Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All,

Model 3 - LR AWD - White Interior - Performance Wheels. OD dec 5th - Delivery date Dec 26th 9am.

I got the "December Delivery" text on Wednesday night soon after that I logged into the Tesla account and prompted me that I got my VIN and that I should go through all the delivery process and then today I got a text that Tesla will deliver the car at my house Dec 26th 9am. so happy

Reactions: aljlin and EV70
Specs: M3LR White/White 18” wheels, no FSD based out of Schaumburg, IL
OD: 11/30
EDD: Feb.
Second EDD: Dec 14th - Dec 31st
Third EDD: Jan 14th - Feb 11th

Today (12/23) I received a text with a vin! Opened the app to sign the vision agreement then received a call from the SA stating one of their customers was originally assigned the vin but has been unresponsive so they handed it off to me! I scheduled delivery for Monday Dec. 27th but asked if it’d be available before then and told him no biggy if not. The SA wrote down my info and said he’d give me a call around 2 tomorrow to confirm because he’d love to give me an early Christmas present! Just thought that part was super thoughtful.

Side note: The SA stated this car was apart of the last batch of deliveries they will be receiving the rest of the year.

Hi All,

Model 3 - LR AWD - White Interior - Performance Wheels. OD dec 5th - Delivery date Dec 26th 9am.

I got the "December Delivery" text on Wednesday night soon after that I logged into the Tesla account and prompted me that I got my VIN and that I should go through all the delivery process and then today I got a text that Tesla will deliver the car at my house Dec 26th 9am. so happy
Weird, was originally planned for home delivery but got a text that they will do deliveries at the Anaheim Convention Center parking lot. Got appt for 12/26 @ 1:30p

Reactions: aljlin
Well, it FINALLY happened. OD of 8/15, only took 130 days to delivery. I finally picked up the car today. Everything was great. No gap issues, charger worked, USB ports there (it seems that storm has passed), and great delivery experience. For those of you that have been following my saga, you can understand when I say I deserved a good delivery experience. on the way home i gunned it at a light and got light headed. My son enjoyed it so much he made me pull over on the highway so I could pull out again from a dead start. I wasn’t exactly the model father this afternoon. Luckily he’s been driving for a while so he ignores me now anyway.

Thanks to all of you that have been so supportive and informative throughout this process. This has been a great place to learn and stress release. It’s been nice having cyber friends to chat with when my family is sick of listening. Knowing so many of you are doing the same stupid s#&t as me, like refreshing the app 20 times a day, makes me feel almost normal.

Good luck to all of you who haven’t received your VINs yet. Your time will come and you will quickly forget the pain.

Have a Merry Christmas all.

Attachments

• 5CA10247-4E5F-4B68-B6F9-2C9B23518D9E.jpeg
    5CA10247-4E5F-4B68-B6F9-2C9B23518D9E.jpeg
    745.3 KB · Views: 96
Well Karma bit me in the ass with this one. My funds are tied up in electronic limbo on Teslas end. So a cashiers check brought to delivery is not only the safer option, but better transaction wise. As someone who paid early and electronically… Tesla tried taking my money while handing the car to someone else. Now they say it will take 3-5 business days to get my money back. And they didn’t deliver me a car.
Regional Tesla found a new replacement vehicle — everything the same as my original order except for the wheels (MSM, white interior). But they said, “while the car is brand new with 3.8 miles on it, it did have a battery replacement”… all the same warranties etc. They can deliver it on 12/28, 1 day after the initial delivery day of 12/27. While its great they found a replacement after losing my initial vehicle and VIN (likely reassigned to someone else by accident), I’m skeptical on this battery replacement. But I need a car and can’t wait another month. Anyone heard of a battery replacement on a brand new vehicle? They said it came off the Freemont line at the end of November and is 2022. Part of me thinks this happens more often than we know and at least its a new battery. They also made a deal to give me the $1500 sport wheel price to be purchased in January after-market (since it was my original order). They’ll charge me for the 18” initially and let me keep them.

I read the Maryland lemon law and I guess we all run the risk of battery issues on a new vehicle and have some form of consumer protection? Thoughts? I could always walk away. But again, I need a vehicle and may be nit picky after getting hosed on my initial order/VIN.

Reactions: SkyeC
Regional Tesla found a new replacement vehicle — everything the same as my original order except for the wheels (MSM, white interior). But they said, “while the car is brand new with 3.8 miles on it, it did have a battery replacement”… all the same warranties etc. They can deliver it on 12/28, 1 day after the initial delivery day of 12/27. While its great they found a replacement after losing my initial vehicle and VIN (likely reassigned to someone else by accident), I’m skeptical on this battery replacement. But I need a car and can’t wait another month. Anyone heard of a battery replacement on a brand new vehicle? They said it came off the Freemont line at the end of November and is 2022. Part of me thinks this happens more often than we know and at least its a new battery. They also made a deal to give me the $1500 sport wheel price to be purchased in January after-market (since it was my original order). They’ll charge me for the 18” initially and let me keep them.

I read the Maryland lemon law and I guess we all run the risk of battery issues on a new vehicle and have some form of consumer protection? Thoughts? I could always walk away. But again, I need a vehicle and may be nit picky after getting hosed on my initial order/VIN.
I would think you are fine. I agree that it probably happens with some degree of frequency but is never talked about or never disclosed. I am kind of surprised they would disclose that. I mean, why should it matter?

Reactions: ICEMelter

Not sure how the battery replacement would be any worse than getting the same battery installed on original build. What counts is the battery itself. Assuming the replacement battery comes out of the same batch as the original builds, I wouldn’t think you are at any increased risk. But I’m admittedly no expert here.

Reactions: ICEMelter
I would think you are fine. I agree that it probably happens with some degree of frequency but is never talked about or never disclosed. I am kind of surprised they would disclose that. I mean, why should it matter?
I think they were just being upfront and honest and said the final paperwork will make a reference to it. I did email up the chain and have the Regional Manager help resolve the situation. After hearing back from him, the underlings seemed to improve their customer support by noticeable orders of magnitude.

Well, it FINALLY happened. OD of 8/15, only took 130 days to delivery. I finally picked up the car today. Everything was great. No gap issues, charger worked, USB ports there (it seems that storm has passed), and great delivery experience. For those of you that have been following my saga, you can understand when I say I deserved a good delivery experience. on the way home i gunned it at a light and got light headed. My son enjoyed it so much he made me pull over on the highway so I could pull out again from a dead start. I wasn’t exactly the model father this afternoon. Luckily he’s been driving for a while so he ignores me now anyway.

Thanks to all of you that have been so supportive and informative throughout this process. This has been a great place to learn and stress release. It’s been nice having cyber friends to chat with when my family is sick of listening. Knowing so many of you are doing the same stupid s#&t as me, like refreshing the app 20 times a day, makes me feel almost normal.

Good luck to all of you who haven’t received your VINs yet. Your time will come and you will quickly forget the pain.

Have a Merry Christmas all.
Congrats! Well deserved for what you have gone through. Awesome car! Gun it again for us! I can’t wait to get mine to do the same. Finger crossed for tomorrow!!! Hope I get my ViN

Reactions: Ashn and EV70