Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 LR - 210 miles on 100% charge

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
210 miles is the maximum range I was able to get on full charge, both in cold and hot weather, on a highway or commuting. I do not abuse the AC or heater. The car is 6 months old. According to Tesla service, everything is perfect. Anyone else have it that bad?

Is that the range that you've been able to drive it, or the range that your Tesla shows at 100% charge?

I am virtually 100% positive that it is "the range OP has been able to drive it". If OPs car actually showed 210 miles on a full charge on the screen after charging, it would obviously be a problem.

Since OP states "This is the maximum range I was able to get on a full charge", I am Positive that this is OP driving (possibly over multiple days) that amount of range and complaining about it, which would mean it is virtually certain there is nothing wrong (and that this post belongs in the sticiked thread on the top of this forum rather than another separate post on the same topic).

Reactions: Phlier and Gasaraki
I am virtually 100% positive that it is "the range OP has been able to drive it". If OPs car actually showed 210 miles on a full charge on the screen after charging, it would obviously be a problem.

Since OP states "This is the maximum range I was able to get on a full charge", I am Positive that this is OP driving (possibly over multiple days) that amount of range and complaining about it, which would mean it is virtually certain there is nothing wrong (and that this post belongs in the sticiked thread on the top of this forum rather than another separate post on the same topic).

When the car is 100% charged is shows the estimated range around 270 miles, but while i am driving thi sestimate decreases faster that actual miles driven. By then time I have driven 160 miles the display shows 50 miles remaining.
I am new to the forum, what's OP ?

Reactions: ElectricIAC
When the car is 100% charged is shows the estimated range around 270 miles, but while i am driving thi sestimate decreases faster that actual miles driven. By then time I have driven 160 miles the display shows 50 miles remaining.
I am new to the forum, what's OP ?

OP = Original Poster, or, in this case, you. And "miles tick off faster than 1:1 means you are not driving the EPA rated wh/mi figure. It doesnt mean there is anything at all wrong with your car.

To summarize again: 210 miles is the actual range I am able to drive on the 100% charged battery. So far, I received two responses: "This is not right" and "Nothing wrong with your car".
My question remains: does anyone else has such a low range?

To summarize again: 210 miles is the actual range I am able to drive on the 100% charged battery. So far, I received two responses: "This is not right" and "Nothing wrong with your car".
My question remains: does anyone else has such a low range?

The response of "this is not right" was because that person assumed that you were saying "My car only shows 210 miles when I charge it to 100%" If that person chooses to come back and post again, you will see that is the case.

To answer your question, yes, virtually everyone that owns this car has similar ACTUAL range depending on what speed they are driving, what the weather is, etc.

You asked this same question in Feburary in the "Tesla statement on range" thread, and the answer is the same as it was then.

210 miles is the maximum range I was able to get on full charge, both in cold and hot weather, on a highway or commuting. I do not abuse the AC or heater. The car is 6 months old. According to Tesla service, everything is perfect. Anyone else have it that bad?
No not at all. But then you have not said your wheel size (20" performance likely a 10% hit), your speed (if you drive at 80 vs 65 another 15%). The outside weather as headwinds and rain can lop 20% off a drive.

A few responses to previous comments/questions:
1. Yes, I posted a similar message in February. Back then Tesla's explanation was that a cold weather contributed to a low mileage. It's August now and it's 90F in Virginia but my mileage did not improve.
2. I have 19" wheels.
3. No, I do not drive 80 miles per hour. My commute is around 30 miles per day, 60% of it on a highway where I drive 65m/hr. There are no hills or mountains or consistent high winds where I live.

I am well aware of Tesla's position on driving habits impacting the travel range. I am just curious to learn other people personal experience with the travel range of their Model 3 LR.

1. Yes, I posted a similar message in February. Back then Tesla's explanation was that a cold weather contributed to a low mileage. It's August now and it's 90F in Virginia but my mileage did not improve.
2. I have 19" wheels.
3. No, I do not drive 80 miles per hour. My commute is around 30 miles per day, 60% of it on a highway where I drive 65m/hr. There are no hills or mountains or consistent high winds where I live.

I am well aware of Tesla's position on driving habits impacting the travel range. I am just curious to learn other people personal experience with the travel range of their Model 3 LR.

We really need the Wh/mi average for the trip.

On my LR RWD car if I stay at 75 MPH or less with HVAC on a moderate temperature I can get 85%+ of the EPA rating.

Reactions: israndy
2. I have 19" wheels.

So your getting 210 miles over a period of 7 days without charging?
Research vampire drain on this forum and you will find your answer.
If you want more range turn off the following items in your touchscreen.
1. Sentry Mode
2. Cabin overheat protection
3. Always connected

Try that over your next “full” charge and range will be dramatically more.

So your getting 210 miles over a period of 7 days without charging?
Research vampire drain on this forum and you will find your answer.
If you want more range turn off the following items in your touchscreen.
1. Sentry Mode
2. Cabin overheat protection
3. Always connected

Try that over your next “full” charge and range will be dramatically more.

Has your range improved? I remember a thread 2 weeks ago where you were at the worst fleet range for you mileage.

Has your range improved? I remember a thread 2 weeks ago where you were at the worst fleet range for you mileage.

No, I was confirmed by tesla to have ~12% battery degradation(214 Range Miles). My SR+ battery now holds 46.9 kwh on a full charge after 12,500 miles. Despite this I can get over 230 miles on a charge by driving carefully. Thanks for trying to discredit my simple advice to conserve power to improve range when choosing to use an EV like an ICE.

From my perspective the OP is driving their EV like a ICE, “fueling” it only when it gets low instead of daily waking up to a full charge. When driven like the ICE vehicle the range will be lower due to vampire drain as previously stated.

• Funny
Reactions: ElectricIAC