Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got my VIN today (F152XXX) - car was built today. Called Tesla and they could not provide me with build info, said it takes 24-48 hours. I'll call back later this week to confirm. He also said it would most likely have AMD....fingers crossed.
My vin is 153XX and it was built 2 days ago and intel..u lucky man..
Can't you reject your current VIN without a hold, i.e., move to the next VIN which might have the AMD processor?
I asked her but she said that since the order was placed in early November, it can only be put on hold..I'll call again and see if someone else tells me something different..

Have you tried reaching out to Infiniti? Sometimes they'll let you do an extension
Check out Tesla, Carmax, Vroom and Driveway and see what they are willing to pay. Compare that with how much it would cost you to buy out the lease for your Infiniti. Depending on the delta, you can decide if its worth buying it out to only use for one month. Also understand, if you do buy out your lease, you will have to pay add'l sales tax. But some places won't take the purchase until you have a title on hand, thus your lien is released.

It is highly likely you will receive your new LR by the end of March, since that's quarter-end. It is also possible you will take delivery early March, and you're only using your Infiniti for the extra week or two. Depending if the delta is in my favor, where I'm going to make money off the lease and selling it to Carmax or the like, I would consider just getting a Lyft/Uber for times I need a ride, carpooling with co-worker on work days, or renting a car. If you just need to get a ride to do your Costco shopping for the day, rent a U-haul pickup truck for $20.

Or, if you want your new Tesla sooner, consider looking at what they have in inventory and request the FSD to be removed. Also check out the M3 Performance for an estimated February delivery date.
Thanks for the info, I'll check into these options. My order date was 01/01/22, so from the order dates of others, it will most likely be pushed out further than March.

Hi everyone,

I've been reading this forum for quite some time but never bothered to become a member. I decided to finally post the details of my order for anyone that's curious.

I placed an order for a white long range model 3 with white interior and upgraded rims (no FSD) on Nov 03, 2021. A few days later, I got an estimated delivery date of Dec 10 - Dec 31. on Dec 11, the EDD updated and basically moved down a few days. For example, it now said Dec 13-31. Then on Dec 14 it did the same. Basically, one day into the EDD window, it would update and shift down a couple more days. Before the initial update, I received a text asking about a potential trade in, but I don't think this is related to VIN assignment or anything that people have discussed on this forum. Around Dec 21st, I got a text that said my VIN had been assigned. The next morning, I got a text asking me to schedule pickup. My delivery options were Dec 26, 27, or 28. Unfortunately, I was leaving town for the holidays on the first delivery day and could not accept delivery. I reached out to an advisor and asked if there was any way I could pick up earlier, or they could hang onto the vehicle until I returned Jan 3rd. They said they were only able to offer those 3 days and my only option was the release the VIN and put my account on hold until Jan 3. I had no other choice, so I agreed to do that. In addition, I figured I might as well take delivery in 2022 in case the new EV tax credits go through and stay retroactive. On Dec 31, my account was automatically taken off hold and said EDD was pending. A few days later, I got an updated EDD of Jan 31 to Feb 28. I was very disappointed because new orders were estimated to be delivered in March. To my surprise, the EDD updated on its own to Jan 8 to Jan 19. Then on Jan 9th, it updated to Jan 10 to Jan 19. The same day, I received a text saying a VIN had been assigned, and the next morning I was able to schedule pickup. For anyone wondering, putting your account on pause does not seem to put you in the back of the line. I will be taking delivery ~10 days after my account was taken off hold.

My delivery is scheduled for tomorrow at 4 PM in Los Angeles! This is my first Tesla (and EV in general), so I'm very excited! I'm hoping the delivery process is smooth and everything goes as planned. I'll follow up with another post afterwards if anyone is curious.

Hi everyone,

I've been reading this forum for quite some time but never bothered to become a member. I decided to finally post the details of my order for anyone that's curious.

I placed an order for a white long range model 3 with white interior and upgraded rims (no FSD) on Nov 03, 2021. A few days later, I got an estimated delivery date of Dec 10 - Dec 31. on Dec 11, the EDD updated and basically moved down a few days. For example, it now said Dec 13-31. Then on Dec 14 it did the same. Basically, one day into the EDD window, it would update and shift down a couple more days. Before the initial update, I received a text asking about a potential trade in, but I don't think this is related to VIN assignment or anything that people have discussed on this forum. Around Dec 21st, I got a text that said my VIN had been assigned. The next morning, I got a text asking me to schedule pickup. My delivery options were Dec 26, 27, or 28. Unfortunately, I was leaving town for the holidays on the first delivery day and could not accept delivery. I reached out to an advisor and asked if there was any way I could pick up earlier, or they could hang onto the vehicle until I returned Jan 3rd. They said they were only able to offer those 3 days and my only option was the release the VIN and put my account on hold until Jan 3. I had no other choice, so I agreed to do that. In addition, I figured I might as well take delivery in 2022 in case the new EV tax credits go through and stay retroactive. On Dec 31, my account was automatically taken off hold and said EDD was pending. A few days later, I got an updated EDD of Jan 31 to Feb 28. I was very disappointed because new orders were estimated to be delivered in March. To my surprise, the EDD updated on its own to Jan 8 to Jan 19. Then on Jan 9th, it updated to Jan 10 to Jan 19. The same day, I received a text saying a VIN had been assigned, and the next morning I was able to schedule pickup. For anyone wondering, putting your account on pause does not seem to put you in the back of the line. I will be taking delivery ~10 days after my account was taken off hold.

My delivery is scheduled for tomorrow at 4 PM in Los Angeles! This is my first Tesla (and EV in general), so I'm very excited! I'm hoping the delivery process is smooth and everything goes as planned. I'll follow up with another post afterwards if anyone is curious.
This makes me hopeful that the west coast won’t be pushed back til the end of the quarter 😅

Is it possible to find out for 100% certainty if the Ryzen chip is in your car before final payment/paperwork?

That is a great upgrade and should be noted in specs.

If not, cancel, burn the deposit, and re-order and wait again?

EDD Jan 24-Feb 7
Well depends on your order date. If you ordered before the price increase canceling the order won't be worth it. Only worth it if you ordered post price increase and willing to spend months wiating again.

Reactions: Toyhawker
Hi everyone,

Welcome to the forum, we just have one request, can you please confirm if you have Ryzen chip as well as the first 3 digits of your last six vin #? You'll love the car regardless which chip you get in terms of driving experience, some of us are just too spoiled trying to get the latest and greatest.

Is it possible to find out for 100% certainty if the Ryzen chip is in your car before final payment/paperwork?

That is a great upgrade and should be noted in specs.

If not, cancel, burn the deposit, and re-order and wait again?

EDD Jan 24-Feb 7
Your EDD implies a late August or Sept order date. Price has gone up maybe $4k since then. That seems like a pretty expensive chip.

Reactions: Toyhawker
Called an SA just now because seeing a few SoCal people with November order dates got me excited, and they said their production estimate showed mine being delivered to the Vallejo location around Feb 8 :/

Because of some timeline with my current car, might try my hand at checking the Existing Inventory page for any that pop up in my area. Anyone ever bought a car this way/know why some cars appear here?

Welcome to the forum, we just have one request, can you please confirm if you have Ryzen chip as well as the first 3 digits of your last six vin #? You'll love the car regardless which chip you get in terms of driving experience, some of us are just too spoiled trying to get the latest and greatest.
I’ve actually read a little about the new chips, but I’m too much of a noob to figure out which chip my vehicle has based on the VIN. I’d love to find out if you could help me decide ;)
First 3 digits of the last six digits are 152

Thanks for the info, I'll check into these options. My order date was 01/01/22, so from the order dates of others, it will most likely be pushed out further than March.
I really don't think your delivery will go past March. A newly placed order even today has an estimated delivery date of March. With quarter-end, they push out as many deliveries as non-humanly possible...with focus in locations closer to their building site (i.e. CA), to reduce delivery/travel times. When I initially placed my order on 10/30, the estimated delivery month was December and they were right on the money...I had received my inital VIN on 12/21.

@RJ215 Ask your SA to tell you the build date. They can do this very easily, even by text, and that's the only way to know when the car was made. There is no date printed anywhere on the car or documentation.

It's very unusual for Tesla to make January deliveries in the US but ideally your car was built last week and has a good chance of having some of the recent updates rather than being a holdover from December. Check the software menu for Ryzen/Atom and also the edges of the rear windows to see if they are double-pane like the fronts. Also check if there's any indication of a mid-car airbag in the *right* side of the driver's seat. Not sure when those will arrive but hopefully sometime around now.

I’ve actually read a little about the new chips, but I’m too much of a noob to figure out which chip my vehicle has based on the VIN. I’d love to find out if you could help me decide ;)
First 3 digits of the last six digits are 152
As others noted, I think you need to call your SA to get the details. My VIN is 152484 so we might have the same dad. I’ll be interested to hear about your delivery and the future/finish you find. And of course (fingers crossed) an AMD chip

I really don't think your delivery will go past March. A newly placed order even today has an estimated delivery date of March. With quarter-end, they push out as many deliveries as non-humanly possible...with focus in locations closer to their building site (i.e. CA), to reduce delivery/travel times. When I initially placed my order on 10/30, the estimated delivery month was December and they were right on the money...I had received my inital VIN on 12/21.
It's so random my dude...ordered Oct 15th...initial EDD was Dec (end of quarter) and as of today is now Mar (end of quarter) - no I did not go on hold.

Called an SA just now because seeing a few SoCal people with November order dates got me excited, and they said their production estimate showed mine being delivered to the Vallejo location around Feb 8 :/

Because of some timeline with my current car, might try my hand at checking the Existing Inventory page for any that pop up in my area. Anyone ever bought a car this way/know why some cars appear here?
Well got extremely lucky, and found (and bought) a car that was the original spec that I wanted!!! Built 1/8/2022 and a VIN starting with 151 so not too sure if its the new chip but i honestly wasnt in it for the chip so we’ll see!

Well got extremely lucky, and found (and bought) a car that was the original spec that I wanted!!! Built 1/8/2022 and a VIN starting with 151 so not too sure if its the new chip but i honestly wasnt in it for the chip so we’ll see!
Agree, so many willing to cancel orders and what not for a battery, a windshield, and a chip. If mine comes with it fine, if not it wasn't meant to be. Tech is always changing, I have played waiting game too many times before. I'll get what I get and enjoy it. If anyone wants to pass their reservation to me let me know............M3LR, Gray, Black, NO FSD........

They added my VIN (same as the View Page Resources) and updated my EDD to 1/20 - 1/26
Spoke with a Tesla agent today. They said my car was made on 1/8/22. They can NOT pull the CPU info via the VIN or via the car sticker. He also said nobody should be able to pull the info until the car has been delivered and someone checks the info via the car display.
He did say they can tell if the car has the new Li battery which my car does. We said most likely any car with the new Li battery will have the new AMD processor. I will confirm 1/21 after my car is delivered and update the forum.