Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Leasing UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys

Trying to work out if the current octopus deals are worth taking

I’m looking at M3LR, 3 years, 8k, black paint else standard.

As a 40% rate payer it reads £790 net impact!

As a tax trap tax payer it reads £550 which seems more inline with what the rest of you are quoting, so felt a little confused how to compare…?

Hey guys

Trying to work out if the current octopus deals are worth taking

I’m looking at M3LR, 3 years, 8k, black paint else standard.

As a 40% rate payer it reads £790 net impact!

As a tax trap tax payer it reads £550 which seems more inline with what the rest of you are quoting, so felt a little confused how to compare…?
I'm higher rate, leasing through my own company, net £285. (M3LR, 3 years, 10kmpa)

Salsac schemes are daylight robbery, in the main.

I'm higher rate, leasing through my own company, net £285. (M3LR, 3 years, 10kmpa)

Salsac schemes are daylight robbery, in the main.
I should mention it includes 4000 miles electric, charger, insurance, service and tyres, everything.

I’m just really confused on the best route to take! I obviously need to get rid of my income over 100k but I could do that with pension if the deals are terrible…the way they frame it for a 60% tax payer is kinda masking the high cost!

Hi there,
If your are using a lease company, can you you find out the VIN number at all? Or you just sit and wait until you receive the text from tesla?
I am leasing through Lex Autolease.
Ordered my M3P in Oct.

Thank you!
You have to wait it out unfortunately buddy. I was in the same boat, with no information, until one day the text came through. That was a happy day!

Does anyone know if the cost of home delivery is factored into the lease cost? I've just had a text from Tesla:

"Hi Ashley,
Sadly we have had issues with our carrier and we won't be able to deliver your Model 3 to you anymore. Are you happy to collect from our store in Norwich instead? Sorry for the inconvenience."

This is a 100 mile round trip for me that I obviously hadn't planned. Wondering if I can get something back from Tesla/lease company for this?

Reactions: disc0dave1
Does anyone know if the cost of home delivery is factored into the lease cost? I've just had a text from Tesla:

"Hi Ashley,
Sadly we have had issues with our carrier and we won't be able to deliver your Model 3 to you anymore. Are you happy to collect from our store in Norwich instead? Sorry for the inconvenience."

This is a 100 mile round trip for me that I obviously hadn't planned. Wondering if I can get something back from Tesla/lease company for this?
Would like to know how you get on here. I'm in the same position.

Hi All,

I took delivery of a new Tesla Model 3 yesterday (its from a lease company as part of a company car scheme). I already had an account created and the App installed and after delivery a few hours later the app just auto updated to show the car with all needed features. I would like to add my wife as an additional driver so she can install the app and use her phone as key etc but per How to Add or Remove Drivers | Tesla Support I am not getting the option on the App to add an additional driver? Also if I log onto the website it does not show the vehcile under my account like it does on the app and does not allow me to add with errors: Unable to claim ownership?

Any ideas?

Hi All,

I took delivery of a new Tesla Model 3 yesterday (its from a lease company as part of a company car scheme). I already had an account created and the App installed and after delivery a few hours later the app just auto updated to show the car with all needed features. I would like to add my wife as an additional driver so she can install the app and use her phone as key etc but per How to Add or Remove Drivers | Tesla Support I am not getting the option on the App to add an additional driver? Also if I log onto the website it does not show the vehcile under my account like it does on the app and does not allow me to add with errors: Unable to claim ownership?

Any ideas?
Lease cars don't show up in the account because you don't technically 'own' the car

Lease cars don't show up in the account because you don't technically 'own' the car
So do you know how I can go about adding an additional driver if not able to add the car to my account on the web. As mentioned the app is all showing the car OK under my account but no option to add a driver so assuming I need to do it via the web portal. Company Lease company are useless and cant find anyway to get hold of Tesla support to help? :(

So do you know how I can go about adding an additional driver if not able to add the car to my account on the web. As mentioned the app is all showing the car OK under my account but no option to add a driver so assuming I need to do it via the web portal. Company Lease company are useless and cant find anyway to get hold of Tesla support to help? :(
The lease company has to do it

I installed the app on her phone and logged in using my details.
I set the key cards as one for me and one for her.
In the car I added her phone as a key and linked to a profile set up for her. She does not need a separate Tesla account
I also set my profile as primary to cover the times when I am driving whilst she is in the car with her phone.

HI, thanks for replies so in I tried adding my account to her phone app which allowed us to get it working but I was finding my profile kept unlinking from my phone app which was annoying. In the end I had a tesla email from the lease company for enterprise accounts and contacted them and they took details of VIN etc and then responded back saying have added an additional driver for me. On then checking the car after logging in my wife phone app with her new profile all profile settings had changed and one for me (my email) was showing and also for my wife. So I linked existing profiles to these new account ones and deleted old ones and everything is now working as I expected :) Just need parking assist warnings to be added back and I will be happy all round!

Reactions: thetallpaul
Hi guys, I have a M3 via lease as a company car arriving at some point in the future.

When do I make a tesla account? I saw on a tesla FAQ that I should go to reset password and provide the email given to my lease company but this returns no registered identity? Do I wait for some sort of text to setup an account? Do I create an account manually then somehow link it to my VIN when I receive it?

Not sure why some are saying salary sacrifice approach is daylight robbery. I guess it does depend on tax bracket but personally think it's pretty good if higher rate payer.

If I look on Tesla's site a personal lease is £851 a month with zero down for a Model 3 Performance. Wife is getting one for around £600 month once you factor in tax (Around £1k salary sacrifice). That does have insurance, tyres and so on included.

Of course aware that if it was a year or so ago, maybe a bit more then it was probably quite a bit cheaper but nothing to be done about that right now. Just think if people where getting them for £500/m previously then £600/m in current times ain't too bad. Of course probably if did salary sacrifice back then it might have been about £300 or so but hey ho. Is what it is.

Sad my work doesn't offer this as frankly I'd go this route for my own car also if I could. Only works with electric cars and 2% BIK or a PHEV with massive battery range.

Not sure why some are saying salary sacrifice approach is daylight robbery. I guess it does depend on tax bracket but personally think it's pretty good if higher rate payer.

If I look on Tesla's site a personal lease is £851 a month with zero down for a Model 3 Performance. Wife is getting one for around £600 month once you factor in tax (Around £1k salary sacrifice). That does have insurance, tyres and so on included.

Of course aware that if it was a year or so ago, maybe a bit more then it was probably quite a bit cheaper but nothing to be done about that right now. Just think if people where getting them for £500/m previously then £600/m in current times ain't too bad. Of course probably if did salary sacrifice back then it might have been about £300 or so but hey ho. Is what it is.

Sad my work doesn't offer this as frankly I'd go this route for my own car also if I could. Only works with electric cars and 2% BIK or a PHEV with massive battery range.
Daylight robbery, compared to running one through your own company for the self-employed.

£851 lease is net £412 inside a LtdCo.

Salsac firms are known in the industry for high profit margins and fees which is where your extra £180 a month (net), is going.