Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Leasing UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Our M3 LR was an order through Knowles on an NHS salary sacrifice deal. Huge number of variables, of course, but for us there was a 2 1/2 week gap between Knowles having completed everything and the fleet company (VW) actually placing an order with Tesla. Four days after *that* we had a text from Tesla containing the RN number.

(Things then went quiet for over a month - there was a problem, but because our provisional delivery date was always the end of the quarter, it may not have delayed things too much. In the end, we picked up the car just over 11 weeks after the text.)

I've been dealing with Knowles for about five months now (had the car about half that time) so, although I don't claim to be any sort of expert, let me know if I might be able to help with anything else. (Or search my older messages.)
Thanks for the heads up. I do question why the process seems so slow in terms of the way they do things. I appreciate it might not be their (Knowles) fault but they should at least have a reliable way of chasing things for customers.

As soon as I get the RN i’m going to contact the SA so he can sort things and make sure it’s ready to be assigned. I have a car to sell so didn’t want to put that many more miles on it ideally.

Thanks, I may be coming back to you on that depending on how i get on.

Reactions: DigbyChicken
Good Morning Everyone.
I'm new here, but have been reading through this thread for a little while now. So I currently have a car through NHS Fleet solutions, my contract should have ended last week. In March I ordered a BMW IX3 Premier Pro Edition. I waited patiently and didn't hear anything after the initial order confirmation for ages so started to chase. Turned out that As the chip shortage is ongoing and BMW had already started the release of their new and improved BMW IX3 M3, they'd simply cancelled my order and apparently that was that.

In honesty I'd wanted a Tesla Model 3 from the beginning but the BMW seemed like a more practical family car. So, having gone through all of that I decided to go for the M3 and ordered a Long Range model, no extras or anything on it, mid August. It took ages to get signed off and everything but 3rd September I received confirmation from NHS Fleet Solutions that the car was on order. A week later on 10th September I received a text from Tesla with my order reference number. I've not heard anything more since then, but appreciate it hasn't been long.

I've just spoken to someone on Live Chat and they've said that the next shipment would be December, and they'd anticipate that there should be something for me when that arrives and that 'no news is good news' so I shouldn't expect to receive any further texts or updates from Tesla until early December.

Has that been your experience? Looking through this thread it seems that a good few people received a subsequent text or update shortly after the first one. I've been burned before with BMW just cancelling my order, so I feel apprehensive about just sitting back and doing nothing, but if thats the correct process and I shouldn't receive any further info until December I'll do that. What do you guys think? Is it usual to not hear anything at all for a few months after your order has been confirmed?

Good Morning Everyone.
I'm new here, but have been reading through this thread for a little while now. So I currently have a car through NHS Fleet solutions, my contract should have ended last week. In March I ordered a BMW IX3 Premier Pro Edition. I waited patiently and didn't hear anything after the initial order confirmation for ages so started to chase. Turned out that As the chip shortage is ongoing and BMW had already started the release of their new and improved BMW IX3 M3, they'd simply cancelled my order and apparently that was that.

In honesty I'd wanted a Tesla Model 3 from the beginning but the BMW seemed like a more practical family car. So, having gone through all of that I decided to go for the M3 and ordered a Long Range model, no extras or anything on it, mid August. It took ages to get signed off and everything but 3rd September I received confirmation from NHS Fleet Solutions that the car was on order. A week later on 10th September I received a text from Tesla with my order reference number. I've not heard anything more since then, but appreciate it hasn't been long.

I've just spoken to someone on Live Chat and they've said that the next shipment would be December, and they'd anticipate that there should be something for me when that arrives and that 'no news is good news' so I shouldn't expect to receive any further texts or updates from Tesla until early December.

Has that been your experience? Looking through this thread it seems that a good few people received a subsequent text or update shortly after the first one. I've been burned before with BMW just cancelling my order, so I feel apprehensive about just sitting back and doing nothing, but if thats the correct process and I shouldn't receive any further info until December I'll do that. What do you guys think? Is it usual to not hear anything at all for a few months after your order has been confirmed?

Hi,

I’ve just had my RN from Tesla on Monday. In terms of what happens now it’s just a waiting game…

I have been told that the next batch of Shipments are supposed to start from 17th Oct in time for a Nov delivery. Whether or not that is the case or if things have since been delayed/pushed back to Dec I don’t know.

All I can recommend is just check with Tesla that the order is live and ready to be assigned to a vehicle. Sometimes lease companies tell Tesla to put order on hold which will delay things. At least that way you have a very small chance of getting in on a cancellation or somewhere sooner.

That is my understanding of it. Basically assuming that it’s Nov/Dec the next time you hear something should be when your car is assigned and VIN etc. Which could be from Mid Oct.

Hope this helps

Reactions: DeanJohno
Hi,

I’ve just had my RN from Tesla on Monday. In terms of what happens now it’s just a waiting game…

I have been told that the next batch of Shipments are supposed to start from 17th Oct in time for a Nov delivery. Whether or not that is the case or if things have since been delayed/pushed back to Dec I don’t know.

All I can recommend is just check with Tesla that the order is live and ready to be assigned to a vehicle. Sometimes lease companies tell Tesla to put order on hold which will delay things. At least that way you have a very small chance of getting in on a cancellation or somewhere sooner.

That is my understanding of it. Basically assuming that it’s Nov/Dec the next time you hear something should be when your car is assigned and VIN etc. Which could be from Mid Oct.

Hope this helps
It does, thanks very much! Hope yours arrives soon, can't wait to get mine!

Hi,

Hope this helps
I've just spoken with Tesla now, via the Live Chat to find out if it's live or on hold and been told the following:

"No it is currently on hold. Which is perfectly normal as your ETA is November. Your account will become live early October"

Do I need to speak with the lease company to ask them to do anything to bring it off hold, or is this normal as the Tesla guy says and it'll become live next month? This is all very confusing! :)

I've just spoken with Tesla now, via the Live Chat to find out if it's live or on hold and been told the following:

"No it is currently on hold. Which is perfectly normal as your ETA is November. Your account will become live early October"

Do I need to speak with the lease company to ask them to do anything to bring it off hold, or is this normal as the Tesla guy says and it'll become live next month? This is all very confusing! :)
Hmmm…

I think depending on who you speak to they may tell you different things. I was told in a brief message that It was live and ready to be assigned to a vehicle. Whether or not they were just fobbing me off I’m not sure as they probably get asked that question a lot.

However, making it live before hand certainly seems to make sense as if they do get a cancellation they would presumably like to get it shifted as soon as possible.

I’m not sure the lease company hold any more power to change it. Maybe try and speak to another SA on the chat tomorrow and see if they can change it?

Reactions: CHNW
Anybody used FleetEvolution? I got my quote converted to an order last Wednesday, and after I signed the paperwork, the day after the status changed to order placed.

I just tried to get in touch with Tesla live chat, and provided my email address to see if my orders in the system… And they said there’s nothing there yet! How long typically do these fleet companies take to put the order in? And how long would I expect to wait for correspondence from anybody?

Anybody used FleetEvolution? I got my quote converted to an order last Wednesday, and after I signed the paperwork, the day after the status changed to order placed.

I just tried to get in touch with Tesla live chat, and provided my email address to see if my orders in the system… And they said there’s nothing there yet! How long typically do these fleet companies take to put the order in? And how long would I expect to wait for correspondence from anybody?
You should receive your RN number direct from Tesla via text within the next 2 weeks if not chase your lease company. Once you get your RN you can contact Tesla direct.

You should receive your RN number direct from Tesla via text within the next 2 weeks if not chase your lease company. Once you get your RN you can contact Tesla direct.
Awesome, thank you. Think I'm an annoying combination of impatient and excited so keep wanting to chase FleetEvolution for updates... I'll wait til the end of September and chase up if I don't have the RN number (need it for EV charger grant too...)

Awesome, thank you. Think I'm an annoying combination of impatient and excited so keep wanting to chase FleetEvolution for updates... I'll wait til the end of September and chase up if I don't have the RN number (need it for EV charger grant too...)
hahaha we are all impatient and excited :) - good time to place an order as the Q4 deliveries start in Nov. Car allocations on October and deliveries in November. Perfect timing for you

Reactions: CHNW
Help needed - My 2 lease ends in 3 months on my M3P and my lease company wont extend my lease due to the residual car market prices. I have been paying £744 (ex vat) for 17K per year and now being quoted over £1000 for a new M3P :(.
Has anybody come across any lease companies offering some good deals on either M3P's or MX's?

Wrongly just presumed I could extend my lease and now a bit stuck and running out of time
Try cars2buy.co.uk and/or leaseloco you'll find the best rates available via there.

I've never heard of a lease being extended, PCP, yes, but never a lease, so I'm not surprised your leasing company said no.

Good luck!

FYI, I got my text from Tesla with my RN number 2 days after I confirmed by order with the leasing company.