Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Also: It seems weird how few people post in here with blue exterior ordered.
I wonder if it's because people think or know that they take longer to be delivered, or if it's because people who gravitate towards a blue car are more patient than I am?
šŸ˜
Nah, Ordered Blue exterior White interior... SUPER impatient. I am refreshing my account faster than teenage me refreshing Ticketmaster for NSync tickets.

OD - 1/31 EDD 3/9-3/31

My question is does FSD actually impact the Delivery window, since no one has it, do those who ordered it get their car first?!

My mind is starting to cast doubts.

I noticed this last week most VIN's assigned are in the 17XXXX. As mine assigned is 166XXX, I'm beginning to wonder if it is a rejected car and if I am about to travel nearly 3 hours tomorrow to meet disappointment. Fingers crossed that's not the case.šŸ˜µā€šŸ’«
I am wondering the same thing. I was assigned 168XXX and have to travel 2 hrs next late next week to pick up. My SA said my cars birthday was Feb 2. So maybe its not a rejected car. Not sure how long it takes to get the cars from Calf to North Carolina.

Can you share web link for that spreadsheet please? Tny

Reactions: Paul4343
You are not. I'm kind of flabbergasted at reading about so many people rejecting cars.The car I'm replacing is low mileage (83k) for its age, but it's still 19.5 years old. I'm not going to get much for it, but anything that goes wrong is straight-up lost money to fix it.

Flabbergasted isn't a word I use often but it fits....its like everyone doesn't realize that there WILL BE a better chip than Ryzen etc etc etc.
We have a 3 that we got in Sept 21' and if that's the bad chip...LOL I'll take another!

Next thing you know people will be canceling b/c they don't have heated wipers!!!! LOL

Last edited:
Reactions: JRP3 and Crany
Also: It seems weird how few people post in here with blue exterior ordered.
I wonder if it's because people think or know that they take longer to be delivered, or if it's because people who gravitate towards a blue car are more patient than I am?
šŸ˜
Team Blue here as well. OD 10/30/21. Still waiting for VIN. My current EDD is 2/22-3/8. I have seen others who ordered after me with Blue vehicles receive their cars. I havenā€™t seen many deliveries to the Boston area since the beginning of the year.

Nah, Ordered Blue exterior White interior... SUPER impatient. I am refreshing my account faster than teenage me refreshing Ticketmaster for NSync tickets.

OD - 1/31 EDD 3/9-3/31

My question is does FSD actually impact the Delivery window, since no one has it, do those who ordered it get their car first?!

It never seemed to affect anything like that before. It wouldnt make any sense for that to impact delivery, since all cars are delivered with the exact same hardware whether you order FSD or not, and they just "activate" the software portion of the feature with an OTA update.

If this were like traditional manufacturers, if you didnt order FSD there would be an actual hardware difference, so thinking that might impact manufacturing would be on point. In this case, there is no reason it would, and no experience I have seen since 2018 that suggests thats the case.

In fact, people spend a lot of effort trying to figure out when they will get their car, and most of it is pretty fruitless other than "for information purposes only".

Flabbergasted isn't a word I use often but it fits....its like everyone doesn't realize that there WILL BE a better chip than Ryzen etc etc etc.
We have a 3 that we got in Sept 21' and if that's the bad chip...LOL I'll take another!

Next thing you know people will be canceling b/c they don't have heated wipers!!!! LOL
We decided on this forum not to question peoplesā€™ choices or preferences. The updated chip might not matter to you but might matter to others.

You are not. I'm kind of flabbergasted at reading about so many people rejecting cars.The car I'm replacing is low mileage (83k) for its age, but it's still 19.5 years old. I'm not going to get much for it, but anything that goes wrong is straight-up lost money to fix it.
Everybody has different circumstances and different choices. I was able to wait and preferred to get the new chip, i.e. I was not in a hurry. But I understand if someone needs the car ASAP and does not care about the updates. As many times pointed out on this forum, we do not question othersā€™ decisions. Everybody has a unique situation.

How many people did you have to go through? I had to work with 2 people and they couldn't do anything about my delivery... EDD with VIN was 2/20-2/24 returning from vacation 2/26. Wouldnt work with me.
Called them twice. Told them the second time I wanted to speak to my local dealer where I am picking up to see if it can be arranged and the guy told me he would reach out to them for me. Half hour later it was changed in the app for the day I wanted

Reactions: disneygirl420
Team Blue here as well. OD 10/30/21. Still waiting for VIN. My current EDD is 2/22-3/8. I have seen others who ordered after me with Blue vehicles receive their cars. I havenā€™t seen many deliveries to the Boston area since the beginning of the year.

From my last VIN, sounds like the next delivery for the Boston area is 2/19 (from when I needed to reject VIN). I'm sure from there there will be a few people that pass... maybe you'll get lucky on those.

Reactions: Crany