Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Cincinnati, LR, 18-inch Aero, white ext., black int., no FSD
Paying cash, no trade-in

Order date Nov 9, initial EDD Dec 12 - Dec 31

First movement today (Dec 9): EDD now Jan 16 - Feb 13. No VIN.
That works for me, since I'm still hoping for some Federal tax credit.

Dec 10: EDD changed to Dec 24 - Dec 31.
Dec 12: My Tesla account now has a VIN and a Vision Agreement button (which I did not click).
I contacted Tesla via the Web site chat and told the agent I want to put off delivery for 30 days, just in case Congress does pass some EV tax credits. She said she would have my advisor contact me to go over my options. I also emailed the advisor directly to tell her the same thing.
BTW, the chat agent mentioned that my EDD is not Dec 25 - Dec 29.

Dec 17: I tried twice via the Web chat to have my order put on hold, but my advisor never got back to me, so yesterday I called 888-51-TESLA and after only a few minutes' hold, talked to a live person. That agent went ahead and made the change for me, and my order is now on hold until January, and my VIN is released. (So if you get car number 5YJ3E1EB9NF130074, you're welcome!)
BTW, the agent also said that my advisor left me a voicemail, but I never got that, nor any other notification or acknowledgement.

Jan 2: The hold automatically released yesterday, and today it says the EDD is March 8 to March 31. I got no text, email, or any other notification.

Jan 7: EDD range updated to January 27-February 24. Of course, I got no notification.
Hi from Cincinnati ;)
Mine is LR, 18-inch Aero, Red ext., black int., no FSD order placed back in October... Multiple delivery pushbacks (February 7 to March 7 current ODD)... No VIN yet. Sent a message to Cincinnatti (Blue Ash) Tesla representative asking to expedite my reservation... Hoping to have something soon.

Just wait 'til at least when a vin is assigned to you. If you finance through Tesla, it's real fast. I once financed, approved and picked up the car in one day.

Same order but different date 12/05
My edd is 01/11-02/08
Did you put hold on your order?

Similar
My EDD got pushed back from 01/11-02/08 to
02/05-03/05

OD 12/05 M3LR MSM black/black, no fsd

Very very disappointed at this point
hey Ashn, assume you are in KC based on your location ,. I have the same config as you listed with OD of 11/21. Our latest EDD for delivery to KC is 03/03 to 03/25. frustrated too but hopefully new hardware will ease the pain of the delay

Does anyone if this just happens randomly or if it indicates a vin coming soon?View attachment 753068
When I ordered my first M3, I got the same text and got my VIN in a couple days.
I got this message when I ordered my 2nd M3 and was hopeful that the VIN would be assigned soon but I ended up getting the VIN 2 weeks later.
So there is hope... The wait is well worth it.
Good luck and congrats.

Reactions: Obi1836
So how I am understanding it, sometime in Q2, all 3/Y deliveries will have the Ryzen chip, but in the interim, it's a gamble?

I have a love-hate relationship with the Tesla ordering process. So happy to take the scummy dealership out of the equation, but it's also super frustrating having EDD switch up several times, and never sure about what features are coming in your car.

Reactions: helloresolven
So how I am understanding it, sometime in Q2, all 3/Y deliveries will have the Ryzen chip, but in the interim, it's a gamble?

I have a love-hate relationship with the Tesla ordering process. So happy to take the scummy dealership out of the equation, but it's also super frustrating having EDD switch up several times, and never sure about what features are coming in your car.
Though to be fair, other car manufacturers also do/did some updates mid-model year that we are/were not aware of unless you follow forums like these.

Last edited:
Same here. I usually don't mind playing the gamble for missing out on Tesla features, but this chip definitely seems like it would future proof the car quite a bit. I can definitely see features, apps, or UI being limited to Ryzen owners in the future and would hate to have a car that retains much less value because I didn't wait a month or so.
I don't think the value of the vehicle would be reduced if you have the old chip. When you eventually sell it...say on Carvana or Carmax, it's not going to ask you what chip is in the car, or if it has a Li-on 12v, or cooled seats. All they care about is what year, model, SR or LR, and how many miles is on it. These cars hold up value, where people who have recently purchased a SR+ or LR are able to upgrade to a newer model with no loss or very little loss. Like others have said, Tesla is always going to be putting out upgrades...such as the new 4680 battery that's coming out later this year. Just get the car, enjoy it...and if and when you are ready to upgrade to the new model, sell it to Carmax, Carvana, Vroom or Tesla and practically break even. The only add'l cost is the sales tax, so enjoy it and rack up some EV miles.