Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey all - been lurking on this thread trying to get info. I appreciate all the posts. Yesterday I went to the service center and got an update from my SA. Figured I’d share it with my PNW folks.
I’m in the Seattle area and ordered January 17 (M3 LR AWD black/black.) I haven’t received a vin and my delivery range is 3/17 to 3/27.
According to the SA my target delivery date is 3/19. If that is this case I should expect a vin and text to schedule delivery in the next few days. So there is hope for folks in the Pacific Northwest.

Hey all - been lurking on this thread trying to get info. I appreciate all the posts. Yesterday I went to the service center and got an update from my SA. Figured I’d share it with my PNW folks.
I’m in the Seattle area and ordered January 17 (M3 LR AWD black/black.) I haven’t received a vin and my delivery range is 3/17 to 3/27.
According to the SA my target delivery date is 3/19. If that is this case I should expect a vin and text to schedule delivery in the next few days. So there is hope for folks in the Pacific Northwest.
Nice to hear! I'm in the Olympia area. Ordered Dec 28th and rep said I should also have a VIN by Tuesday

Reactions: camminich
Nice to hear! I'm in the Olympia area. Ordered Dec 28th and rep said I should also have a VIN by Tuesday
Yes our collective wait should be over soon. It was nice to see several shiny new M3s on the lot. All seemed to be SR+. But I saw several people taking delivery. SA mentioned something like 20 cars per day. It was great to see someone drive off in a shiny new M3. 😊

Reactions: Jeff Davlt
Thanks for sharing! I’ve been thinking about calling, but this will tide me over for now. Just have to get through this week...

Reactions: Jeff Davlt
Interesting they could provide this information in person but will not share over text or phone. Nonetheless, thank you for the intel. I ordered on 2/21 MSM LR AWR 18” with black interior. My delivery timeline shifted this morning to 3/17 - 3/29. Hopefully timing comes through like you said.

Reactions: DoctorNomNom
Interesting they could provide this information in person but will not share over text or phone. Nonetheless, thank you for the intel. I ordered on 2/21 MSM LR AWR 18” with black interior. My delivery timeline shifted this morning to 3/17 - 3/29. Hopefully timing comes through like you said.
Yeah this entire estimated time frame thing is interesting for sure. By the way my SA said they are not suppose to share this target delivery date. Technically he didn’t actually tell me lol. He pushed his laptop over a little and showed me the screen.
Also for what’s it’s worth they were busy. I was there about 30 minutes before I spoke with SA. He helped two other customers before me. It’s quarter end so lots going on. Then he said next month (April) the new Model S will start to arrive and then May new Model X and then of course June is quarter end again. They may be slow to respond to texts or want to get you off the phone quickly but they are working hard

Yeah this entire estimated time frame thing is interesting for sure. By the way my SA said they are not suppose to share this target delivery date. Technically he didn’t actually tell me lol. He pushed his laptop over a little and showed me the screen.
Also for what’s it’s worth they were busy. I was there about 30 minutes before I spoke with SA. He helped two other customers before me. It’s quarter end so lots going on. Then he said next month (April) the new Model S will start to arrive and then May new Model X and then of course June is quarter end again. They may be slow to respond to texts or want to get you off the phone quickly but they are working hard
That’s very interesting about not sharing target delivery dates. Whenever I check in with my SA to ask if they have any updates on a gate date or vin he just tells me a delivery text message will come eventually :p

I GOT MY VIN!!! LETS FREAKING GOOOOO!!!

Order date: 1/22
Initial estimate: March 06 - March 31
Changed to: 6-10 weeks after order
Changed to: March 08 - March 28
Changed to: 6-10 weeks after order...
Changed to: March 02 - March 16
Changed to: 6-10 weeks after order..
Changed to: March 04 - March 24
Changed to: March 05 - March 23
Changed to: March 05 - March 24
Changed to: March 06 - March 24
Changed to: March 08 - March 20
Changed to: March 09 - March 21
Changed to: March 10 - March 21
Changed to: March 11 - March 21
Changed to: March 12 - March 20
Changed to: March 12 - March 28
Changed to: 6-10 weeks after order ..
Changed to: March 15 - March 26
Changed to: March 16 - March 26
VIN Received, estimated date: March 14 - March 17

924,XXX VIN number, basic White LR build.

Last edited:

924,XXX Vin
I’m happy for you! Cant wait for the rest of SoCal ppl

Rejoice!!!!

Congrats Supatony!!!

Finally!! Congratulations to you!! 🙏🏽

Nice to see the 3/31 shift to 3/29. Mine sitting on 3/17 to 3/26 makes me more confident with the 5 day avg from VIN to Delivery here that we will see VIN's this week.

Hey - question for others - I've seen differing opinions on waiting vs immediately doing PPF and/or Ceramic because the paint may not be fully cured from factory. Thoughts? I'm prioritizing Tint as the thing I want done asap but would like to know thoughts on paint protection. Even just wax or DIY.