Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Leasing UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just wondering if my current experience is normal or if I should be concerned.

I have ordered a M3 performance (blue) through my company car scheme, this is ultimately through Arval but we have an internal fleet team too so I am quite removed from the process.

It was ordered on 17th October and I received an email from Tesla shortly after asking me to create an account which I did. When I first logged in I did originally see the car on my account page but after the first day that disappeared and I when I log in I just see my name’s Tesla and it is blank underneath.

Arval did forward an email from Tesla with an RN number so I do have that. It came from a Tesla EMEA corporate address in the Netherlands so assume they deal with the ordering process for corporate fleets. Then very oddly I got an email from TesladeliveryNL email address saying get prepared for your delivery, it seems that this was just a a placeholder email but seemed odd it came from the Dutch delivery address not the GB one. I did send a reply asking if this was correct and it was a GB order but had no response.

Does anyone else have a similar experience? I guess I am a little unsure who to contact being so far removed from the process, I have no idea if Tesla have a delivery location or even my mobile number to arrange delivery. I am probably worrying over nothing!

If you ordered on 17th october you will be very lucky to get a delivery date soon, im sure everything is fine but for any concerns email [email protected]

If you ordered on 17th october you will be very lucky to get a delivery date soon, im sure everything is fine but for any concerns email [email protected]
Thanks. My other car doesn’t have to go back until the start of Feb but I got my hopes up after checking the Tesla website and it still saying November deliveries around the time mine was ordered. It seems that those dates are fantasy!

Just wondering if my current experience is normal or if I should be concerned.

I have ordered a M3 performance (blue) through my company car scheme, this is ultimately through Arval but we have an internal fleet team too so I am quite removed from the process.

It was ordered on 17th October and I received an email from Tesla shortly after asking me to create an account which I did. When I first logged in I did originally see the car on my account page but after the first day that disappeared and I when I log in I just see my name’s Tesla and it is blank underneath.

Arval did forward an email from Tesla with an RN number so I do have that. It came from a Tesla EMEA corporate address in the Netherlands so assume they deal with the ordering process for corporate fleets. Then very oddly I got an email from TesladeliveryNL email address saying get prepared for your delivery, it seems that this was just a a placeholder email but seemed odd it came from the Dutch delivery address not the GB one. I did send a reply asking if this was correct and it was a GB order but had no response.

Does anyone else have a similar experience? I guess I am a little unsure who to contact being so far removed from the process, I have no idea if Tesla have a delivery location or even my mobile number to arrange delivery. I am probably worrying over nothing!
Often with lease cars you won't see the car when you login to the Tesla account, it seems to work a bit differently, and varies widely depending on lease companies etc. I'm on lease, but did get the car appear on my Tesla account, and Tesla contacted me directly regarding a delivery date. Others on here who leased with different companies but at a similar time to me didn't see any orders on the Tesla website, but seem to be getting their cars soon too. Sometimes the delivery date comes from Tesla, sometimes from the lease company, seems like it depends on who 'controls' the order..you or the lease company.

I believe an RN number means Tesla have the order though. But you'll probably have a few months of complete silence from anyone with no delivery estimates at all I'm afraid.

I signed my lease documents on 8th August, got a Tesla account with my order in it on the 9th, heard absolutely nothing for months, got a source code VIN when the Grand Dahlia passed through Panama, and then a confirmed delivery date when it was approaching Zeebrugge.

The average wait time is about 3 months it seems.

That being said - some have had their cars through much quicker.

Anybody ever used WeVee?

Saying they have stock, no 8 week waiting, hmmm not so sure

Attachments

• 2AFBA53A-913E-4923-B6FF-8FC93D288681.png
    2AFBA53A-913E-4923-B6FF-8FC93D288681.png
    99.2 KB · Views: 48
I have been hopefully checking my product-finalise page for a VIN, but nothing yet. However, has anyone else noticed when I go to this page, it doesn’t display my name - it just says ‘s tesla with no name in front of it. When I’m on the profile page it says my name, but not the other. Just wondering if this is normal for those of us who are leasing?

So the jasper arrow has been diverted to Kingston Jamaica for unknown reason, could be medical emergency or mechanical fault

Glovis cosmos now also has port destination set as LZ Mexico again for unknown reason

Very strange but this obviously delays both ships

I have been hopefully checking my product-finalise page for a VIN, but nothing yet. However, has anyone else noticed when I go to this page, it doesn’t display my name - it just says ‘s tesla with no name in front of it. When I’m on the profile page it says my name, but not the other. Just wondering if this is normal for those of us who are leasing?

I sometimes see this, but I log out and log back in my name returns. Makes not on jot of difference in the source code though.

If you're leasing and have been given a confirmed delivery date but not a reg - check with the leasing company.

Tesla gave me the delivery info but not the reg. My broker just rang and said they had the reg and gave it to me.

Doesn't seem to work when trying to sort insurance (no car found) though...joy.

Congrats.

What was the final process with Zen? I assume you’ve sorted your upfront payment to them already?

I’ve got a SC VIN (22/10), and Zen told me (01/11) I have a vehicle allocated and to await contact from Tesla confirming delivery date.
I ordered around 12th of august (late at night), then i rang them up 2 days later to add a referral code, then silence for about 2 months then they said "there's a delay with the boat" then when I got a SC VINi called them for an update and they said "about 2 weeks", then when delivery slot showed on my account i rang them and i said "here take my money" then they confirmed Reg. I had Reg about 10 days before so I could get insurance done in time. They asked for a copy of the insurance certificate and then they confirmed it's cleared for collection.

• Informative
Reactions: anon37485