Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Leasing UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm having the same experience. My order is on hold too, same reason, Tesla said it's completely normal as stock won't come in until November, but I saw an available car nearby recently in the inventory section of the site and as you say, if the order is on hold, it wouldn't get allocated to us. I can only assume it's normal if we are in the same boat. I might try to speak to someone again today.
Yeah it sounds that way. If they just said we don’t like allocating inventory vehicles to existing orders then I would understand. However, by them saying the lease company can take it off hold but then being told they won’t it’s just a bit ambiguous.

I think if you don’t get anywhere today we are to assume it’s not gonna happen. No matter how many inventory cars come up 😅 Anyway, let me know how you get on.

Reactions: CHNW
Yeah it sounds that way. If they just said we don’t like allocating inventory vehicles to existing orders then I would understand. However, by them saying the lease company can take it off hold but then being told they won’t it’s just a bit ambiguous.

I think if you don’t get anywhere today we are to assume it’s not gonna happen. No matter how many inventory cars come up 😅 Anyway, let me know how you get on.
So the person I spoke to today just said that the account is on hold because they're not expecting any stock until November and they will make it love in October so a car can be allocated. I asked if it was anything to do with the lease company and they said not, that everything was in order and as it should be 🙈🤷‍♂️

Don't get why this isn't more straight forward! 😂

So the person I spoke to today just said that the account is on hold because they're not expecting any stock until November and they will make it love in October so a car can be allocated. I asked if it was anything to do with the lease company and they said not, that everything was in order and as it should be 🙈🤷‍♂️

Don't get why this isn't more straight forward! 😂
Okay, i figured that would probably be the case. I’m pretty sure that’s just how they do things. At the end of the day they already have our order so it makes sense that they try and get new customers via the inventory cars.

Frustrating but i’m sure it’ll be worth the wait.

I spoke with Customer services at Tesla to check on my order yesterday.

When asked about the "premium connectivity" subscription after my 30 days is up (I've ordered a SR+), she told me that I can sign up for this through the app, even though it's a lease car. I have seen elsewhere on this forum, that actually might not be possible?!

Can anyone on here confirm if they managed to continue their subscription ok with a lease car, without having the rigmarole of getting the leasing provider involved?

I spoke with Customer services at Tesla to check on my order yesterday.

When asked about the "premium connectivity" subscription after my 30 days is up (I've ordered a SR+), she told me that I can sign up for this through the app, even though it's a lease car. I have seen elsewhere on this forum, that actually might not be possible?!

Can anyone on here confirm if they managed to continue their subscription ok with a lease car, without having the rigmarole of getting the leasing provider involved?
Yep, covered possibly 100 times in this thread alone.

Reactions: Simonix
E40C8272-30F0-477C-B0D1-B620B2D890E4.jpeg

New LR delivered today - love the colour and love the car. The lease is through Lex - will my car appear in the app without me doing anything within the next day or two? I signed up for a Tesla account when prompted after the car was ordered and am signed into the app.

View attachment 713214

New LR delivered today - love the colour and love the car. The lease is through Lex - will my car appear in the app without me doing anything within the next day or two? I signed up for a Tesla account when prompted after the car was ordered and am signed into the app.
Mines is a lease through my work. I had to respond to a delivery thing I had to e-sign when the car arrived. Got the car at lunch time, it appeared in the app about 7 at night and got a text the next day in the morning saying it was in the app.

View attachment 713214

Mine is also coming through Lex. Did they deliver this to your house? If so, were you able to inspect it much prior to signing for it?

So, anyone have end of lease contract experience? I have returned a two year old M3, (which I looked after with the best care I could), and have been informed of the following:

Item DescriptionItem Cost
o/s/front wheel scuffed >50mm£64
rear bumper multiple scuffs£93
tailgate scratched£190
front bumper scratched£180
n/s/rear wheel scuffed >50mm£111
n/s/front wheel scuffed >50mm£111
Total Cost (Excl. VAT)​
£749

TBH, I held off repairing the (slight) curb-rashed wheels as it was thought paying the lease company for the repairs would cost the same as getting it sorted myself (£80 ish per wheel).

Perhaps this experience will justify paying for a suitable pro to wash/check it before the next one is returned. Ah well! Live and learn and all that. Hope this helps anyone else prep or avoid similar costs at the end of their contract.

Reactions: MrT3
How long after receiving your RN did you guys get a VIN?? Or Reg? I know deliveries not due til November... So might not be allocated til October... But got RN a week or so ago and am trying to think how to time buying insurance so it's 21 days before delivery
I got my RN on 16/09/21, nothing else since then.
I have my Tesla account set up, but not much on there either.
Logged into app and very little on there too...

Assuming mine will be Nov delivery, I was going to ask on the live chat, but yet to find a link to live chat.
Nothing shows up on the tesla support or contact page for live chat.

Awaiting a white M3LR :)

I got my RN on 16/09/21, nothing else since then.
I have my Tesla account set up, but not much on there either.
Logged into app and very little on there too...

Assuming mine will be Nov delivery, I was going to ask on the live chat, but yet to find a link to live chat.
Nothing shows up on the tesla support or contact page for live chat.

Awaiting a white M3LR :)
Oh you got your RN 8 days after me and I still have nothing :( Just got onto chat to ask about VIN and Reg and they basically told me you'll be assigned a VIN in Oct and then get the reg a week before delivery of the car (Nov/Dec) - I've seen someone's signature on this forum tho where they got the VIN and then managed to get the Reg through chat a week later - I would prefer that because I'd like to insure is 21 days before collection!!