Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Leasing UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Model 3 leasers...

Assuming you have routine maintenance/servicing as part of your contract, exactly what and when during a typical 3 year lease do you approach your leasing company for new tyres/tyre rotation/new filters/wiper blades etc. ?

I think the simple answer is - when they need doing...
I never needed to 'pre-approve' work with my current lot, just go and book direct with the service partner for things like tyres, or the dealership for servicing. In my case (Inchcape for the current car) they've provided those people with the limits of what they will allow them to do - i.e. tread depth limit, level of damage on wipers, level of pad wear etc. Never had an issue though. Ive been to Kwikfit to get a puncture repair and one of the other tyres was moderately low tread, another slightly less so. They do the repairs/replacements no quibbles, and told me for the one that the depth was still a bit much for Inchcapes limit, so come back when it gets underi

M3 is with a new provider, ALD, so I guess it will be similar - it's probably worth a call to check what their procedures/limits are, though I would hope you'd get this information with some form of 'welcome/drivers pack' from the lease company

For those who are leasing through a salary sacrifice scheme, does your employer need to fill in a form for the EV charger grant? I spoke to an installer today who said it would be needed, whilst I’m sure my employer won’t have an issue doing it, I’m just not sure who to contact about it.

For those who are leasing through a salary sacrifice scheme, does your employer need to fill in a form for the EV charger grant? I spoke to an installer today who said it would be needed, whilst I’m sure my employer won’t have an issue doing it, I’m just not sure who to contact about it.
I did the paperwork through the Lease supplier (in my case NHS Fleet Solutions) it was all done online and quite quick to complete.

• Informative
Reactions: Nvg123 and thrash
Hi all,

Just as means of an update to my story.....and something interesting I found out......

Brief background:

Ordered a M3 LR Blue/Black through lease company beginning of July. Beyond an estimated delivery date from the leasing company for the end of Sept - I haven't had any communication - certainly nothing directly from Tesla.

As I was browsing the inventory on the tesla site I saw they had stock of my spec - and the webchat prompt popped up - I asked if they could tell me anything - the very helpful person said not without a RN (which I've never had)- I went to my lease company and asked for it (wasn't expecting to get it to be honest) and they sent it back straight away.

Back to webchat - ended up with the same guy (same name at least!) who I gave my RN to - and he told me "You have been matched and your car is on the boat".....great news....but what shocked me next was that he could actually tell me the Reg too!!!

Anyone heard how that could happen?! It not be here yet but have the Reg already? Are they matching VINS to Regs in readiness perhaps?

Oh well - at least I've got it confirmed I've been matched now.

Reactions: ElRey
My M3 LR from NHS Fleet has just now been given a delivery date of 21st Sept, got a text message from Tesla. Only 17 days to go! Considering I ordered End of June, can’t really complain about the time to be fair.
Do you know who's the lease provider for your NHS FS car, IIRC mine is going to be with Arnold Clark, when I spoke to Tesla this morning they said mine had been scheduled for 23rd Sept but they were waiting for a confirmation from the Lease company before texting me with the collection date.

From my understanding, with a third party, you see the vehicle in your app once it's delivered but not before. If you order direct from Tesla you can see the vehicle/order immediately under your account. Once you have the car everything is like for like between Tesla and third party e.g. booking repairs, upgrades, customer service etc. Again just my understanding though ...

For me the motivation for going with a third party was purely that it was cheaper than getting it directly through Tesla.

I'm leasing through Tesla Financial Services. I can see the upgrades as options in the App.

• Informative
Reactions: bhav
Do you know who's the lease provider for your NHS FS car, IIRC mine is going to be with Arnold Clark, when I spoke to Tesla this morning they said mine had been scheduled for 23rd Sept but they were waiting for a confirmation from the Lease company before texting me with the collection date.
Have never been told who the provider is unfortunately, but the text from Tesla said they'd been given the go ahead from the lease order so I assume everything should be set for us, these next 2 weeks are going to be very slow indeed. :D

Reactions: fancealot
Spoke to Tesla yesterday who said my car was at Zeebrugge, which means it should’ve arrived in the U.K. this morning but they couldn’t give me a delivery date, except that it would be September. Emailed the lease company this morning to find out if they had anymore information but no reply. A bit frustrating as I’ve seen in threads on here people who’s car was on the same boat are collecting early next week. I’m happy to wait just would like to know what I’m working towards so I can make arrangements.

Mine was Arnold Clark as well. Seems to be a sudden surge of Teslas finding homes with NHS folk recently, can't think why ;)

We almost need our own forum / self-help group.

Reactions: CameronT77