Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just ordered our 2nd Tesla Jan 15th and bought our first in September. Right now delivery window Feb 28th-March 28th. Wish me luck...Model 3 Long Range model. Are these "windows" fairly stable on these models? I about fell over when I saw a RWD SLR was like a July delivery when I looked at it LOL.
I think people are seeing about 3 months from order date right now, depending on configuration. So maybe about a month after the advertised date is more reasonable, but seems to really depend on location and configuration. I ordered Dec 8, and still no VIN. Delivery estimate has been pushed back 4 times now, and I am waiting on the next push back any day now. Hope that helps.

Reactions: BMWM3Man and ds335
I fear I am going to be right on the edge of potentially getting an AMD chip and not. I'll accept either way as we really need a second car (I sold maybe a little preemptively) but Sunshine with the 161xxx vin and my 158xxx vin makes me wonder. I have a Vin and a EDD of 1/27-1/30 but have not heard from a SA yet. Presumably our car has been produced at this point but maybe not quite yet. I might reach out to someone today as I am getting curious. Our service center is likely quite busy as it is now taking the volume of another service center which suffered damage from the recent Marshall fire.

I think people are seeing about 3 months from order date right now, depending on configuration. So maybe about a month after the advertised date is more reasonable, but seems to really depend on location and configuration. I ordered Dec 8, and still no VIN. Delivery estimate has been pushed back 4 times now, and I am waiting on the next push back any day now. Hope that helps.

Which model did you order?

I fear I am going to be right on the edge of potentially getting an AMD chip and not. I'll accept either way as we really need a second car (I sold maybe a little preemptively) but Sunshine with the 161xxx vin and my 158xxx vin makes me wonder. I have a Vin and a EDD of 1/27-1/30 but have not heard from a SA yet. Presumably our car has been produced at this point but maybe not quite yet. I might reach out to someone today as I am getting curious. Our service center is likely quite busy as it is now taking the volume of another service center which suffered damage from the recent Marshall fire.
I had an ED Date of 1/20 to 1/26. A few days back, I actually texted and asked if they could potentially narrow that down just a bit (due to a tough scheduling week). Not 2 minutes after sending that text, I received another text saying I was ready to schedule the delivery. Of course it could have been coincidence, but they've been extremely helpful out of the Littleton branch.

For those of us in the U.S. take this with as big a grain of salt as you like but POTUS in his speech today said he plans to break out the energy and environment part of the Build Back Better plan and he says it's "clear" that it has the support to pass this year. This is of course the part that would have the EV tax credits.

So the prospects of getting some money back for doing our part for the environment by buying an EV looks a little better...
I heard that speech too, but once you break up the bill, the process will drag out. Each broken up piece will go through the below process:

Senate Version -> Senate Vote -> House Version -> House Vote -> Senate Vote #2 -> House Vote #2 -> Send to POTUS

And then the question will remain if this will be retroactive from Jan 1.

Last edited:
Just one data point but the VIN that I rejected was 158xxx for an M3LR White/Black Aero config and the SA texted me that it had the Intel Atom and the 12V Lead-acid battery. Build date was Jan 15.

Yea - So, orders such as this are typically retroactive for the year. From a financial/auditing/tracking, etc... perspective, it is actually more cost effective for the government to retroact to Jan 1 (calendar year) so that it aligns with taxes and all that. In other words, if it passes, I feel extremely confident that it would be retroactive. Just my two cents of course
I wouldn't count on that necessarily. The current federal plug-in electric tax credit is still in effect, and while the version that passed the house repealed this as of 12/31/2021, there's no guarantee that they won't shift the date to the day the bill passes. I think back to the TCJA of 2017 as an example of where a date other than 1/1 was used for major changes. - 100% bonus depreciation was enacted for purchases after 9/27/2017.

Just one data point but the VIN that I rejected was 158xxx for an M3LR White/Black Aero config and the SA texted me that it had the Intel Atom and the 12V Lead-acid battery. Build date was Jan 15.
Thanks, that's my exact config too. We've been down to one car for a family of four for four weeks now and things are getting tough but I'd be annoyed to miss out by what could only be a weeks time.
I guess I'll call the service center and turn on my best charm.

I would respond to the text message from Tesla. I did that to ask about the chip and got a follow up message asking me about a preferred delivery date.

I'm in a similar situation and am one of those people displaced from the superior location. Are you local to the Loveland store? I received an automated text a few weeks ago that my delivery was moved to Loveland but I have no idea if I have the same SA or any SA at all. My delivery window was pushed back last week to February 2nd and I don't have a VIN yet, so I figured I would just call that location when I need to. I'm a little in the dark, but doing my best to not take up anyone's time unnecessarily before there's any real information to be gathered.

What's your order date and current delivery window?

I'm in a similar situation and am one of those people displaced from the superior location. Are you local to the Loveland store? I received an automated text a few weeks ago that my delivery was moved to Loveland but I have no idea if I have the same SA or any SA at all. My delivery window was pushed back last week to February 2nd and I don't have a VIN yet, so I figured I would just call that location when I need to. I'm a little in the dark, but doing my best to not take up anyone's time unnecessarily before there's any real information to be gathered.

What's your order date and current delivery window?
I received a similar txt but to say that my delivery would be to Littleton. I'm 20 minutes south of the Superior location in N. Golden. Order date was 10/26 and current window is 1/27-1/30 and I do have a VIN which is 158xxx.

Reactions: daveotero
Reactions: indianinjapan