Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Leasing UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So after speaking to a nice girl at Tesla today, it seems Leasing is dealt with completely differently to paying customers, Tesla B2B issue a spreadsheet to lease cos which has a list of Vehicles and delivery dates on.

The lease co then has to contact Tesla to say they want which car for which customer. the plot twist is that if the lease co does not respond in 7 days then they will allocate the vehicles to someone else or inventory. (she said this happens quite alot)

This was further confirmed when i called my lease co earlier and was told they had received and update from Tesla but have not looked at it yet.(i will be calling back monday)

So my advice to anyone waiting would be to keep on at the lease cos and not Tesla as leasing is handled completely different

Anyone here ordered a M3 LR from Zen Auto? Have been quoted 3 months but wondered how long others who have ordered a LR from Zen have waited?

I'm 7 weeks overdue with Zen, they are now ignoring my emails but I do have a hidden VIN so I'd expect to get it within a couple of weeks.

I was told I was ordering a "pre ordered stock car" and the wait would be 3 weeks. Looks like they don't spin that one anymore!

I'm 7 weeks overdue with Zen, they are now ignoring my emails but I do have a hidden VIN so I'd expect to get it within a couple of weeks.

I was told I was ordering a "pre ordered stock car" and the wait would be 3 weeks. Looks like they don't spin that one anymore!

I was bored of the excuses and lack of a delivery date from Zen so cancelled my order. I ended up getting an inventory car ordered 3 weeks ago. I collected from Tesla Leeds on Thurdsay.

When did you order with Zen?

Mid Sept. Tesla then said the order wasn't placed with them until a week later, so if I get it mid December it will be within the average 3 months wait. Utterly appalled at the service from Zen and their constant fobbing/fibs but nothing I can do other than sit and (im)patiently trying to wait. Naturally, this will all be forgotten on pickup day but I wouldn't be able to recommend Zen (certainly without an apology at the terrible service).

I was bored of the excuses and lack of a delivery date from Zen so cancelled my order. I ended up getting an inventory car ordered 3 weeks ago. I collected from Tesla Leeds on Thurdsay.

Are you still leasing with Zen? There was a 2k price difference if I cancelled and went elsewhere so decided to suck it up and wait.

Mid Sept. Tesla then said the order wasn't placed with them until a week later, so if I get it mid December it will be within the average 3 months wait. Utterly appalled at the service from Zen and their constant fobbing/fibs but nothing I can do other than sit and (im)patiently trying to wait. Naturally, this will all be forgotten on pickup day but I wouldn't be able to recommend Zen (certainly without an apology at the terrible service).

Are you still leasing with Zen? There was a 2k price difference if I cancelled and went elsewhere so decided to suck it up and wait.

In cancelling I lost my processing fee with Zen (£200 I think). I decided not to lease and went direct to Tesla. Both cars appeared on my Tesla account page until last week. I wouldn't use Zen again as they insisted that they didn't know delivery dates until 2 weeks before, despite the fact that I could call Tesla and find I had no car allocated. Not good when the car was another pre-order.

I'm sure you'll be fine, you were not promised a pre-ordered stock vehicle so they'll have put a new order in for you, so the average wait of 3 months will be ok.

It's probably a case of an over zealous salesman a few months ago that's come back to bite them. Still, would be nice for an apology.

But don't worry - you'll be fine!

When should I expect a VIN number and where I can I check etc?

In a couple of months start checking the source code for a hidden vin every couple of weeks and enjoy looking for all the accessories you\ll buy between now and then! haha

I can only reflect on my experience with Zen Auto but to be honest they have been excellent given the poor info from Tesla. Hannah who I’ve dealt with on multiple occasions has been professional and provided as much information as possible as soon as it was received from Tesla.

What I don’t get is that if I go through the order process via tesla.com it says my M3 LR white with black interior would be ready for delivery in December! The SR+ are saying February.

Should I bare this in mind or because I have ordered via a lease company should I expect a longer wait time?

For those with Octopus like me.. I got so much more in terms of response and actual answers by going directly to SG Fleet who are the behind the finance. They got answers from Tesla, were the first to give me my VIN and reg. Worth going to them if Octopus are being useless.

What I don’t get is that if I go through the order process via tesla.com it says my M3 LR white with black interior would be ready for delivery in December! The SR+ are saying February.

Should I bare this in mind or because I have ordered via a lease company should I expect a longer wait time?
No the wait time will be just the same with a lease company or without, in my experience

Ok so where do I find my RN number?

It'll show in your account, once an order is placed.

49083828991_f11b64e12d_c.jpg