Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Leasing UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OK so following on from my previous post where I was told by Pink that if they had to requote on my vehicle (P- in white with white interior) following all the recent spec changes it would actually be over £100 more a month - I thought i would get a quote for the car I thought I had ordered (P+ in white with white interior) from Octopus EV. It actually comes out exactly the same as Pink had quoted me initially PRE all the spec and price changes on the P- plus I get a free home charger and 8000 miles of free charging if I sign up to their tariff. So to me it seems like Octopus EV are definitely the people to go with if you are undecided or haven't committed yet.

When did you get this new quote?

I had a reply on Monday from Cyril stating they were not quoting at this time.

Wondered how long until I can request again.

OK so following on from my previous post where I was told by Pink that if they had to requote on my vehicle (P- in white with white interior) following all the recent spec changes it would actually be over £100 more a month - I thought i would get a quote for the car I thought I had ordered (P+ in white with white interior) from Octopus EV. It actually comes out exactly the same as Pink had quoted me initially PRE all the spec and price changes on the P- plus I get a free home charger and 8000 miles of free charging if I sign up to their tariff. So to me it seems like Octopus EV are definitely the people to go with if you are undecided or haven't committed yet.
I asked Octopus for a quote for a P+ over the weekend, they replied yesterday saying that due to price changes by Tesla they can't currently quote! Can you share the price they gave you?

For comparison my Pink deal for a P- is 6+23 profile on 8k miles. £2934.06 upfront with monthlies at £489.01, total cost £14,181.29 all Inc VAT. How does that compare to others on here?

I asked Octopus for a quote for a P+ over the weekend, they replied yesterday saying that due to price changes by Tesla they can't currently quote! Can you share the price they gave you?

For comparison my Pink deal for a P- is 6+23 profile on 8k miles. £2934.06 upfront with monthlies at £489.01, total cost £14,181.29 all Inc VAT. How does that compare to others on here?
And as if by magic..... Minutes later I get a quote from Octopus!!!

However it in no way compares to Pink. Offer on the same profile is £3,690.14 upfront with monthlies at £615, total cost £17,835.... Think I'll buy my own cuddly toys

Anyone received a quote from zen.auto ?

The deals look slightly better than the revised octopus quotes. I’m not sure what their extra mileage is - I sent them an email and am waiting for an answer

Edit: ranges depending on combination. I was told 12.88p on a contract and 17.05 on another.

Last edited:
The new excess mileage is painful.. I was re-quoted today by Octopus and it's now 9.5p up to 10k miles, 14.25p after that. Previously it was 4.4p and 6.6p, so less than half.

This understandably blows the whole "sign up at 5000 miles, pay the excess penalty at the end" calculations away. Getting a quote for my actual mileage (12000 a year) yields an increase of £1324.84 over the term.

Like for like spec quote from Octopus now from before the price drop and after means I would pay an extra £61.48 a month with a correspondingly higher 9 month deposit, taking my monthlies to £669.22.. painful.

I had reconciled paying £600 a month or very close to it, and had naively assumed that the price drop would mean that lease quotes went down as well but it seems that it's not that simplistic, or perhaps the finance companies are getting more skittish about the GFV with Tesla's constant goal post moving with pricing.

Seems like the only ones who benefitted from Tesla's recent price drop were cash buyers.

So are people using lease/PCP getting an automatic uplift from P- to P+? Or is it only on request?

If there is an automatic uplift, what is the reason? Is it that the finance companies didn't get their orders in before P- was removed from configurator?

Have you by any chance had any emails/text from Tesla (or SG Fleet/Octopus) about delivery dates?

Nothing yet. Bit frustrating as Tesla stop all the direct comms when the lease co takes over!

Trying to say to me that they can’t accept a car for 12 days until the new cooling period is over, told them I’m happy to forgo that should the car be ready sooner. Will see what they say.

I guess it is updated to the P+ ? If it wasnt already.

Was already a P+ :)