Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Saw the same change as everyone else on my white/white.

3/09-3/31 changed to 4-8 weeks from order date

This is effectively the same since I ordered 2/8. Probably just the new way they are displaying to everyone due to weather based shipping delays.

Pretty messed up email header from the forum lol especially when I’m eagerly waiting for a vin lmao I got way to excited for nothing lol
3D50E1D1-8610-43CB-9D5D-C6DB594814C7.jpeg

FWIW, called my local Tesla store since my SA never responds to emails or texts.

Got a different person on the phone who said they were not sure what the new change to delivery estimate weeks on the website was about, but they pulled up my order details and said it still has a VIN assignment estimate of early-to-mid March.

I've always thought I had a lot of patience, I believe I was wrong about that now. My time in the military pretty much only taught me "hurry up and wait". At this point I've already driven my new car 1000 miles in my head. I would still rather wait on this car than go to a dealer. I wish Tesla could get this issue resolved but I think there are a lot of regulations that are standing in their way which were originally intended to protect pre-existing automakers. I'm not an expert on these things and probably should have at least googled it before posting this

I still have not talked to anyone from Tesla or had a test drive from them. There was a used 2018 Tesla Model 3 SR at the VW dealer when I was looking for a new car a couple of years ago. I drove it and fell in love immediately. Then they decided not to sell it. I think the manager actually purchased it from what the salesman said. I never drove the AWD LR so my dumbass bought a car without ever talking to a person or driving the car in person... And I have no regrets. March 2 will be my pick up date unless the weather has effected it. It will be my first drive in the AWD version.

• Funny
Reactions: M321
This is anecdotal, but my final pick up date is 5 weeks from the date I ordered. On my order they gave me a 5-9 week estimate so it ended up being pretty accurate. My final pick up date also falls right in the middle of the updated estimated dates they put on my account. Still not sure what this weather is going to change things, but it doesn't seem like it should affect you guys out west. I wish they would have given me an option to pick it up in Freemont. I haven't been to California in a while and I am vaccinated :eek:.