Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Leasing UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It arrived!! Couldn’t see any issues with gaps.
It had floor mats (SR+) which I was pleasantly surprised about, and it says full self drive active - which I didn’t pay extra for, so that’s also unexpected (unless it’s a free trial thing).
It came with 40% charge, or 140 miles.
The app still hasn’t activated (5 hours in), but the car has done it’s auto updates.
A little worryingly (2 hours after updates and last use) it completely shut down - got in when it was dark, lights went on, screen went on, I put it in drive, and then the screen went black and nothing worked except the lights and doors. Tried the reset thing, but nothing happened. In the end I got out, locked it, got back in, then a minute later the Tesla logo appeared on the screen, and 30 seconds after that everything came back on.
Very odd.

Anyway hopefully just a glitch.

Thanks all for your help during this period of getting it sorted - much appreciated!!
Also where abouts are you based? I’m assuming mine is coming from Bristol who appear to give the cars a good charge, but am hoping it turns up with plenty of juice.

So I've taken the jump & taken a Vanarama lease on a black M3LR - Deal was around £480 for 4 years with 9 up front. Free home charger, free 1st year insurance & £250 cashback, for what it's worth. Some questions:

- Home Charger - not sure which one Vanarama get. Does anyone know and is it any good? If not I'll just get a better one myself.
- Energy - We all know about energy bills at the moment (especially gas). Does this create an issue when I speak to Scottish Power about any EV deals they may/may not have? Understand that it's generally worth getting an EV tariff to reduce the cost of charging at home.
- I've only ever driven a M3 Performance. Is the performance difference between that and the LR really that noticeable?
- They think mid-Jan for delivery. Not sure how optimistic that is - sharing the wife's X5 in the meantime :-/

So I've taken the jump & taken a Vanarama lease on a black M3LR - Deal was around £480 for 4 years with 9 up front. Free home charger, free 1st year insurance & £250 cashback, for what it's worth. Some questions:

- Home Charger - not sure which one Vanarama get. Does anyone know and is it any good? If not I'll just get a better one myself.
- Energy - We all know about energy bills at the moment (especially gas). Does this create an issue when I speak to Scottish Power about any EV deals they may/may not have? Understand that it's generally worth getting an EV tariff to reduce the cost of charging at home.
- I've only ever driven a M3 Performance. Is the performance difference between that and the LR really that noticeable?
- They think mid-Jan for delivery. Not sure how optimistic that is - sharing the wife's X5 in the meantime :-/
I signed up to the same deal last week - £464 for A 3 year contract and 9 upfront - no cost white - same Black Friday offers. Charger will be Indra Smart Pro Charge Point, not sure if it’s any good, I already have a podpoint installed so will take the £360 credit with pulse. My contract says delivery 4th Jan but car will be registered in December. I drove the LR and pace is brilliant though I felt the tyres struggle when pushing hard out of a corner. On energy - I signed up to the Octopus Go tariff - 5p per kwh for 4 hours during the night but this tariff is no longer available I believe? Oh our other car is a X5 too!

They think mid-Jan for delivery. Not sure how optimistic that is - sharing the wife's X5 in the meantime :-/
Feb/March is most likely, and Dec if you are lucky. Whist Tesla want to move away from the end of quarter rush they aren't there yet so I don't expect any customer deliveries to be made in Jan (unless some December schedules get pushed out due to bad weather at sea).

I signed up to the same deal last week - £464 for A 3 year contract and 9 upfront - no cost white - same Black Friday offers. Charger will be Indra Smart Pro Charge Point, not sure if it’s any good, I already have a podpoint installed so will take the £360 credit with pulse. My contract says delivery 4th Jan but car will be registered in December. I drove the LR and pace is brilliant though I felt the tyres struggle when pushing hard out of a corner. On energy - I signed up to the Octopus Go tariff - 5p per kwh for 4 hours during the night but this tariff is no longer available I believe? Oh our other car is a X5 too!
Thanks for the info... I'll research the charger. I'm a EV virgin so this is all very new to me. Do you have to switch your entire house over to Octopus for that (if it was still available).

I'm wondering if my best option is just to get a charger that I can set the time and set it to charge the car in the middle of the night. Suggestions welcome!

Feb/March is most likely, and Dec if you are lucky. Whist Tesla want to move away from the end of quarter rush they aren't there yet so I don't expect any customer deliveries to be made in Jan (unless some December schedules get pushed out due to bad weather at sea).
Interesting... They told me they had cars on order and due in Jan. It doesn't really matter if it's March for me. Live in Hampshire & planning to drive up to Heathrow to get Crossrail into The City. But with the latest Covid news I wonder if I'll be doing that before Spring anyway...

Thanks for the info... I'll research the charger. I'm a EV virgin so this is all very new to me. Do you have to switch your entire house over to Octopus for that (if it was still available).

I'm wondering if my best option is just to get a charger that I can set the time and set it to charge the car in the middle of the night. Suggestions welcome!
On the Octopus question - yes, you main electricity domestic supplier would be Octopus, assuming they offered a suitable tariff.

Any 'smart' charger (one eligible for the government grant) would be able to accommodate timed charging. You could also set the charging start time in or via the car. Your choice is really more about cost, aesthetics and availability than it is about features. Get a couple of quotes, see what they recommend and go with an installer you are happy with.

I have been given a registration number, to be registered 24th Dec and delivery 4th Jan. Confirmed by the ALD contract I’m being asked to sign. It’s part of a batch of cars on their way

So folks! I’ve got a VIN and reg today and been told collection at Leicester next Tuesday. However, I was promised home delivery by the lease company (but Tesla claim none available) and Leicester is 2 hours away. What a dilemma! I want the car asap (obviously) but that’s quite a difference.

#firstworldproblems

So folks! I’ve got a VIN and reg today and been told collection at Leicester next Tuesday. However, I was promised home delivery by the lease company (but Tesla claim none available) and Leicester is 2 hours away. What a dilemma! I want the car asap (obviously) but that’s quite a difference.

#firstworldproblems
Great news, but a dilemma!
When did your car arrive out of interest, as mine docks Friday and I desperately need it the following week, so wondered what the timescales were for you please?

#firstworldproblems
I’m so eager I’d drive from here (Middlesbrough-ish) to Southampton! My wife would kill me but it would be worth it lol

#firstworldproblems
You aren't just promised by the lease company, they are contractually obligated to deliver it (unless you have some weird small print).