Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Also got moved up to 4/28 - 5/8. Very encouraging for us near the factory! I need to redo my credit application though since it’s been over 60 days apparently fly.
Ok, I texted my SA with a message saying that I was excited with moving up and that I successfully reapplied for financing and they responded that I have been assigned a VIN in the app! Getting insurance quotes now…

Just received my 14-50 adapter from Tesla.
Just waiting for my car now 😀
I just installed this bad boy today. Still no car but I’m all set!

Attachments

• 76C6D3E2-421B-4BE7-A185-714208198869.jpeg
    76C6D3E2-421B-4BE7-A185-714208198869.jpeg
    397.7 KB · Views: 105
Seems to be the best interest rates around. Didn’t know about DCU until these forums and Reddit.
Just by looking at the Tesla loan spreadsheet linked in the forums there’s definitely other options that seem just as good. I was looking at Carolina Cooperative FCU and they have up to 84 months at 1.99% — just trying to understand whether there’s something unique about DCU.

Model 3 Long Range/black paint/black interior/aero wheels/no FSD
Order Location: Southeastern United States
VIN Status: not assigned
Order Date: February 26, 2022
EDD 1: May (original EDD on order date)
EDD 2: March 18 - March 31 (updated on February 28)
EDD 3: May 19 - June 16 (updated on March 8)
EDD 4: March 29 - March 31 (updated March 13)
EDD 5: May 11 to June 15 (updated March 18)
EDD 6: April 28 - May 12 (updated April 10)
EDD 7: May 20 - June 17 (updated April 15)
EDD 8: June 1 to July 6 (updated April 20)
EDD 9: May 18 to June 1 (updated April 26)
I ordered on Feb 27 and have only received one EDD change, after I switched from black to white/black interior. Do you know why so may EDD’s? I thought black on black was the most produced and had the quickest delivery time frame. I’m in Orlando and hope to have a shortened EDD window by next week. Looks like your already there. The VIN should be right around the corner🤞.

Just by looking at the Tesla loan spreadsheet linked in the forums there’s definitely other options that seem just as good. I was looking at Carolina Cooperative FCU and they have up to 84 months at 1.99% — just trying to understand whether there’s something unique about DCU.
I saw that also, to me they seemed like the no-brainer to try to get the loan through. Doesn't sound like you need to be local, its a super low one time membership fee, then they approve/deny you right there.

Am I missing something with them that isnt conveyed on the website?

Shoot if I can get the loan for 84 months at 1.99% sign me up for that and I will pay more when I can and pay this off faster.

Seems like everywhere else is 2.25% and up lately.

I saw that also, to me they seemed like the no-brainer to try to get the loan through. Doesn't sound like you need to be local, its a super low one time membership fee, then they approve/deny you right there.

Am I missing something with them that isnt conveyed on the website?

Shoot if I can get the loan for 84 months at 1.99% sign me up for that and I will pay more when I can and pay this off faster.

Seems like everywhere else is 2.25% and up lately.
That was my thought. I think at one point DCU's rates were pretty low with the EV discount they gave but these days it looks like with the discount they're at 2%. Which is great! But to be able to get the same rate with the option of a longer term seemed like a good thing.

Some Credit Unions are easier to join than others. Some others are restrictive. DCU is a pretty large one that has been around for awhile that is easy to join.

Some Credit Unions are easier to join than others. Some others are restrictive. DCU is a pretty large one that has been around for awhile that is easy to join.
Sure, but there's a column on the Tesla loan spreadsheet called "Join rules" and everything is either Restrictive or Open. The one I'm referring to is listed as "Open" and if you view the requirements it's pretty darn simple to sign up. Anyone can join.

Sure, but there's a column on the Tesla loan spreadsheet called "Join rules" and everything is either Restrictive or Open. The one I'm referring to is listed as "Open" and if you view the requirements it's pretty darn simple to sign up. Anyone can join.
Well, they were popular way before the Tesla loan spreadsheet. People share what they know and are comfortable with. With some credit unions, their technology is behind and their underwriting processes can drag their feet. I can't speak to all of them, neither can the spreadsheet. I only can speak to what I know.

How quickly does the vin typically come after getting your two week window? My 2 week arrived this morning. Checked source, no vin yet.

OD: 3/12 M3LR, black, white, aero, FSD, Reno, Nevada

OG EDD: 4/30-5/28
EDD #2: 4/27-5/25
Two week window: 5/7-5/21
I got mine two days before the start of my two-week window.
So are people getting the mobile chargers still before the change was made?
Yes. If you ordered before April 17, you're all set.

It's helpful if you modify your forum signature to show the details of your order.

Reactions: Junior86
The spreadsheet is a mess for me and I get tons of errors and the rates don’t seem correct so I didn’t really dig through it.

Nothing unique about DCU for me other than it seemed popular with the Tesla crowd and plenty of people posted their experiences with them so makes me more comfortable knowing they have the process down with Teslas.

Don’t recall seeing any reviews or experiences about Carolina Co-op FCU but 1.99% for 84 months is very good. Looking at it now it looks like they might require an annual $20 membership to the consumer council to maintain eligibility and does some things via snail mail. Their website definitely feels very 2000’s and not as polished, but that’s just me.

DCU was all online so far and I believe only a one time $10 donation required.

Last edited:
You can't change the dates? I say that as a joke because I own a travel agency and people will tell you that they want to cruise exact dates as if you pick when they leave and return. It is possible to leave at one port and rejoin them later but it's a huge hassle and of course costly if you were trying to fly in to get your car and then back.
Yeah too many other things to be able to change it. We leave Thursday and wife's vacation is already in and too late to be given back (has patients that would have to get rescheduled again), and we are traveling with another couple so not as simple as just changing which cruise we want