Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 loaner help stranded

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Okay so I just got my model 3 used with 60k miles a month ago long range and I went on a road trip to San Francisco from LA, 80% through I got an error saying BMS_A027 with a small turtle symbol and it saying that the speed and regeneration braking is limited and that “car may not restart next time” so that terrified me so the first thing I did was head over to a Service Center over in south San Francisco and they took my car in and gave me Uber credits. So the next Morning I get a call from the center saying I need a new “HV Battery” so they are going to replace it but the thing is it wont be done untill Friday (5 days) and my trip ends in 1 day on Sunday, so they ended up having a loaner available for me a M3 LR but my daily limit is 200 miles and i can only drive outside of a 200 miles radius of the dealership. Here is where the issue lies… im from LA about 400 miles away… what do you recommend I do? How will they know if I go past that?

Attachments

• 3AD2C03D-35F5-4419-9EB4-C693DF0CC4A1.jpeg
    3AD2C03D-35F5-4419-9EB4-C693DF0CC4A1.jpeg
    197.9 KB · Views: 157
They can literally see where any Tesla is at all times…

Talk to the service center and see if they will make an exception without charging you fees.

If not then you’ll have to return the loaner and rent your own car to drive home and then come back to pick up your car when it’s done. Or fly home and fly back. Or extend your trip if possible and stay longer.

Also it says 125 mile radius. Not sure why it’s giving you price in Euros either….

Reactions: Moquinmoreno7
Upvote 0
Didn’t realize they had tightened loaner limits.

In late 2018 my wife’s M3 Stealth Performance needed a Drive Unit replacement. This meant it would be at the Service Center over the weekend waiting for the replacement to arrive. I got an older S85 loaner.

I had committed to visit our younger daughter’s prospective mother-in-law in Cleveland that weekend.

Our son-in-law already had road trip plans for my S100D. I ended up taking the loaner S on a nearly 900 mile Philadelphia-Cleveland-Philadelphia weekend trip. I had no problem using Superchargers on the trip. The car probably had Free Unlimited Supercharging. Regardless, I couldn’t add it to my Tesla account, so billing was impossible.

I advised the Service Center staff of my commitment and plans, they didn’t have an issue.

Upvote 0