Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Leasing UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Daylight robbery, compared to running one through your own company for the self-employed.

£851 lease is net £412 inside a LtdCo.

Salsac firms are known in the industry for high profit margins and fees which is where your extra £180 a month (net), is going.

Right but if you're not self employeed then you don't have that option. A salary sacrifice approach is better than going direct to Tesla for a Personal Lease, at least if you are a 40% or 45% tax payer. Or worse even if you are stuck in that 60% tax bracket.

Daylight robbery, compared to running one through your own company for the self-employed.

£851 lease is net £412 inside a LtdCo.

Salsac firms are known in the industry for high profit margins and fees which is where your extra £180 a month (net), is going.

Right but if you're not self employeed then you don't have that option. A salary sacrifice approach is better than going direct to Tesla for a Personal Lease, at least if you are a 40% or 45% tax payer. Or worse even if you are stuck in that 60% tax bracket.

In my experience both the above are true, in that the salary sacrifice schemes over-inflate the prices with the knowledge that for most people it will still be the cheapest way of running a new Tesla.

Would be nice if the gross prices on such schemes reflected the current market rate for an equivalent lease (plus insurance, maintenance etc.) and all the salary sacrifice benefit passed on to the end user, but unfortunately not.

But, for many still comfortably the best option, though.

Reactions: btc1k
In my experience both the above are true, in that the salary sacrifice schemes over-inflate the prices with the knowledge that for most people it will still be the cheapest way of running a new Tesla.

Would be nice if the gross prices on such schemes reflected the current market rate for an equivalent lease (plus insurance, maintenance etc.) and all the salary sacrifice benefit passed on to the end user, but unfortunately not.

But, for many still comfortably the best option, though.
Exactly. Not saying it's perfect but it's still a good option.

Just at the moment have to expect prices are rising fast on lots of products. Be it inflation or interest rates or supply issues driving up costs. The world is in a bit of a mess currently. :(

Hi all

I know this has probably been covered a million times but……..

I’m coming to the end of my Model 3 lease. Car has been leased through my business over 3 year period.

Questions

1. Is there a better way of doing things lease wise, or am I doing the right thing still by just leasing a car through my own Ltd company?

2. Who’s providing the best deals out there now? My current M3 is through Zen Auto, who haven’t been all that bad with me to be honest.

Thanks in advance.

I also have a small ltd company and just wondering why you lease when the pcp payments are very similar.

One question I have is how to charge your employer or company for the electric you use at home ?

Thanks
Leasing is fully expenseable whereas purchasing is 100% FYA and then paying CT on any later sale.

PCP is personal contract purchase so that is not available in a LtdCo.

I lease mine in my own LtdCo. "Employer" pays me 8p/mile to cover electricity costs. I also benefit from the exemption whereby electricity provided at the workplace is free from BiK - so I recharge "employer" for the home electricity consumed each month via figures on the Ohme charger.

Reactions: Bootneckshuffl
Leasing is fully expenseable whereas purchasing is 100% FYA and then paying CT on any later sale.

PCP is personal contract purchase so that is not available in a LtdCo.

I lease mine in my own LtdCo. "Employer" pays me 8p/mile to cover electricity costs. I also benefit from the exemption whereby electricity provided at the workplace is free from BiK - so I recharge "employer" for the home electricity consumed each month via figures on the Ohme charger.
Spot on mate

Not sure if this is the right place to ask but looking for model y performance leases and seeing some massive variations in prices likely due to the recent price changes. Any recommendations for companies doing a good deal currently?
Leasingpro is the cheapest I've found:

Business and personal, I checked a business one for 3 month upfront, 36 month Lease, 20k miles - worked out at £754 plus VAT per month.

Obviously can set your own parameters.

Reactions: Sixer
Been nagging my company to get set up with Octopus EV salary sacrifice. Finally convinced them and it all got set up today.

Been on for the first time to quote and the prices are crazy expensive. MY RWD, 15k Miles, 48 months (40% tax payer), has a net price of £677 per month.

£601 on Leaseloco and £653 direct with Tesla. I know it includes insurance but it's way more than I expected. Even a M3 RWD is cheaper with my own insurance via tesla direct than with OctopusEV. Are my expectations way out or is there something odd here?