Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The spreadsheet is a mess for me and I get tons of errors and the rates don’t seem correct so I didn’t really dig through it.

Nothing unique about DCU for me other than it seemed popular with the Tesla crown and plenty of people posted their experiences with them so makes me more comfortable knowing they have the process down with Teslas.

Don’t recall seeing any reviews or experiences about Carolina Co-op FCU but 1.99% for 84 months is very good. Looking at it now it looks like they might require an annual $20 membership to the consumer council to maintain eligibility and does some things via snail mail. Their website definitely feels very 2000’s and not as polished, but that’s just me.

DCU was all online so far and I believe only a one time $10 donation required.
Yeah, the Carolina Co-op FCU site is absolutely not fancy. And that's part of the reason I posted asking about different places.

The spreadsheet is a mess for me and I get tons of errors and the rates don’t seem correct so I didn’t really dig through it.

Nothing unique about DCU for me other than it seemed popular with the Tesla crowd and plenty of people posted their experiences with them so makes me more comfortable knowing they have the process down with Teslas.

Don’t recall seeing any reviews or experiences about Carolina Co-op FCU but 1.99% for 84 months is very good. Looking at it now it looks like they might require an annual $20 membership to the consumer council to maintain eligibility and does some things via snail mail. Their website definitely feels very 2000’s and not as polished, but that’s just me.

What does Carolina Co require via snail mail? A few hoops to jump through it seems with joining the NCCC but I must be overlooking the snail mail mention.

Nothing unique about DCU for me other than it seemed popular with the Tesla crowd and plenty of people posted their experiences with them so makes me more comfortable knowing they have the process down with Teslas.

I read it as a one time membership/fee. did I read that wrong?

For those that have been around longer than I, if we don’t get a VIN in the next couple of weeks would it be safe to assume we won’t get our cars this quarter?
I don't think that's the case. From my understanding, VIN assignment and delivery ramps up as the quarter goes on. So we will probably see even more VINs and deliveries in June, especially for those closer to the factory because they can delivery those cars quickly for the end of quarter push

Reactions: phishphan

Did you confirm that it actually is 1.99% for 84 month term? Like with DCU it is that rate for up to 65 months but it goes up if the term is longer.

If so, how easy is it to become a member?

I was just going by the comments on the spread sheet. Someone said they had to mail the application?
I think you have the option of mailing the app in but otherwise, it is handled online. Here is how it reads on the application: "To fill out a PDF version of the Loan Application and email please click here: Loan Application Please email application and any additional information (paystub) to: [email protected]"

Reactions: E90alex
Any central Canadians getting vins?
Nothing for me yet. Edmonton with an OD of 2/5. EDD is may 3-31 as of right now. Not sure if Edmonton counts as central. Crossing fingers for a VIN as my finance window at RBC closes in 2 weeks and then I’m probably subject to an extra %. Sitting at 3.65 currently. Any suggestions for Edmonton finance that shaves a couple interest points for EV?

Did you confirm that it actually is 1.99% for 84 month term? Like with DCU it is that rate for up to 65 months but it goes up if the term is longer.

All of the terms appear clear and it is 1.99% for 84 months. I joined the North Carolina Consumers Council for $20 and that only took a minute and then you can go back and join the credit union, I'll do that now.

Reactions: kk89

Not sure. Was just going by the spreadsheet and people said they got 1.99% for 84 months.

I’m sticking with DCU myself since I’ve already opened an account with them in preparation of applying for the loan as soon as I get my VIN.

I don't think that's the case. From my understanding, VIN assignment and delivery ramps up as the quarter goes on. So we will probably see even more VINs and deliveries in June, especially for those closer to the factory because they can delivery those cars quickly for the end of quarter push
Also people deny their cars at the time of delivery (we did) as well as a slew of other reasons people have to give up their VIN like financing falls through, divorce, job loss or simply a change of mind. Those VIN numbers get assigned to other people waiting which was also the case for us as I've learned from being in these forums. If you notice in my sig that we got our VIN less than a month after ordering and we're faaaar away from Giga Fremont. So someone probably denied the car for the body damage that we then had to deal with which then led my wife refusing it as well.

My son had ordered the same exact car a week after us and although I figured the VIN would go to the next person who had waited the longest even if that meant the store had to ship the car to another city or state. But, the SA at the store said my son could take the VIN that day if he wanted to which he did. I was happy for him but thought that was kinda messed up for people who had been waiting weeks or months but, maybe Tesla just figures it's cheaper to release it to someone locally than having to roll it on to yet another truck.

All of the terms appear clear and it is 1.99% for 84 months. I joined the North Carolina Consumers Council for $20 and that only took a minute and then you can go back and join the credit union, I'll do that now.
awesome! I may do the same
Not sure. Was just going by the spreadsheet and people said they got 1.99% for 84 months.

I’m sticking with DCU myself since I’ve already opened an account with them in preparation of applying for the loan as soon as I get my VIN.
Good to know--thanks!

Where do you see this? It shows 2.39% on the low end on the website
It was 2.29% last week when I relocked 90 day approval. With inflation on the rise, we will see increased interest rates across the board.

Attachments

• FEDC0685-8CE9-420E-AFBA-BA488AD8E3D8.jpeg
    FEDC0685-8CE9-420E-AFBA-BA488AD8E3D8.jpeg
    92.8 KB · Views: 95
Reactions: kk89