Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Getting close to my OD....

my EDD window is still showing 1/21 - 2/18 and no VIN yet... Assuming that date range will push tomorrow :(
Same here. Yes, I expect a push back tomorrow, or over the weekend. I have had it pushed while in the window by a day or two, so I guess it's hit and miss when they extend it out. But usually it updates on or just after getting into the EDD....

Just received my VIN today! OD 11/27: Blue/White/18/No FSD delivery in MA
Just for reference that for trying to figure out how the vin assignment process works. You never know when you will get your vin.
(I'm not complaining, just putting the data out there.)

I have the same config and I am in MA with a Boston are pickup. My OD 10/30. We both took our orders off hold on 12/30. My EDD is 2/5 - 3/5 (no vin). n0ah's EDD was 2/13 - 3/13.

Edit: I have black interior. n0ah has white interior.

Reactions: n0ah
from @Troy

It has average, but you can manipulate/filter the data to remove older entries and focus on certain models, locations, etc.

Ha! Just saw the video explainer, and played with filters. Very cool. Still tells me average order to VIN for my configuration is only 38 days, which seems low....50 days average from order to delivery. LOL

Just got A VIN (157XXX) and delivery range of 1/29-2/2. Not really concerned about the chip; we're upgrading from a 1999 Volvo V70 XC.
Another Update: received the text to schedule delivery this morning around 11am. I'll be picking up in Rockville, MD on 1/29.

On a related note. I've been working with Carolina Cooperative Federal Credit Union, which is one of the of the lenders listed in the spreadsheet on the Tesla Loan Comparison sticky thread and they have been wonderful. I sent in my loan application document on Tuesday at 7pm, had an approval e-mail on Wednesday at 11am; 1.99% interest rate.

There's a lot of data available in this forum. Has anybody taken the time to find the average, mean, variation, etc. of all the start dates, VIN dates and pickup dates? Before I take on such a project, I want to make sure someone hasn't already done it. I would limit data back 3-4 months and ignore holds and changes. This would yield a generalized number for the average wait from ordering to delivery, ignoring color, configuration and location.

Enjoy the data-dump.

I heard that speech too, but once you break up the bill, the process will drag out. Each broken up piece will go through the below process:

Senate Version -> Senate Vote -> House Version -> House Vote -> Senate Vote #2 -> House Vote #2 -> Send to POTUS

And then the question will remain if this will be retroactive from Jan 1.
Since the House already passed a "BBB" bill, can't the Senate simply amend it (strip out a bunch of stuff) and then just send this new version back to the House for an up/down vote? Instead of starting all over again. Not sure what the rules are exactly.

Just for reference that for trying to figure out how the vin assignment process works. You never know when you will get your vin.
(I'm not complaining, just putting the data out there.)

I have the same config and I am in MA with a Boston are pickup. My OD 10/30. We both took our orders off hold on 12/30. My EDD is 2/5 - 3/5 (no vin). n0ah's EDD was 2/13 - 3/13.

Edit: I have black interior. n0ah has white interior.
My EDD never changed after coming off hold and I stopped checking 2 days ago, then today I was feeling depressed reading this thread and went into the app and it said "Tesla is making changes to your account, login to see why". I logged in and there was the vision agreement and there was the VIN. You never know.

Seattle area.
OD 19 Nov: LR, will be adding Acceleration Boost. MSM, black interior, 18” wheels (will remain winter setup)
EDD was last half of Dec.

I called on 21 Nov to delay delivery until January. Gives me time to get my entire garage rewired and a 14-50 outlet and 50 amp circuit installed.

9 Nov I called and changed from MSM to pearl white.
EDD 17Jan - 14 Feb 2022

Searching now for 19” summer wheels and tires.

17 January app update.
EDD pushed back 8 days: 29 Jan - 26 Feb.

Reactions: Doggerton
Since the House already passed a "BBB" bill, can't the Senate simply amend it (strip out a bunch of stuff) and then just send this new version back to the House for an up/down vote? Instead of starting all over again. Not sure what the rules are exactly.
I believe the house and Senate versions are different. The house version has the $7,500 base tax credit plus $500 if the battery is manufactured in the US. The Senate version has the $7,500 base credit, another $2,500 if the car is manufactured in the US and a further $2,500 if manufactured with US union labor. They would have to reconcile these differences. Obviously I'm just talking about the tax credit portion, but suspect there are many differences in the other parts of the bill that will require reconciliation.

Last edited:
Another Update: received the text to schedule delivery this morning around 11am. I'll be picking up in Rockville, MD on 1/29.

On a related note. I've been working with Carolina Cooperative Federal Credit Union, which is one of the of the lenders listed in the spreadsheet on the Tesla Loan Comparison sticky thread and they have been wonderful. I sent in my loan application document on Tuesday at 7pm, had an approval e-mail on Wednesday at 11am; 1.99% interest rate.

How many months is that based off of?