Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Delivery appt set - 6/18 at 12 noon. First available appt was on 6/16 but someone else must have snagged it as I was clicking the button. Anyone else in NC getting their cars this week?
I had the first option on 6/16 but took 12:30 in Charlotte since I have a three-hour drive. I'm glad to be swamped with work and selling my house so it keeps my mind off of it a little. I already have my day planned after picking it up. I'm headed to Columbia, SC to a favorite place to eat and then to Florence, SC to the new Buc-ee's to check it out and probably use their supercharger. And then home in Myrtle.

😬😬

I have a Lynnwood pickup too but with white exterior. Guess I will know tomorrow since the first day of my EDD is today.

I wouldn't give up on getting it this month. Yes, it looks like the system is saying they can't get you in this quarter but it could very easily change to an earlier date. If you were on the east coast it would look really bad.

Not sure if these EDD estimates are based on a computer optimization program, with real humans lending a helping hand, or?? But it seems too coincidental that my texts to the SA seems to have solved the 3-week push out of the EDD by almost 4 weeks that I received yesterday. Now it's back to a smiley face range :). Good thing I checked, since I thought I was picking up in Lynnwood (we are 100 miles N of Seattle), but I discovered my SA is in Seattle, and was very responsive to my texts.

M3LR | MSM | Black | Aero | No FSD | Cash | San Juan County, WA
OD: 03/14/2022
EDD1: 6/7-7/12, EDD2: 6/5-7/3, EDD3: 6/9-6/23, EDD4: 6/10-6/24: EDD5 (6/11): 7/4-8/1, EDD6 (6/12): 6/15-25

Daily Countdown Update: Now 48 hours (seems shorter to use hours instead of days 😝). Keeping optimistic for an early delivery and hope no delays. It’s nice to see the flood of people getting their car and only reporting no or minor issues. Looks like Tesla is ramping up production but keeping an eye on quality control. Though I don’t want to leave out the personnel at the SC as they could be busting their butts to make them perfect.
I’ll see in two days 🤞.

You can upload a current policy that does not mention the Tesla but once you get the ‘Select Pickup appointment’ text, the card needs to show the Tesla with at least 60 days of coverage left on the policy. I use Geico and they provided a card showing my Tesla with an effective date of June 7 but I won’t pay on the policy until I receive the car. This way Tesla is happy and I’m not out money insuring a car I don’t have. I will make sure my policy is in effect the day I pick up my M3.
Thanks. I finally just asked the SA what I should do via text. I can't get a policy with the Tesla VIN without adding it, but seems silly to insure a car I don't own. It also wants all the lien holder info, which I can only guess it. Maybe that'll get the ball rolling to schedule delivery since my window starts on Tuesday.

Reactions: Hiline
I had the first option on 6/16 but took 12:30 in Charlotte since I have a three-hour drive. I'm glad to be swamped with work and selling my house so it keeps my mind off of it a little. I already have my day planned after picking it up. I'm headed to Columbia, SC to a favorite place to eat and then to Florence, SC to the new Buc-ee's to check it out and probably use their supercharger. And then home in Myrtle.
New car and new house both at once? Sounds like an exciting summer ahead!

Thanks. I finally just asked the SA what I should do via text. I can't get a policy with the Tesla VIN without adding it, but seems silly to insure a car I don't own. It also wants all the lien holder info, which I can only guess it. Maybe that'll get the ball rolling to schedule delivery since my window starts on Tuesday.
SA said I can just wait until I have a delivery scheduled. Kind of knew that would be the answer but at least I know for sure. Waiting is not something I'm good at.

Interesting issue. Need advice from people who have driven Teslas, and perhaps those a little older.
I have delivery arranged for this Tuesday. Dropped in to the sales centre today and, for the first time, sat in a model 3. Now, I normally wear reading glasses when on a computer but I can't wear reading glasses to drive a car. It did not occur to me that I will be driving a computer, rather than a car. Anyone else have to deal with this? Looking for strategies. Thanks in advance.
I found bifocal type reading glasses. Work great for me. Can see screen fine

They really do have an odd progression. It's far out, back in and then far out again. Eventually the car will come at a completely unexpected time. lol

It has been really weird. After I ordered I was perplexed as to why I was so far out compared to other people ordering at the same time. I’m just waiting for it to go back to Oct-November 😂

It has been really weird. After I ordered I was perplexed as to why I was so far out compared to other people ordering at the same time. I’m just waiting for it to go back to Oct-November 😂
From what seems to happen this month being end of quarter tesla focuses heavily on local delivery. Like really local like home delivery local. He may have missed the cusp for June shipping. Then July is kinda a crap shoot as they gear up for east coast again. So likely end of July into August which is what his edd is showing. But who knows they may call you today lol

Just like the rest of the Seattle Crew (@E90alex / @QueenSundodger / @CEEV / @SailDrive / @Pryze) I got the 3 week push back today and I wanna cry 😭 I’m not cut out for this kinda stuff. New EDD July 4th - August 1st. Was really hoping to have this car before the end of the month as I have trips coming up and I would rather not pay for gas on these trips.

Just like the rest of the Seattle Crew (@E90alex / @QueenSundodger / @CEEV / @SailDrive / @Pryze) I got the 3 week push back today and I wanna cry 😭 I’m not cut out for this kinda stuff. New EDD July 4th - August 1st. Was really hoping to have this car before the end of the month as I have trips coming up and I would rather not pay for gas on these trips.
Don't worry too much today. Mine snapped back after one day for an effective one day slip. That hiccup was just long enough for me to feel how much I want this car and be rid of gassing up. That said, I just knocked on wood that other EDD hiccups are not lurking ahead.

EDD1: 6/7-7/12, EDD2: 6/5-7/3, EDD3: 6/9-6/23, EDD4: 6/10-6/24: EDD5 (6/11): 7/4-8/1, EDD6 (6/12): 6/15-25

Is it Affinity or Affinity Federal?

What a strange EDD progression you have.
Affinity Federal Credit Union

FlyerDan here on the forums turned me onto them. Cheapest rates I have found so far. Still waiting for my loan to process. Hopefully it will be this week.

Don't worry too much today. Mine snapped back after one day for an effective one day slip. That hiccup was just long enough for me to feel how much I want this car and be rid of gassing up. That said, I just knocked on wood that other EDD hiccups are not lurking ahead.

Fingers crossed 🤞🏽 My car I’m selling when the tesla arrives was in the shop for the last week getting a couple things fixed and I borrowed my friends Jeep and ooo wee! I’m sooooo done with gas now 😂 That thing was a gas hog.

I just want to confirm something ( I know this can change)
when you first order you get a 6 week then 5 week then 4 week then 2 week edd then usually within a 2 week edd you get the vin or a push then it tightens to a few days. Is that the usual pattern or have people gotten a VIN outside a 2 week window