Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I cant imagine software holding up an order, as that is not something physical added onto a car.

Higher capacity packs, second motor, different color interior, exterior paint aren’t changeable after a car is built but things like wheels, FSD, acceleration boost.......hard to believe an order can get held up for those.

If I had to guess, my guess is the delivery of made in China cars to Europe this quarter has allowed Tesla to alter the delivery cadence we're all used to in the states, throw in half the country freezing solid for a week and so we're the guinea pigs.

It's gonna be fine, we're all gonna get our cars, they're all gonna be in good shape and then next quarter this thread will explode again with the new batch of people just as high strung and excited.

But also if they could stop taking away my dates and give my car to me because I really need it!

My estimated delivery date switched back to 6-10 weeks from order date. I ordered on 1/22, still no Vin! Kansas City delivery location, white/black and 18" rims.

about 3 weeks ago, my SA said I should have my vin in 1-2 weeks. well that didn't happen..........

Same estimated delivery date, order date, and build... Only difference is I'm in SoCal, and your SA talks to you!

It looks like deliveries to/from Kansas City are a bottleneck. That is the location that I am waiting on.

Via the website, the delivery estimate has dropped to 2-4 for new builds.
I am picking up in KC and ordered 1/22. I saw someone who ordered my exact same configuration two weeks after me took delivery in St. Louis. It is annoying because I still do not have a VIN.

Silver / White
Good for you, it's truly insane for others with no rhyme or reason as Id ordered an entire month prior for red/white with 18's in VA not far from you for east coast and still haven't gotten any VIN and have only had my time frame continue to move further and further away while others are getting their cars. Its frustrating seeing that ordering the exact car today is only a 2-4 week estimate which makes some folks on here feel like our orders are shuffled and mishandled in some jumbled queue. Hopefully they hold true on yours and that VIN comes through.