Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Leasing UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

I have recently placed an order for a M3 LR through knowles fleet under NHS salary sacrifice scheme.

I was just wondering of anyone had any experience with this and how long the wait was between order being placed with lease company and then order going live with Tesla and receiving RN?

Thanks
Hi, I've ordered mine through NHS Fleet too, it took roughly 2 weeks from me signing the lease to me receiving my RN number. Just be careful on what delivery date the lease company have requested as the preferred. Its resulted in a delay for me as tesla will look to allocate a vehicle on this date which is different to a delivery date. :(

Hi all,

I have recently placed an order for a M3 LR through knowles fleet under NHS salary sacrifice scheme.

I was just wondering of anyone had any experience with this and how long the wait was between order being placed with lease company and then order going live with Tesla and receiving RN?

Thanks
My experience with Knowles so far hasn’t been great.

All paperwork completed on the 27th of July and Knowles confirmed the order had been placed on the 3rd of August. Received my RN from Tesla on the 9th of September.

Knowles weren’t very helpful on the few times I called. Just said that it was with Tesla and any delays were their fault.

expected delivery date from knowles is December.

My experience with Knowles so far hasn’t been great.

All paperwork completed on the 27th of July and Knowles confirmed the order had been placed on the 3rd of August. Received my RN from Tesla on the 9th of September.

Knowles weren’t very helpful on the few times I called. Just said that it was with Tesla and any delays were their fault.

expected delivery date from knowles is December.
Hi,

Yes, my fear is that they say the vehicle has been ordered but essentially they are just sitting on the paperwork. I have tried to chase them but I am told that it is normal to have to wait up to 4 weeks for RN. From what I understand it’s actually better to place the order yourself and pay £100 deposit then ask lease company to take it on. However, there will still likey be delays with them doing it that way. Essentially i’m at the mercy of the lease company now until I get the RN number 🙄

Hi, I've ordered mine through NHS Fleet too, it took roughly 2 weeks from me signing the lease to me receiving my RN number. Just be careful on what delivery date the lease company have requested as the preferred. Its resulted in a delay for me as tesla will look to allocate a vehicle on this date which is different to a delivery date. :(
Hi,

Yes, mine hasn’t been 2 weeks yet so I will have to chase if nothing by next week. As soon as the RN comes back I am going to speak to SA to make sure things are ready to be allocated as soon as possible. I’m aware lots of people have had this issue! Not very fair on customers who have agreements on existing cars etc.

Hi,

Yes, my fear is that they say the vehicle has been ordered but essentially they are just sitting on the paperwork. I have tried to chase them but I am told that it is normal to have to wait up to 4 weeks for RN. From what I understand it’s actually better to place the order yourself and pay £100 deposit then ask lease company to take it on. However, there will still likey be delays with them doing it that way. Essentially i’m at the mercy of the lease company now until I get the RN number 🙄
I was 3 working days from "ordering through lease company website" to getting my RN from Tesla. Your lease company are sitting on the order and causing unnecessary delays.

Hi all,

Thanks
Hi,

Yes, mine hasn’t been 2 weeks yet so I will have to chase if nothing by next week. As soon as the RN comes back I am going to speak to SA to make sure things are ready to be allocated as soon as possible. I’m aware lots of people have had this issue! Not very fair on customers who have agreements on existing cars etc.
yeah this was me, current lease finishes 14th October and I asked for the new one on the 15th October back in May. Its been on hold since!! Managed to get it moving again on Monday but its looking like October allocation and November delivery for me. Confirmed by Tesla yesterday and this months orders will be in the next quarter - unless a cancellation/change is matched. Fingers crossed

yeah this was me, current lease finishes 14th October and I asked for the new one on the 15th October back in May. Its been on hold since!! Managed to get it moving again on Monday but its looking like October allocation and November delivery for me. Confirmed by Tesla yesterday and this months orders will be in the next quarter - unless a cancellation/change is matched. Fingers crossed
Yes, that’s not a great experience then. I was hoping that at the very least the order would be live and awaiting allocation by now. At the very least it gives you a chance to get in on a lucky cancellation. At this rate I can’t see me getting an RN until the end of Sept so I would say the chances of that happening for me are very slim 😂

Reactions: DeanJohno
Yes, that’s not a great experience then. I was hoping that at the very least the order would be live and awaiting allocation by now. At the very least it gives you a chance to get in on a lucky cancellation. At this rate I can’t see me getting an RN until the end of Sept so I would say the chances of that happening for me are very slim 😂
I think you'll be fine and will be in the same boat soon. The RN was relatively quick 👍🏻

Reactions: s_ree89
Hi mate, what's the deal you've seen on Vanarama?

I am doing a personal lease on mine too. I decided against PCP as the chances are I wasn't planning on buying the car after 3/4 years and was most likely going to swap it over. I also find in a PCP there is the risk of being in negative equity should you wish to sell your car through the term. It's personal preference really.
You'll still have access to everything, and premium connectivity is free for the duration of the lease as Tesla haven't worked out how to charge the driver and not the lease company for this yet.

Referral links will work, as long as you chase up your SA and lease company about it.
The Vanarama deal is £458 on a 47+9 on 10m miles but the really good bit appears to be that it includes a free home charger and a years free insurance. Those are the bits I want to find a bit more about.

Thanks for the advice.

Hi all,

Thanks
Our M3 LR was an order through Knowles on an NHS salary sacrifice deal. Huge number of variables, of course, but for us there was a 2 1/2 week gap between Knowles having completed everything and the fleet company (VW) actually placing an order with Tesla. Four days after *that* we had a text from Tesla containing the RN number.

(Things then went quiet for over a month - there was a problem, but because our provisional delivery date was always the end of the quarter, it may not have delayed things too much. In the end, we picked up the car just over 11 weeks after the text.)

I've been dealing with Knowles for about five months now (had the car about half that time) so, although I don't claim to be any sort of expert, let me know if I might be able to help with anything else. (Or search my older messages.)

Huge number of variables, of course, but for us there was a 2 1/2 week gap between Knowles having completed everything and the fleet company (VW) actually placing an order with Tesla.
Just to be clear, the delay was caused by VW rather than Knowles. And I was told that even Knowles apparently don't have a phone number for VW Leasing, so they are forced to do everything by text - and don't always get an answer! (My main contact at Knowles - he always replies quickly by email - sounded quite exasperated.)

I have a lease with Zenith, does anyone know if autopilot/premium connectivity is included as standard? I've seen it in the options but not sure if I'm on a trial stage or if it's included overall?
What car have you ordered? LR or P you’ll get a year premium connectivity free, but lease deals usually continue this at no cost as Tesla haven’t worked out how to charge the driver for premium connectivity and not the owner of the car (Zenith).
Autopilot is standard on all cars. You can buy enhanced autopilot (£3800) or full self driving (£6800) extra

What car have you ordered? LR or P you’ll get a year premium connectivity free, but lease deals usually continue this at no cost as Tesla haven’t worked out how to charge the driver for premium connectivity and not the owner of the car (Zenith).
Autopilot is standard on all cars. You can buy enhanced autopilot (£3800) or full self driving (£6800) extra
I have a SR+, it was all working yesterday from trying for the first time so not overly sure

Hi everyone first time poster here! I've been keeping a close eye on this thread for a while and I am wondering if anyone can advise. I placed my order with Zen Autos in the first week of September but only received the RN and VIN a few days ago. What can i do with this information to find out when the delivery date would be? I've just sold my car so it's less than ideal. The car i ordered was supposed to take 3-4 weeks to be delivered but now i've got no idea and nor do the leasing company - they say it's up to Tesla to allocate, so confused as it was supposed to be in stock.

Hi everyone first time poster here! I've been keeping a close eye on this thread for a while and I am wondering if anyone can advise. I placed my order with Zen Autos in the first week of September but only received the RN and VIN a few days ago. What can i do with this information to find out when the delivery date would be? I've just sold my car so it's less than ideal. The car i ordered was supposed to take 3-4 weeks to be delivered but now i've got no idea and nor do the leasing company - they say it's up to Tesla to allocate, so confused as it was supposed to be in stock.
Hi mate, you’ve got a VIN so you’ve been allocated. I thought Zen had bought loads of Tesla’s for 71 plate registration to be honest?
Best bet is to phone Tesla and give them your RN. See what they say

Hi mate, you’ve got a VIN so you’ve been allocated. I thought Zen had bought loads of Tesla’s for 71 plate registration to be honest?
Best bet is to phone Tesla and give them your RN. See what they say
Yeah part of the reason why i went with them was because they said it was in stock. Still hopeful it can be delivered this month. Thanks for the point about the VIN, I'll give Tesla a call to find out.

Reactions: mosraza