Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Leasing UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry Qazser, didn’t see your response but thanks for the confirmation. Company has traded for over 2 years so ok there, it needs to go through the co to take advantage of the 0% bik rates - although I’m not sure if you could still do that with a pch deal - never had a company car, always done it through pch in the past and claimed mileage.
If you do a PCH deal you won't have to worry about BIK rates as it's personal not business. You could still claim the 45p per mile (up to 10000) then 25p after that (might not be 25p, can't remember exactly but definitely lower).
To work out what is better you just need the total cost per year and compare that to the total mileage allowance you will claim. If the total cost per year is more than your annual mileage expense claim then would be better doing it through the company. If not then better to do it personally and claim the mileage expense.

Anyone got an opinion of what is likely to happen to lease prices over the next few months? The long range model is still pretty reasonable but the performance has gone crazy. I don't want to go for the long range then see an amazing deal on the performance. Not seen anything decent for the performance Model since February though.

Anyone got an opinion of what is likely to happen to lease prices over the next few months? The long range model is still pretty reasonable but the performance has gone crazy. I don't want to go for the long range then see an amazing deal on the performance. Not seen anything decent for the performance Model since February though.
I picked up my M3 Performance last week and went with Drive Electric 48 Months £654/ Month 10K Mileage 3 Months down payment (£1962) and best of all car was in stock.(2020 Model)
This was the best deal I could find at the time beating Zen and many others also got 5000 free miles by switching to EDF EV tariff.
as regards to what's going to happen in the future who knows, but if your happy with a deal on offer go for it. You only have one life live it ;)

Why try to predict it - if you need/want the car right now and can afford it, go for it and don't look back?

Prices could go up or down and there's nothing you can do about it anyway.

I picked up my M3 Performance last week and went with Drive Electric 48 Months £654/ Month 10K Mileage 3 Months down payment (£1962) and best of all car was in stock.(2020 Model)
This was the best deal I could find at the time beating Zen and many others also got 5000 free miles by switching to EDF EV tariff.
as regards to what's going to happen in the future who knows, but if your happy with a deal on offer go for it. You only have one life live it ;)
Thanks I'll check them out

Well yes, my point is if there's a deal that works for you then go for it. But no one knows if there will be "deals" or changes in price in future.
Just an opinion I was after that's all. Wondered if anyone would say something along be lines of a new government grant for electric cars comes in August or battery cost is predicted to half in July, something along those lines.

Well I think the biggest issue is that Tesla's prices are unpredictable. They could go up or down themselves, let alone what the government then does on incentives and what financing companies do on their prices (one could argue that financing companies are going to become significantly more stringent on who they lend to given there could be a lot of job losses on the horizon).

I think there is a good possibility of government programmes to support automotive industry, but whether that translates to savings for someone trying to get a lease/PCP and electric vs. non-electric is an unknown. For example it might be a scrappage scheme in which case unless you already have a car of a particular criteria you wouldn't really benefit. Or it might be targeted to electric cars in which case you really may be able to benefit.

If you're able to wait till July/August to order it might be worth doing so, since the expectation is that Rishi Sunak will announce stimulus plan in July.

main considerations would/should be

- am I happy with the quote
- can I afford the amount every month for the entire lease
- do I understand the get-out fees/clauses
- (for company leases) what happens if the government changes its view randomly on BIK/Electric vehicles, can I afford unplanned tax if they shaft the EV company driver
- for all EV leases - can I afford extra if the government decides to shaft EV drivers with extra annual vehicle tax etc

There will always be better deals that you can’t possibly have planned for, it’s just about being happy with your lot and having contingency.

There will also be different electric cars come along, the new Polestar looks awesome for example. I am really looking forward to beyond the lease I’m about to take out through my company - as the choice in 3 years time should be improved based on the roadmap from different manufacturers.

Reactions: bhav

Hello, How did you find Drive Electric? I bought the last Model 3 Performance with the grant from them 2 weeks ago and I am still awaiting finance docs. How long did your delivery take?

Thanks for this

On the Tesla website you can get the personal contract hire with those options for £544, but 10k Miles (unless I'm missing something?)
Makes me think that the Tesla deal might not be that bad?

I can't find anything better than the Tesla PCH quote. For 48 months, 10000 miles its currently £3000 down and £455pm. Does anybody know of a better deal?

Hi all, I have just reserved a SR+ from the Tesla Inventory. I hadn't seen many Standard Ranges pop up so I acted quickly...so quick that I still hadn't finalised financing. Which I had read on this thread was an OK thing to do.

I had been talking to someone at Drive Electric but he is out of the office until Monday. I'm trying to complete the registration etc and there is no option for Business Contract Hire which is what I was advised to opt for. What options should I choose under 'Payment Method'. I can only see HP or PCP.

Thanks in advance for any insight.