Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeee! Congrats! Yay area folks getting vins is a great sign for us Sacramento folks! We had almost the same EDD so hopefully it's enroute!
Been off the site for a few days and had 31 pages to refresh. To me it looks like the Calif has seen the least movement for sure. I have not seen a Sacramento delivery for awhile. The last time I sent my SA a text he replied and said that they were expecting one car end of June and several more in Sept. I find that hard to imagine the service center is only getting one car from now until Sept when all these other centers have lots overflowing with cars. Hoping to get a delivery in may or middle of June during my two planned trip out of state. Sucks that rates have gone up since my OD of 3/12. I have only had one change to my EDD since ordering. Super frustrating!!!!!

Nice! thanks for the update. Did you wait until you got your vin to start everything? I have a EDD of 6/6-7/4 but have a weird feeling its going to be sooner than that for some reason. So I don't want to be stuck not being prepped for financing :)
Yes, I did wait until I got a vin to start the process, as rates could fluctuate until the bank locks it down with a vin + purchase agreement, so I didn't want to take a risk being stuck with a bank that raise their rate if my EDD got pushed back.

I suggest you narrow down your list of lenders to just a handful, periodically check their rates, ask them how long it takes to fund a loan, and be ready to pull the trigger once you get your vin!

I am lucky I have about 15+ days between vin assignment and delivery, but from what I'm seeing here, many people only had a few days to prep for delivery. Lenders are slower than usual in processing loans due to being backed up with the constantly rising rates. My CU, for example, said it used to take a couple days to fund a loan and nowadays it is taking 3-5 days.

Recent interview with Elon:

Now demand is exceeding production to a ridiculous degree. We are actually probably going to limit or just stop taking orders for anything beyond a certain period of time because some of the timing is like a year away.

If done, this will increase the value of every Tesla and every order for a Tesla.

I assume this is a result of not want to fix the price of a vehicle for a year or more while operating in an inflationary environment. I wonder how they would restart ordering without having a mess on their hands.

Stopped by the delivery center this morning. 14 M3s (2 Performance, 12 LR) with VINs in the 238-241 range. None of them had aeros on and all were marked with "charging port" on the front glass. I'm wondering if the charging port issue has been resolved on the cars leaving the factory by now and its maybe a good thing that I didn't see my car in the group. My four day EDD starts in four days.

Sidenote: Kinda regretting getting the 18" wheels. The wheels on the Performance are hella nice.

I like how everyone posts their order and delivery information here since it gives me a better idea of how the process works. So here's my info! I hope I did it right this time. The last one I posted I accidentally put in the MY forum and it got deleted and I really don't want to type this up a third time 🥺
Nobody will ever understand how the order and delivery timing process works... My circumstances are unexplainable (see signature) and I guess rare. I've seen people with december and january order dates still without a VIN and here I am picking up my car in 2 days with a 4/16 order date..... Tesla's algorithm/process is completely random lol

I received my VIN yesterday! 247397

Quick question for the forum....

We were looking at trading in my wife's BMW, but she loves it so much she want's to keep it, so now I'm thinking of trading my truck. Carmax offered 4k over what I paid for it a year ago (2021 Ford Ranger). If I call an SA and ask to add a trade-in to my order, will that cause my VIN to get jerked?

Currently, delivery is showing May 21-24th.
Probably wont mess with your delivery since your car was made about 1-2 weeks ago and is likely either in transit or already at the service center. However, watching others on here have to deal with tesla in cases like this there is a risk. Seems like the less tesla is involved the faster you get your car.

Reactions: Gutta420