Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is going to be the best car I’ve ever had, but man this waiting game is the worst. Such a horrible feeling to refresh that page everyday as soon as I wake up. And why are we Californians last??? We are so close to Freemont 😪
I feel ya. I work there, live 5 mins from work and it's looking I'll get my VIN probably 1 day before EOQ.

Alrighty guys, officially picked up my car today so gotta say goodbye to this thread. It's been real haha.

Uneventful pickup, for the most part, picked up at the factory and didn't talk to anyone.

There is one area of missing/bent in weatherstripping on the back window, two small scratches on the body, one nick near the rear view window trim and a nick on the wood dash. Also a bit of leftover polish in the headlight crease. Submitting the more obvious ones for mobile service and leaving the rest as they are very minor. Other than that it was pretty much perfect.

Going to take a deeper look tomorrow but overall very happy and it was a BLAST to drive home. We took the (very) long way. It started raining pretty hard when we were almost home and the car handled great. Having another AWD car is very welcome (My last car was an RWD V8 and rain would scare me sometimes).

Good luck to everyone! They seem to be pumping out cars (saw a lot getting on trucks in the logistics area) so I am confident you will all be getting yours soon!

Hey - question for others - I've seen differing opinions on waiting vs immediately doing PPF and/or Ceramic because the paint may not be fully cured from factory. Thoughts? I'm prioritizing Tint as the thing I want done asap but would like to know thoughts on paint protection. Even just wax or DIY.
We are also planning to drop our car off at PPF/Ceramic detailing shop immediately after delivery, assuming quality is ok. I asked our detailing guy this very question, and he said he does this pretty regularly with no issues.

Our car is probably just sitting in the Fremont lot right now curing while waiting for a truck to deliver to Sacramento after the more eastern deliveries are taken care of. I also expect we’ll get our VIN this week with delivery next week to close the quarter.

We’re planning to PPF the entire front end, mirrors, rocker panels, then ceramic coat over everything, including the glass/lights/plastic/wheels. Quote is $3900 + $700 for the interior seats and floor mats.

Reactions: SeaM3White2021