Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So this happened quick.

3rd EDD (update May 11 or 12) - May 15 - 24
4th EDD (update May 13) - May 16 - 19 with VIN! 255nnn
Scheduled pickup, May 18th.

Big happy face.
Way late I know.

We arrived 45 minutes early. The person got our name, pulled out a file, said ”Oh, this is easy, you have already paid.” Had us sign 4 or so documents, grabbed the key cards, and took us to our car.

We spent about 25 minutes going over the car. The person was available for questions. Once we were satisfied, we accepted delivery on the app. The person helped us get our phones linked as keys and off we went.

It has the matrix headlights and the mobile charger.

We are asking ourselves why we did not order one sooner!

Off topic, I was surprised how much the superchargers cost. Our plans were to charge at the grocery store we shop at as it has 12 Tesla stalls. It costs $0.30 per kWh! Our home rate is just over $0.10 per kWh. Now I need to find an electrician to install a wall charger.

Stopped by SC in Richmond VA Truckload of new cars just arrived and several M3LR All with matrix headlights and VIN range of 23xxxx
55FC6CAF-24C9-4EBD-9845-DE1A669C1D34.jpeg

As predicted, EDD 12 came today. I have so many EDD's, that I have to keep finding creative ways to update my signature due to the signature length restriction.
Anyway....current EDD is May 31 - June 13. If I don't get a VIN today or tomorrow, I'm guessing I'll make it to June 1, and then EDD #13 will come along.

Just filled up the ICE car again yesterday. Keep thinking "this is the last time...".

As predicted, EDD 12 came today. I have so many EDD's, that I have to keep finding creative ways to update my signature due to the signature length restriction.
Anyway....current EDD is May 31 - June 13. If I don't get a VIN today or tomorrow, I'm guessing I'll make it to June 1, and then EDD #13 will come along.

Just filled up the ICE car again yesterday. Keep thinking "this is the last time...".
Unreal !! Hoping your Vin comes the next couples days.. !!!!!!!!!!

Off topic, I was surprised how much the superchargers cost. Our plans were to charge at the grocery store we shop at as it has 12 Tesla stalls. It costs $0.30 per kWh! Our home rate is just over $0.10 per kWh. Now I need to find an electrician to install a wall charger.
Yeah, one of the beautiful things about home charging is that the power companies can't yet target electric vehicles to raise rates. At home, electricity is electricity - for now.

In California, Tesla's Superchargers cost $0.58/kWh during peak hours. If we equate a 300 Wh/mi Model 3 to a 30 mpg sedan (based on vehicle price point, not drive chain efficiency), that Supercharger rate is roughly equivalent to $5.22/gallon of gas. Tesla is either trying to make a bucket of money or discourage people from using Superchargers daily. I can't imagine daily Supercharger use scaling up well in a large metropolitan area, so I'm assuming it's mostly the latter; they want people to sting from using Superchargers for anything other than occasional use.

In this math, your Superchargers equate to $2.70/gallon, and home charging equates to $0.90/gallon.
As predicted, EDD 12 came today
I don't react to your posts anymore because none of my reactions fall under the available choices. Where's my "Oh good grief Tesla, let's go" reaction? Or the "Hang in there TJ, it's coming" reaction?

Yeah, one of the beautiful things about home charging is that the power companies can't yet target electric vehicles to raise rates. At home, electricity is electricity - for now.

In California, Tesla's Superchargers cost $0.58/kWh during peak hours. If we equate a 300 Wh/mi Model 3 to a 30 mpg sedan (based on vehicle price point, not drive chain efficiency), that Supercharger rate is roughly equivalent to $5.22/gallon of gas. Tesla is either trying to make a bucket of money or discourage people from using Superchargers daily. I can't imagine daily Supercharger use scaling up well in a large metropolitan area, so I'm assuming it's mostly the latter; they want people to sting from using Superchargers for anything other than occasional use.

In this math, your Superchargers equate to $2.70/gallon, and home charging equates to $0.90/gallon.

I don't react to your posts anymore because none of my reactions fall under the available choices. Where's my "Oh good grief Tesla, let's go" reaction? Or the "Hang in there TJ, it's coming" reaction?
I like your analysis. Looking at the equation another way, a Model 3 consumes about 1 kwh per 4 miles, so at 60 cents per kwh, the cost of driving a mile is 15 cents. For a 30 mpg car, this is the equivalent of $4.5 per gallon.

Or if we take the current gas price of $6 per gallon, a Model 3 has the mpg equivalent of 40 mpg. If we constantly use Superchargers, we really don’t save much on fuel cost.

Now home charging on the other hand completely shifts the equation…

Last edited:
Finally, after 105 days, delivery day, all went smoothly, got matrix light , Michelin tires, and mobile charge. Thanks everyone for keeping me on my feet. 247xxx
Trying to add pic but can’t find attached
Got to log in , duh omg I’m losing it.

Attachments

• 44301106-C43F-4F86-8DA6-75AC06E2328D.jpeg
    44301106-C43F-4F86-8DA6-75AC06E2328D.jpeg
    535.6 KB · Views: 56
  • AB941C11-8A0A-480B-82D5-7014823F4A12.jpeg
    AB941C11-8A0A-480B-82D5-7014823F4A12.jpeg
    333.1 KB · Views: 60
  • 38D9CE2D-6E0A-4660-94FC-7D133B2371A3.jpeg
    38D9CE2D-6E0A-4660-94FC-7D133B2371A3.jpeg
    281.5 KB · Views: 59