Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'd been planning on going through Tesla too, since they were offering financing at 2.49%, but I was holding on applying until I had a more firm/imminent EDD and now the rate has gone up to 2.74%, so I'm planning to see about going through DCU to save more money. I found a super detailed step-by-step how-to for DCU on Reddit that I plan to follow; hopefully I can make that work (I unfortunately just had my [very good] credit run for a refi in mid-Dec., we'll see how or if that impacts things).
OH WOW! tesla rate went up!?!?

OH WOW! tesla rate went up!?!?

Yeah, I don't know exactly when :(

1644000253297.png

Reactions: disneygirl420
Sub 2% is gonna be free money and I do have a preapproved quote for that. I dunno where the rates end up after The Fed hikes them (most likely in March).

Refinance rates are generally higher than purchase and won’t get any better with the Fed hike.
I have used several lenders that if the car is new (current model year), the rate is the same whether you literally bought it new, bought it used, or refinanced it.

I have often paid cash to jump on a great deal, then rolled it to the banks I use for cheap rates. YMMV of course but I've been doing this for about 12 years this way.

Has anyone in this waiting room successfully gotten the 1.24% rate or is it just going off what the website says? I haven't dealt with DCU (yet) but my old Credit Union played the game that since it says "As low as" on the 1.49%, they couldn't add the additional 0.25% for EVs... Could be different with DCU though (and I hope it is for when I apply hopefully soon).
I just got 1.24 through DCU on my MS. I am an existing customer and financed my last Tesla thought them.

FYI - they VERY quickly sent notice to the state I live in that I paid off the account. They say 2-3 business days but they apparently sent it the next day.

I'd been planning on going through Tesla too, since they were offering financing at 2.49%, but I was holding on applying until I had a more firm/imminent EDD and now the rate has gone up to 2.74%, so I'm planning to see about going through DCU to save more money. I found a super detailed step-by-step how-to for DCU on Reddit that I plan to follow; hopefully I can make that work (I unfortunately just had my [very good] credit run for a refi in mid-Dec., we'll see how or if that impacts things).

I had planned on going through Tesla too, but now I have to look elsewhere too. This car can't get here soon enough!!!

I just got 1.24 through DCU on my MS. I am an existing customer and financed my last Tesla thought them.

FYI - they VERY quickly sent notice to the state I live in that I paid off the account. They say 2-3 business days but they apparently sent it the next day.
Awesome!! Sounds like it may just be a matter of talking to the right rep then to get the extra 0.25% off.
Good to know about the quick turnarounds too... I sold my M3P on 1/14 to a local dealership. My current CU received the payoff check 2 weeks ago and despite numerous calls they have still not released the title which means I don't have the rest of my $ from the dealership... So in a way it's a good thing I have not gotten a VIN yet since I don't have my down payment ready yet! Gotta focus on the positives of the seems-like-forever wait...

I received this message today:

Tesla Update - We noticed you don't have a trade value for your current vehicle in your account.

If you're selling a vehicle to prepare for your upcoming Model 3 delivery, you can trade your vehicle in with your purchase!

Get your trade-in value by responding to this text with your car's Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) and exact mileage, and a Tesla Advisor will follow up with you soon.

I don't have a trade, am I getting closer to delivery???

Reactions: Mustangr
I received this message today:

Tesla Update - We noticed you don't have a trade value for your current vehicle in your account.

If you're selling a vehicle to prepare for your upcoming Model 3 delivery, you can trade your vehicle in with your purchase!

Get your trade-in value by responding to this text with your car's Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) and exact mileage, and a Tesla Advisor will follow up with you soon.

I don't have a trade, am I getting closer to delivery???
Maybe. I got the same message last week, I responded right away and today my EDD window went down to 2/11-2/25