Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You may recall our OD was one month ago today, and yesterday afternoon we got an email saying “our“ car was ready to be picked up. I put “our” in quotes, since it was one that someone did not or could not take delivery of and we got matched up with it. Ser # 152xxx, so no new chip or battery.

Taking delivery today would have been a bit of a crunch, plus it was cold and drizzly. So we’re scheduled for tomorrow at 4PM. But we did have a chance to stop by this afternoon on the way to a soccer game.

51862539346_d82fa4e1e2_z.jpg

Sure is purty. And the car, too!

While I am impatiently waiting for the VIN I purchased a set of OEM all-weather interior liner. I then found that the "premium interior" that comes with LR already includes floor mats. It is worth it to keep the all-weather mats? Does it offer better protection than the mats come with the car? Thanks!

Also, is there any problem with putting the all-weather mats on top of the included mats?
Those all weather mats are MUCH nicer than the standard carpet floor mats than come in the premium interior.
I haven't tried putting them on top of the existing mats, I just have those sitting in the attic. Only issue I can think of would be the added thickness near the foot pedals... But the included ones are very easy to take out and put back in if you ever have to change them out.

Those all weather mats are MUCH nicer than the standard carpet floor mats than come in the premium interior.
I haven't tried putting them on top of the existing mats, I just have those sitting in the attic. Only issue I can think of would be the added thickness near the foot pedals... But the included ones are very easy to take out and put back in if you ever have to change them out.
Don't put them on the existing ones. You need to take those ones out first.

Time to dip my toe in the water after lurking here for a few weeks. Adding an east coast data point.

M3LR White w/Black Interior, 19” wheels, no FSD
OD: 1/12
EDD: 2/28-3/28

No changes in EDD since ordering. Hoping for some East coast love soon.
I woke up this morning to my first change in EDD. Now looking at 2/19-3/4! First post yesterday, new EDD today. Coincidence? Hmm…