Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
since you ordered recently (2/5) and received a VIN really quickly I am betting you are receiving a rejected car built in December or early January.
That VIN # doesn't indicate a car build in Dec or Early Jan. Thats a new off the line car. MY Performance people have been saying the same thing, that the Intel's are coming back in new production related vehicles. I was hoping they were the outlier, but it seems like its in all the lines now.

Wow now thats a new cocktail for that VIN.

That matches what some where seeing in the model Y performance thread. Thats why I posted what I posted earlier in this thread, which is now several pages ago because of how fast the thread moves:

People may not want to hear this, but in the model Y subforum, I was checking in on the Model Y performance version of this thread (because I have a model YP on order for my wife). Over the last few days, quite a few people reported "current" vins being assigned but those vins having intel vs AMD.

I am NOT (repeat, I am NOT) advocating one way or another that someone should or should not wait for the amd processor, and as I have said before, thats an individual decision.

The only reason I mention it, is that it seemed that we had come to some determination that Model 3 Vins 160XXX+ = AMD, so its possible that people stopped checking into it. You may still need to check with your SA if this is something that is important to you, at least if the chatter in the model Y P waiting room thread is any indication.

That matches what some where seeing in the model Y performance thread. Thats why I posted what I posted earlier in this thread, which is now several pages ago because of how fast the thread moves:
Has anyone actually confirmed a 170+ VIN with an Intel though (for here or model y), or is it just SA's saying that it has Intel. According to my SA, my 176 has both upgrades.

Has anyone actually confirmed a 170+ VIN with an Intel though (for here or model y), or is it just SA's saying that it has Intel. According to my SA, my 176 has both upgrades.

I havent seen anyone reporting an actual delivery with that combo, or the equivalent. Just people reporting "My SA said" like the one earlier in this thread. I also do not go to reddit, etc, but some people are reporting that they see the same from people there.

Reactions: hcdavis3
PSA: Confirm your delivery location!

I sent a text to my SA asking to confirm that (should I ever get a VIN) I will be picking up in Fremont which is right down Mission Blvd from my town and they texted back saying that my pickup location was set to Corte Madera which is not nearly as close! I think they must have changed it when I tried to buy an inventory Model 3 back in December because that's where that car was.

Corte Madera is still in the Bay Area but now I'm wondering if the location mix up might help explain why I didn't get a car a couple of weeks ago in the last big batch of white cars when other people in the area who ordered the exact same build at the same time got theirs! Corte Madera would probably require being transported on a truck and aggregating a bunch of orders to fill the truck (because Tesla would not want to pay for a half-filled truck) and I could see that taking longer. With the Fremont delivery location they can drive the car directly down the street from the factory at any time and they wouldn't need to do anything special to coordinate transportation.

Now that I've fixed that what are the odds I get a VIN tomorrow? :p

Has anyone had their SA be incorrect one way or the other for any of these new updates/features? I don't think I've seen any reports of SAs being wrong when they look up the VIN. Not saying it doesn't happen though. The initial report for these updates said they these changes would all be "phased in" over the course of the first half of 2022.

Reactions: disneygirl420
Has anyone had their SA be incorrect one way or the other for any of these new updates/features? I don't think I've seen any reports of SAs being wrong when they look up the VIN. Not saying it doesn't happen though. The initial report for these updates said they these changes would all be "phased in" over the course of the first half of 2022.

I dont know if anyone has seen their SA be wrong when they go to pick it up, I havent read that here yet. What I can say, pretty definitively however, is that we have seen Tesla Sales Associates (SAs) be wrong on many other things over the years. It certainly would not be "out of the realm of possibility" for some of them to be wrong here as well.

They are likely getting this specific question "does my car have XXX upgrade" 50+ times a day at this point, and just from this thread, it seems that some SAs have access to more information than others. My guess (again this is just a guess) is that some of them are more "senior" and / or either have more access to, or "know where to look" better than others.

TL ; DR -- havent seen anyone say that they went to pick up a car and what the SA told them about the processor chip was incorrect, have seen SAs been spectacularly wrong about other stuff in the past, though.

Model 3 LR / AWD should have both of those things. I havent heard anyone say different for 2022 LR/ AWD model 3s, on those two specific things.
Just an update, with my VIN of 177XXX, the Tesla rep told me that the car was built on 2/10/22 with AMD Ryzen and Li-ion battery.
I was told my Tesla my F177 VIN car has Intel Atom processor and the Li-Ion battery

Reactions: hcdavis3
Interesting indeed, we are back in lottery mode then. I was told that my 170xxx built on Feb 5 has the AMD and the low voltage Li-Ion battery. I will take delivery in two weeks and will double check then
I have a good update! I just called my local showroom and I do indeed have the AMD processor and Li ION battery! The SA I spoke with was very knowledgable and she said whoever responded to my text on the issue was incorrect.

F177 VIN

PSA: Confirm your delivery location!

I sent a text to my SA asking to confirm that (should I ever get a VIN) I will be picking up in Fremont which is right down Mission Blvd from my town and they texted back saying that my pickup location was set to Corte Madera which is not nearly as close! I think they must have changed it when I tried to buy an inventory Model 3 back in December because that's where that car was.

Corte Madera is still in the Bay Area but now I'm wondering if the location mix up might help explain why I didn't get a car a couple of weeks ago in the last big batch of white cars when other people in the area who ordered the exact same build at the same time got theirs! Corte Madera would probably require being transported on a truck and aggregating a bunch of orders to fill the truck (because Tesla would not want to pay for a half-filled truck) and I could see that taking longer. With the Fremont delivery location they can drive the car directly down the street from the factory at any time and they wouldn't need to do anything special to coordinate transportation.

Now that I've fixed that what are the odds I get a VIN tomorrow? :p
I ordered same model as you with an OD of 12/20 and picking up at fremont. NO vin still..

Reactions: CarlThompson