Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone,
Long-time lurker here.

Order date: 1/4/22
M3 LR red / white interior / 18" wheels

original EDD: March
soon switched to: 2/20-3/20

I've been twiddling my thumbs waiting for an update. Everyone else seems to get updates. Me? NADA. I'm worried that my red car will take much longer than other colors.

I just applied for a car loan today... hoping to lock in the rate before the upcoming rate hikes. I hope I'm lucky enough to NOT get the EDD pushed back. My loan approval will be good for only 60 days.

Thanks to everyone for keeping me occupied and teaching me the ropes of this delivery process :)

Hi everyone,
Long-time lurker here.

Order date: 1/4/22
M3 LR red / white interior / 18" wheels

original EDD: March
soon switched to: 2/20-3/20

I've been twiddling my thumbs waiting for an update. Everyone else seems to get updates. Me? NADA. I'm worried that my red car will take much longer than other colors.

I just applied for a car loan today... hoping to lock in the rate before the upcoming rate hikes. I hope I'm lucky enough to NOT get the EDD pushed back. My loan approval will be good for only 60 days.

Thanks to everyone for keeping me occupied and teaching me the ropes of this delivery process :)
I think a lot of us are experiencing varied updates from Tesla. I have received exactly two updates and our OD is similar. March, Range in March, Range in late February to March. All in and all, not meaningful updates until it narrows.

I said this less than 48 hours ago:

(moderator note)

Im going to (Again) head off all the "DCU" talk. TMC does not allow referrals, and because of rampant exploitation of DCU referrals we are particularly sensitive to that one.

Because people have not been listening to us when we say this, I have been having to issue people temporary bans to get their attention. Every time "DCU" comes up people start talking about referrals and such, so this is a warning to not do that or risk a temporary ban.

I said this less than 48 hours ago:

(moderator note)

Im going to (Again) head off all the "DCU" talk. TMC does not allow referrals, and because of rampant exploitation of DCU referrals we are particularly sensitive to that one.

Because people have not been listening to us when we say this, I have been having to issue people temporary bans to get their attention. Every time "DCU" comes up people start talking about referrals and such, so this is a warning to not do that or risk a temporary ban.
Maybe be a little clearer on what you're saying people cannot say? Are you saying the mere mention of DCU will get you a ban? Or mentioning DCU referrals? Not trying to be a smart a$$, but what you're saying isn't clear to a new member.

Reactions: illiniknick
This isnt an interest rate thread, and all those got locked basically because of all the talk about DCU and referrals. I am aware that there are financial incentives for DCU referrals, and that some members who keep mentioning DCU likely are doing so to get other people to PM them about it.

I am trying to stop the referrals, and also the "quasi referrals" that happen by constantly mentioning it, and expecting people to PM about it.

I think a lot of us are experiencing varied updates from Tesla. I have received exactly two updates and our OD is similar. March, Range in March, Range in late February to March. All in and all, not meaningful updates until it narrows.
Yep, I've noticed that too. Some of us have EDD that dance around, others are static. I'd be fine with mine being static, if it were accurate. I'm worried that on 2/20 the EDD will move to April or later. Alas, it's all speculation. Just have to keep twiddling thumbs and waiting on queue.
Hoping both of us get good news in a few weeks!

Hey Elon, my wall charger is lonely. It wants a friend! 😁

Time to dip my toe in the water after lurking here for a few weeks. Adding an east coast data point.

M3LR White w/Black Interior, 19” wheels, no FSD
OD: 1/12
EDD: 2/28-3/28

No changes in EDD since ordering. Hoping for some East coast love soon.
Your order seems just about perfectly aligned to get delivered either before or at the end of the 1st quarter delivery rush. First indicator it's getting close will be a 2 week EDD window. The wait is rough. Strap in.

Reactions: hifixenthus
Time to dip my toe in the water after lurking here for a few weeks. Adding an east coast data point.

M3LR White w/Black Interior, 19” wheels, no FSD
OD: 1/12
EDD: 2/28-3/28

No changes in EDD since ordering. Hoping for some East coast love soon.
Exact same order date but with the aero wheels and in PHX. EDD is Feb 20-Mar 20 and hasn't changed since order date. Best of luck to you!

For those of you who have used DCU for your loan....any recollection of how long it took between application and $ xfer? My delivery looks like it's going to be 2/14 but I just submitted an application today (thanks to those of you who recommended it). Too late?
I just had to reapply as my first offer had expired. I was approved on the phone, e-signed the papers that evening, and they overnighted a check the next day. It's quick once you get past the waiting on hold part.

In Wisconsin, picking up in Chicago. Haven’t seen much much movement for those in upper Midwest.

Here’s my info:
M3LR MSM/Black/Aero
OD: 11/19
Advertised January 2022 delivery
EDD1 11/20: 1/15-2/12
EDD2 1/15: 2/6-3/6
EDD3 1/28: 2/11-2/25
Got my VIN late today!! 170xxx... completed all my tasks and EDD still 2/11-2/25.

This isnt an interest rate thread, and all those got locked basically because of all the talk about DCU and referrals. I am aware that there are financial incentives for DCU referrals, and that some members who keep mentioning DCU likely are doing so to get other people to PM them about it.

I am trying to stop the referrals, and also the "quasi referrals" that happen by constantly mentioning it, and expecting people to PM about it.
Just a note that I'm defiantly NOT hunting for DCU referrals. You don't need one to become a member anyway. Just trying to help others going through the same process. I did hear about DCU from this board. Actually that's how I found this forum, google searching for the best Tesla lenders.

Also, I just scheduled delivery for Monday the 14th! 🥳 Happy Valentines Day to you, my sweet sweet Model 3. 💘

Damn! Im in San Diego and I just ordered. Looks like its gonna be a long wait.

This was the Carlsbad location?
Update: The delivered my new Model 3 today so now all is good. Only a two day delay. Apparently, they were able another one in Freemont that was ready and put it on a truck on Thursday. So all is good now.

Model 3 LR Delivery

Hey y'all, I placed my order online on 11/18/21, and received my first VIN on 12/19/21, I put my order on hold as I could not take delivery, and jumped back into the queue a few days ago.

My delivery was originally Feb 5 to March 2, and now changed to Feb 7 to Feb 21.

From anyones experience, is this relatively accurate? Does a VIN come sooner once you've already received one and turned down, or by order date?

Reactions: daveotero
Model 3 LR Delivery

Hey y'all, I placed my order online on 11/18/21, and received my first VIN on 12/19/21, I put my order on hold as I could not take delivery, and jumped back into the queue a few days ago.

My delivery was originally Feb 5 to March 2, and now changed to Feb 7 to Feb 21.

From anyones experience, is this relatively accurate? Does a VIN come sooner once you've already received one and turned down, or by order date?
Yes, it seems to be based mostly on your order date. I would guess you'll be getting in new VIN in the next week or two.

Received VIN (165xxx) for M3 LR Silver on Sunday 1/30/22. Ordered in May 1st of 2020. I delayed delivery on purpose, by the way.

Stopped by local Grand Rapids Michigan store yesterday to make lien payment. Wired remaining balance this morning.

I am told Feb13/14 as possible pick up date by the sales people at the store.

(My latest estimated delivery date was Feb 10- March 9. then it change last week to Feb 13-27, if i recall correctly. Now EDD on the app is Feb 11-17. )
I received a text to schedule pick up date. I had a choice of 2/14-2/16. I took Monday the 16th at 6 PM, latest time slot. In summary, I received VIN on 1/31 and picking it up 2/14. Two weeks to ship and prep for West Michigan.