Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Leasing UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's what my contact Paul Dodd is telling me. So I just stuck with the original order. My issue with Tesla was that when I placed my order I didn't realise there was such a thing as P-. Their website and spec for the performance model showed it clearly as having 20" wheels so I assumed that was what I would get. I sent them screen shots of their website clearly showing the spec as listing 20" wheels in the spec. They admitted it was wrong and needed changing then subsequently changed the whole configurator the next day! But if they change my order to the P+ I thought I was getting then Pink say they have to reprice it and due to the Tesla price changes etc since my order I would have to pay over £100 more per month than the deal I got. So I'm not prepared to do that.
So finally heard back from Pink. Same as others suggest, if I want to change from P- to the P+, they will have to requote which will mean a price uplift of approx £150/month. Doesn't make much sense as I would have thought the funder would like to benefit from the free increase in residual, but apparently not....
I asked for an estimated delivery date (for fun) and was told September, for what it's worth.
I have now got a RN from them consisting 9 numbers (is that right?) But still no car linked to my Tesla web account....
The wait continues

Does all this confusion occur when other manufacturers introduce special specs (like throwing in ££££ of options for free) of their cars? Apart from Performance pricing, I wouldn't have thought that the other model/option repricing was any more/less significant to other manufactures incentives.
Other manufacturers don't tend to change the options or pricing massively on a released car between facelifts, etc. It would be unheard of for the likes of BMW, Mercedes, or whatever to change options availability or pricing seemingly on a whim, or following a Twitter exchange, as has happened here (e.g. someone petitioning Musk to bring the white interior back was all it took for it to reappear).

You'll just get an email from Tesla is you haven't already - with your RN number.

Unfortunately Tesla didn't reply to my customer support request, and Pink say they can't give me a number ("waiting for Tesla to confirm stock"). Bit weird to have a "Welcome to Tesla" email (and to register for an account) but to have no order there and both ends being a bit duff. I'll just wait until something happens...!

Has anyone Leasing (OctopusEV or similar Lease company) received any emails with window dates for collection?

I have a VIN but not heard a Dicky-bird from anyone

I am leasing from Drive Electric.

I've not received anything from them specifically, but 8 have received a call from Tesla directly to tell me that my SR+ will be with me 'sometime in August'.

No emails though, at all. So things are a little confusing right now.

Reactions: davidmc
OK so following on from my previous post where I was told by Pink that if they had to requote on my vehicle (P- in white with white interior) following all the recent spec changes it would actually be over £100 more a month - I thought i would get a quote for the car I thought I had ordered (P+ in white with white interior) from Octopus EV. It actually comes out exactly the same as Pink had quoted me initially PRE all the spec and price changes on the P- plus I get a free home charger and 8000 miles of free charging if I sign up to their tariff. So to me it seems like Octopus EV are definitely the people to go with if you are undecided or haven't committed yet.

OK so following on from my previous post where I was told by Pink that if they had to requote on my vehicle (P- in white with white interior) following all the recent spec changes it would actually be over £100 more a month - I thought i would get a quote for the car I thought I had ordered (P+ in white with white interior) from Octopus EV. It actually comes out exactly the same as Pink had quoted me initially PRE all the spec and price changes on the P- plus I get a free home charger and 8000 miles of free charging if I sign up to their tariff. So to me it seems like Octopus EV are definitely the people to go with if you are undecided or haven't committed yet.
Also the cherry on the cake with OctopusEV is the free Octopus teddy! (Got 2 for my kids delivered today - i did ask for them tho!)

Not sure if anyone else has noticed but in the Source code the delivery pick up address is now blank (null against all items for address)? Mine was there before i agreed a lease but no longer is?

Search for "Delivery Appointment at" (without the "") and after this is where the address of where you have asked for to pickup.

If you don't mind me asking what did Octopus EV quote? I have been waiting for a quote since the spec change.