Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Leasing UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello trying to organise my model 3 delivery or collection. Can another person collect car for me? Who is on insurance and is in same household?
I would never send anyone to pick up the car. You NEED to go there yourself, you NEED to check the car. As it regards the insurance, if you are on the same policy as mine, it reads : "Anyone with my permission"!
But I would never let anyone else collect my car. I need to check/inspect and make sure everything it is to my liking.

I would never send anyone to pick up the car. You NEED to go there yourself, you NEED to check the car. As it regards the insurance, if you are on the same policy as mine, it reads : "Anyone with my permission"!
But I would never let anyone else collect my car. I need to check/inspect and make sure everything it is to my liking.
I trust my brother who has a Tesla X and knows about checking. Hopefully he can accept delivery as same household

Hi apologies if this doesn't fit here but I have a Model 3 long range 2021 that is leased via my company due to be returned to the leasing company (ALD) next month. Given the increased costs of leasing a new one I asked for a quote to extend the lease by 1 year and it's come back as an additional £120 per month, which whilst cheaper than a new Model 3, is more than I was expecting.

I have subsequently asked for a quote to buy the vehicle outright, which apparently I can only do personally or via another business. The party selling on behalf of the leasing co (BCA) says its a discounted price and having searched online it does seem pretty good to me (£25k - 28k miles on the clock).

Has anyone bought their ex business lease vehicle and was the transfer via Tesla okay in terms of warranty? Anything else to consider? I'm tempted to do this with the remaining warranty on both the battery and the car left, but am unsure if I'm missing anything. Thanks in advance.

Hi apologies if this doesn't fit here but I have a Model 3 long range 2021 that is leased via my company due to be returned to the leasing company (ALD) next month. Given the increased costs of leasing a new one I asked for a quote to extend the lease by 1 year and it's come back as an additional £120 per month, which whilst cheaper than a new Model 3, is more than I was expecting.

I have subsequently asked for a quote to buy the vehicle outright, which apparently I can only do personally or via another business. The party selling on behalf of the leasing co (BCA) says its a discounted price and having searched online it does seem pretty good to me (£25k - 28k miles on the clock).

Has anyone bought their ex business lease vehicle and was the transfer via Tesla okay in terms of warranty? Anything else to consider? I'm tempted to do this with the remaining warranty on both the battery and the car left, but am unsure if I'm missing anything. Thanks in advance.
Yes, £25K is high for a 3 year old lease vehicle and Tesla will buy that for around 19K. Effectively you are paying around 5K extra. Even if you ignore that - by the time you decide to sell you would have exhausted your warranty and have to sell for pea nuts. I think if you want to run the vehicle for ever then buy the lease one and run this to the ground, so you don’t waste any money on a new car.

Or go for a new one - Model Y 24 month lease comes to only £390 no deposit and the PCP still has 1.8APR. Ditch the ALD and go for Tesla PCP with CF/Blackhorse and go for the Y before they bring int he new Y.

Yes, £25K is high for a 3 year old lease vehicle and Tesla will buy that for around 19K. Effectively you are paying around 5K extra. Even if you ignore that - by the time you decide to sell you would have exhausted your warranty and have to sell for pea nuts. I think if you want to run the vehicle for ever then buy the lease one and run this to the ground, so you don’t waste any money on a new car.

Or go for a new one - Model Y 24 month lease comes to only £390 no deposit and the PCP still has 1.8APR. Ditch the ALD and go for Tesla PCP with CF/Blackhorse and go for the Y before they bring int he new Y.
Thanks for this. Just to clarify - the quote is for the car that I've had since it was new. It's got 28k on the clock and the price is £25k. On the Tesla website they are selling 2 M3 LR with 50/60k on the clock for £28/29k - so on that basis I thought it seemed a good deal? Other second hand car dealers were similar online.

I've thought about the model Y, my wife recently got one so I didn't want to match and I prefer the M3 anyway!

It's got 28k on the clock and the price is £25k. On the Tesla website they are selling 2 M3 LR with 50/60k on the clock for £28/29k -
I meant if you sell the car to Tesla (just assume it is cash purchase) they will offer you around 19k. I understand you want to buy your business lease car - not sure how much it costs - after paying your 3-4 year lease plus 25k. That’s what I meant expensive if you compare a new 3 or Y.
Anyhow buying electric cars isn’t a good idea at the moment financially and leasing wins hands down.

Last edited:
The price of the car isn't the payment.

Tesla isn't responsible for third-party financing, especially since the cost of financing is dependent on the credit worthiness of the applicant.

Yes CA got back with clarification but boy or boy you have to be math genius and know how CA works to reconcile what’s on Tesla’s website and what’s on CAs website. BTW it does match up in the end.

But both Tesla and CA are at fault. Tesla complicates things with the £200 deposit at the time of order. CA then complicates things by considering 23 payments and not 24. The 24th payment is the balloon payment.

Anyway long story short, neither Tesla nor CA cared until I pressed and pressed and pressed. Mind boggling considering how bad Tesla is toiling for orders.

Be careful where you place blame. Tesla sells the car and offers various purchase options based on some assumed data. They do not, for example, know your credit rating. When I bought my MY the payments did not match what Tesla showed, the interest rate from the bank was about 0.5% higher (rates fluctuate) - not sure how often Tesla updates their loan / lease basis on their website. Also, there a lots of financing options, in the U.S. for example, car loans with a ballon are very uncommon. But I am pretty sure you can finance the car with any company you wish, so perhaps you should shop around?

As a customer I will place the blame firmly on Tesla since they are the once selling the car. I don’t know about Us but in UK, if you want to finance you only have two choices, both provided from Tesla themselves.

It felt to me that no one at Tesla cared about the “blame”. Also feels like they don’t work or communicate with the finance company they themselves recommend.

I guess like everyone else, I am just another number to be added to their quarterly spreadsheet. If I didn’t buy the car, someone else will so they don’t care. Neither does the finance company. The manager got back with “do you want to cancel the order” one liner when I asked for the explanation for the confusion.

Anyway, all good now but not the kind of experience I was hoping for when ordering a Tesla. I thought they were better than other companies.

Has anyone else had issue when doing a PCH though CA Finance? Since ordering the car at the start of the month any progress has only happened after spending hours listening to hold music culminating in yesterday receiving a call from Tesla to say that my appointment to collect the car today was in doubt as they hadn't received the final payment from CA. I called CA and after over an hour on hold was told that I was included on yesterdays payment run so I went back to Tesla who basically couldn't guarantee how long it would take to allocate payment to the order. So I'm sat here now with a day off work and having lost the money I'd spent on train tickets waiting to hear for an update.

Anybody help with a perspective purchase private sale

but when I ran the vcheck it’s on Tesla finance 18 months into a 4 year plan direct from Tesla

is that a no no as it’s under finance or is it a done thing ,i pay him he pays of finance he is picking up a new one on Tuesday which he was trading In the car for thanks

Anybody help with a perspective purchase private sale

but when I ran the vcheck it’s on Tesla finance 18 months into a 4 year plan direct from Tesla

is that a no no as it’s under finance or is it a done thing ,i pay him he pays of finance he is picking up a new one on Tuesday which he was trading In the car for thanks
I've done somthing similar on a different car but for peace of mind I paid the finance company directly and they paid the remaining balance at the same time. Then get confirmation from the finance company nothing is owned on the vehicle.

Reactions: Trevel
Hi, I left a deposit on Tesla last night for a bog standard white standard range model y, the one that Tesla advertise available for PCH of 9 months up front + 36 months at £399.

However when I go to the ordering section to select finance, of "Lease" then "contract hire" the options are "Lex Auto lease" or "Self arranged financing" and so I choose Lex Auto lease as I assume thats the right one.. it comes.up to go through Black Horse finance and states £5931 + 35 payments of £659???

Have I done something wrong somewhere? I feel a bit mis sold already as that's an enormous difference in price. can't find anywhere to find the £399 deal to apply for.

If it's credit rating related even pre application, that's confusing too because i'm a relatively high earner with excellent credit rating.

Anyone have any advice ?

Hi, I left a deposit on Tesla last night for a bog standard white standard range model y, the one that Tesla advertise available for PCH of 9 months up front + 36 months at £399.

However when I go to the ordering section to select finance, of "Lease" then "contract hire" the options are "Lex Auto lease" or "Self arranged financing" and so I choose Lex Auto lease as I assume thats the right one.. it comes.up to go through Black Horse finance and states £5931 + 35 payments of £659???

Have I done something wrong somewhere? I feel a bit mis sold already as that's an enormous difference in price. can't find anywhere to find the £399 deal to apply for.

If it's credit rating related even pre application, that's confusing too because i'm a relatively high earner with excellent credit rating.

Anyone have any advice ?
I believe when I did this I chose the first option on the list it was something Tesla Personal Contract Hire. I had to get an adjustment to the account too as the finance numbers where bit adding up as I went through the application.

Anyone have any advice ?
That was one of my many issues, I had to phone Tesla up to get them to reset the finance option in the app.