Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Morning, so my delivery window is currently slated during a two week window where we will be out of the country. The build has been confirmed with matrix headlights, is the headlight shortage a thing of the past? I am concerned that if I have to pass on this vehicle that I may be assigned a vin without the matrix lights. Is there any way I can delay my delivery by approx a week to keep the current vehicle? I was told that I could have the vehicle dropped at my house if I was paying cash or by using Tesla proffered financing but we are going third party for a better rate. Thanks in advance

Hey guys,

I am scheduled for delivery next week (June 25th!). I just started getting quotes for a Wall Connecter installation. I’m, a little concerned because the electrician’s first question was “Is this for a Tesla?” When I asked why that mattered he said it was because the connection is different :/ I’m obliviously not an expert but I feel like he is trying to charge more simply because he thinks I’m a Tesla owner (I didn’t say it was for a Tesla.) Does anyone else have any experience with this? Is the connection different for a Wall Connector different?

FYI: I specifically asked for a 60 amp breaker and EV charger installation with about 6in-1ft of wiring. Its going to literally be installed next to the breaker box on the external wall.
I also called around and they asked the same question and then proceeded with quotes over 1000 dollars or more. My run was about 20 feet or so but I ended up doing it my self after watching a million videos and it works perfect !!! EVE gets charged every night with zero issues. !!!

Last edited:
LAPFCU: Los Angeles Police Federal Credit Union | LAPFCU. I work in law enforcment. Someone in my department financed their spouse's Tesla there and got an even cheaper rate a month ago. I don't work for LAPD, but if you have any family member in law enforcement or if you work in law enforcement you can qualify through them. It was quick and I was approved immediately after submitting my loan appliction online today. The rate is good for 60 days and the person dealing with my loan has financed a lot of Teslas recently, so she told me what to expect today. I got approved through my city credit union last time and it was good for only 30 days. Their current rates are 2.49 for 36 months and 3.00 for 60 months. I am glad my co-worker told me about LAPFCU.
I'm tempted to join since I would qualify. I got locked in 2.34 for 72 months at one of my credit unions which is actually better than the current rate LAPFCU has at 2.74 . I don't want to do 60 months even at the 1.99. Might still join though to see what other benefits they might have.

Reactions: Acocpuff
So I am on day 79 for my M3 and from the EDD I have currently I will get my car somewhere between 130-140 days from OD and I’m in socal so if I miss the quarter push most likely won’t get my car until end of July or August. 🤷‍♂️
I am on day 83, easily looking at 100+ days before delivery. With the order surge in March/April, this will be the norm. We won't see many deliveries prior to 100 days, unless you live in Ohio.

Morning, so my delivery window is currently slated during a two week window where we will be out of the country. The build has been confirmed with matrix headlights, is the headlight shortage a thing of the past? I am concerned that if I have to pass on this vehicle that I may be assigned a vin without the matrix lights. Is there any way I can delay my delivery by approx a week to keep the current vehicle? I was told that I could have the vehicle dropped at my house if I was paying cash or by using Tesla proffered financing but we are going third party for a better rate. Thanks in advance
I did home delivery. There’s absolutely no reason you need to use Tesla financing to enable this option. You just ask your credit union to pay Tesla before delivery and they’ll drop your car right off. You can access the car via the Tesla app once you return from the trip.

I am on day 83, easily looking at 100+ days before delivery. With the order surge in March/April, this will be the norm. We won't see many deliveries prior to 100 days, unless you live in Ohio.
You don’t actually need to live in Ohio. You could set delivery location to Ohio, pick up from there, and road trip back to Indiana. Some people do “go the extra mile” to get their car sooner ;)

• Funny
Reactions: dgoodlan
I am 5'11, pretty tall for a female. I will reach out now that I have the text and try to get a test drive. I am curious about the braking. I hear everyone talk about it takes getting use to. I drive bumper to bumper SoCal traffic and need to brake all the time. :)
I'm 6'3" and have several inches above my head in the car. I also have plenty of leg room, but nobody is sitting behind me if I'm going to drive with the seat in my preferred position. Getting in/out of the car is slightly awkward, as the seats are low to the ground (for us taller people).
As far as one pedal driving, it's the best. You get really good at judging distances and when you need to start releasing the accelerator.
As mentioned in another post, Autopilot is a dream in traffic. Makes commuting so much less stressful. I just wiggle the steering wheel every now and then.

I'm 6'3" and have several inches above my head in the car. I also have plenty of leg room, but nobody is sitting behind me if I'm going to drive with the seat in my preferred position. Getting in/out of the car is slightly awkward, as the seats are low to the ground (for us taller people).
As far as one pedal driving, it's the best. You get really good at judging distances and when you need to start releasing the accelerator.
As mentioned in another post, Autopilot is a dream in traffic. Makes commuting so much less stressful. I just wiggle the steering wheel every now and then.
I think one-pedal driving is the way it should’ve been from the start. Braking should really start the moment you take your foot off the gas. I was afraid regen braking would take some getting used to as I took my test drive before delivery, but it just felt so natural once I started using my car for my commute.

So I am on day 79 for my M3 and from the EDD I have currently I will get my car somewhere between 130-140 days from OD and I’m in socal so if I miss the quarter push most likely won’t get my car until end of July or August. 🤷‍♂️
I'm in the same boat with OD of 03/24. But it might be a good thing. :) With greater push to get the cars out at the end of the quarter, one may see more defects (e.g., panel gaps, paint chips etc.). Or maybe I'm just convincing myself of this due to impending lack of delivery this quarter. 😂🤣

I did home delivery. There’s absolutely no reason you need to use Tesla financing to enable this option. You just ask your credit union to pay Tesla before delivery and they’ll drop your car right off. You can access the car via the Tesla app once you return from the trip.
I was hoping this would be the case appreciate the feedback.

It seems you ask three different Tesla reps the same question and you will get three different answers

Thought I would provide an update on my situation as I had put my order on hold which expired yesterday, 6/14. My SA, who appears to be my local SA since he responded to my original order text, told me Tesla allows my order to be on hold for a maximum of 90 days from original order date. A couple of days before it expired my "view" changed from the hold message to showing the various delivery tasks (grayed out) with no EDD. Today, it shows an EDD of November 17-January 12.

Drawing from my "training" here since March, I suspect this is just a temporary EDD reflecting my order coming off hold and will adjust back once it figures out my original order date. Ironically, I'm OK with the later EDD for financial reasons but will take it as it comes. I really would rather have it sooner than later!

Also, went to Tint World yesterday to get quotes and sit in several employee cars to actually see what it looks like inside a tinted car looking out. I was surprised at even with 5% VLT (limo tint), it was not as dark as I thought it would be inside. Of course, nighttime is a different story.

Thought I would provide an update on my situation as I had put my order on hold which expired yesterday, 6/14. My SA, who appears to be my local SA since he responded to my original order text, told me Tesla allows my order to be on hold for a maximum of 90 days from original order date. A couple of days before it expired my "view" changed from the hold message to showing the various delivery tasks (grayed out) with no EDD. Today, it shows an EDD of November 17-January 12.

Drawing from my "training" here since March, I suspect this is just a temporary EDD reflecting my order coming off hold and will adjust back once it figures out my original order date. Ironically, I'm OK with the later EDD for financial reasons but will take it as it comes. I really would rather have it sooner than later!

Also, went to Tint World yesterday to get quotes and sit in several employee cars to actually see what it looks like inside a tinted car looking out. I was surprised at even with 5% VLT (limo tint), it was not as dark as I thought it would be inside. Of course, nighttime is a different story.
Will be very interested to hear your follow up when the EDD moves. I will be removing my hold at the end of this month.

Reactions: jpaychek

I think you’ll be joining us on the other side soon. I would start figuring out credit unions if I were you :)

For those of you that have taken delivery, you will get an email asking you to complete a short survey regarding the Tesla ordering/delivery experience.
I HIGHLY RECOMMEND YOU COMPLETE THIS SURVEY!
This is your opportunity to voice your concerns about the process. And, having been in these forums for the past 5 months, I know many of you have a LOT that you'd like to say.

I think one-pedal driving is the way it should’ve been from the start.
It's too dramatic a change to driving. It had to be masked by a seismic shift in the automobile industry so that people wouldn't be able to focus on it. Tesla was the earthquake. If legacy had gone ahead with electric cars, we'd have ICE cars with batteries. Probably even with gears. Certainly still with two pedals - legacy wouldn't take a chance on building something that might hit their sales. If legacy had tried to go with one pedal, various groups would come forward to complain about how it was unsafe or disorienting for drivers, and then there would be years of discussion in congress about whether or not to allow the new contraption. It would be another seat belt mess.

Tesla has opened the floodgates to a lot of innovation in the realm of transport. I just wish Elon was also rabid about virtual reality so that we could stop all this driving around to begin with. But that's a discussion for a different forum :)

fun fact with the "steering wheel wiggle" when on autopilot... i found out that instead of wiggling the steering wheel, you can just move the left or right scroll button up or down once and it will do the same thing. Made it WAY easier (at least for me) to get that annoying alert to go away when it didn't feel my hand on the wheel lol