'd be very nervous of buying a car if I need a specific SuC to be open to make it work for me.

With regard to pushing delivery back, you may well find that car will be allocated to somebody else, this is quarter end and it's all about the numbers. There's a fair chance another car won't be available until nearer the end of the year when there is a huge ramp up for the year end. Deliveries in between quarter ends can be sparse.

Not sure you need your RN number to register with Tesla. The leasing company should provide your details to Tesla and they will set up your account. You should receive an email asking you to reset your password.

As it's a lease car, don't expect your car to show up in your account. It belongs to the leasing company so you have a limited account.

Unless you lease with Tesla directly. The you get full access including upgrades and the App.

Reactions: ElRey
Okay, listen up again fellow NHSers, I received my registration and VIN today, and it seems that the leasing company will likely be creating a Tesla account for me in the next few days, to which I will then have to change the password for to give me access to the app. That’s what I assume is gonna happen, should have account made in the next few days as delivery is on 21st!
I asked the fleet company (NHS Fleet Solutions) to use my existing account, so far it seems to be working - my referral code (to give to others) appeared shortly after RN was received.

Newbie posting here (although have been lurking for several weeks). Place a business lease for an SR+ on 10th September - was quoted 6 to 12 weeks delivery. Just had lease company email today saying they'd matched stock and have a car ready for 25th September! Unfortunately going to have to push that back a couple of weeks as work charging point won't be in by then and until the Dorchester SC's are operational, there is no SC anywhere near me here (Bridport, West Dorset).

What are my chances of getting the car delivered rather than having a trek to Southampton?

TIA
Have a look at Zap map and see what other rapid/destination chargers are out there, i've not got my podpoint installed yet and it will be a few months due to electric work having to be done, I signed up for a polar plus account and trialling that for destination charging in car parks near to work, and found a 50kwh charger in my village at the local morrisons so I should be ok for now.

Found a competitive rate for the long range model with Electric Auto via leasing.com a couple month ago but it expired. I've asked if they could honour the original quotation, anyone had any experience of them doing so? Elsewhere the leasing prices have crept up quite a bit in comparison to my initial quotes around 2 months ago.

Another order placed with NHS fleet solutions. All seems to be going well so far - order placed for M3LR in blue/black with tow hitch.

Two frustrations though. Firstly, despite me giving a referral code at several stages, they inform me the order was placed without the code and it cannot be added retrospectively. Second, I have not been given any RN, VIN or anything!

Any hopes of them ponying up the goods?
Thx
C

Another order placed with NHS fleet solutions. All seems to be going well so far - order placed for M3LR in blue/black with tow hitch.

Two frustrations though. Firstly, despite me giving a referral code at several stages, they inform me the order was placed without the code and it cannot be added retrospectively. Second, I have not been given any RN, VIN or anything!

Any hopes of them ponying up the goods?
Thx
C
You won't get your VIN until it's ready to be loaded onto ship, or slightly after the ship sets off. In terms of RN, be ready to wait a month or so, NHS FS use 3rd party companies to order the cars so communication problems sometimes come from that, I spoke to NHS FS for about a month (calling them weekly) until I got my RN. When I put the order through I specifically asked them to use my Tesla account that i'd set up and gave them the referral, i'd also been in touch via email with tesla for the test drive, I was asked on email to let them know when the order went through (could have been for the Leeds SC team to get commission??) so when I did that I gave them my referral code also, the guy on the email said he would ensure that the referral was linked to the order. i'm picking up my M3 tomorrow, I'll need to supercharge as i've not got my home charger sorted yet so i'll see if I actually have referral miles.

• Helpful
Reactions: Chrisgillett

TIA

You don't have to use Tesla SC.
You can charge at home with a 3 pin plug - slow, and not terribly efficient, but it works. The car comes with the charger.
You can also charge at Tesco or other supermarkets. The car comes with the necessary cable to connect.
Have a look at Zap Map and you will find lots of places to charge.
Take delivery!

You don't have to use Tesla SC.
You can charge at home with a 3 pin plug - slow, and not terribly efficient, but it works. The car comes with the charger.
You can also charge at Tesco or other supermarkets. The car comes with the necessary cable to connect.
Have a look at Zap Map and you will find lots of places to charge.
Take delivery!

Home delivery booked for Friday! Have applied for a Polar Plus account and am chasing the installer to at least get the 7kw charger point installed at work. Excited but a little nervous after reading some of the QA fails in other threads.

After reading almost every post on the forum (thanks for all the great info!) And watching nearly every Model 3 video on YouTube, I've finally placed the order button tonight on a lease direct with Tesla themselves. I couldn't find it cheaper elsewhere and thought it made sense to go direct too.
SR+ in white with the 19"'s so I really can't wait now.
We have 4 Pod Points at work which are free for us to use which is great so the car will be on charge all day at work and my commute is only 16 miles hence only the requirement for an SR+
Still tempted by an Andersen A2 though for home charging just in case, aesthetics is the only reason for that over the Zappi as I don't have any solar panels.

I’ve a leased car without the upgrades option in the app. Been reading through here but can’t work it out. Is there any way for me to subscribe to Premium Connectivity or buy the rear heated seats, unless my lease company agrees to do it themselves?

Seems crazy Tesla haven’t found a way to take my money, especially Re the connectivity subscription.

• Helpful
Reactions: Cnixon
Hi All, Newbie here (long time BMW owner but don't hold that against me!)... been looking around on here for a few weeks.

I'm close to taking a Model 3 lease through a work salary sacrifice scheme using Octopus EV. Like many people, I'm swinging between Long Range and Performance. Ideally, I'd like to take a LR and bolt on the 'Acceleration Boost' upgrade on receipt of the vehicle as I like the idea of the day-to-day comfort, stealth performance and lower price. However, after reading many threads on here, it seems a lottery as to whether or not I'll have access to this upgrade on my account.

Does anyone have any first hand experience on being able to access upgrades through vehicles leased via Octopus EV (or possibly Lex Autolease)?

Many thanks

Hi All, Newbie here (long time BMW owner but don't hold that against me!)... been looking around on here for a few weeks.

I'm close to taking a Model 3 lease through a work salary sacrifice scheme using Octopus EV. Like many people, I'm swinging between Long Range and Performance. Ideally, I'd like to take a LR and bolt on the 'Acceleration Boost' upgrade on receipt of the vehicle as I like the idea of the day-to-day comfort, stealth performance and lower price. However, after reading many threads on here, it seems a lottery as to whether or not I'll have access to this upgrade on my account.

Does anyone have any first hand experience on being able to access upgrades through vehicles leased via Octopus EV (or possibly Lex Autolease)?

Many thanks
Haven't got the experience with Octopus or direct with Lex, but with my lease provider (NHS Fleet Solutions) and IIRC most other lease companies, due to the fact it's not your car you probably won't be able to upgrade the LR at all, unless you specify it in the original order (not sure if you can do this though - speak to octopus et al to see if this can be done). I've got the LR, it is fast enough, yes the P would be your better option if you want the SPEED, test drive a LR, then possibly a P and that'll give you some idea, personally Oi wouldn't go for the P as i'm 100% satisfied with the acceleration of the LR. I know some people will say just go for the P, but how often actually would you need the P's speed? Save some cash and just stick with a LR.

Just make sure you get a referral link, and get the company to put the order through with it.

Many thanks
You need to specify the car with your leasing company at the time of order. Just be aware though that the 'extras' tend to be financed over the length of your lease and so your monthly payment could get very high very quickly. It's good advice from @fancealot and I would really think twice about the need for that acceleration boost. It really isn't something you will need to use very often - the LR is more than adequate off the blocks. If you can shop around for a quote from the finance companies it is often worth it but appreciate you may be tied to Octopus EV.