Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Those of you who have taken delivery and installed all-weather floor mats, or will be: what do you do with the stock floor mats?
I prefer to use the carpet mats that come with the M3LR during the summer months and then swap them out with the all weather ones in early fall (Taptes for me). The all weather ones fit on top of the carpet ones but I didn’t lIke added bump above the floor.

• Informative
Reactions: Hiline
@T-J- Are you keeping your Cabin Overheat Protection on? I'm on the central coast in california so not hot by any means compared to your area, but mine hit 118 F this afternoon so I turned it back on just incase. Getting tint on back half (full back glass) on Friday so that may help.
I think tinting and sunshades would make a better solution - keeping AC on in that heat is going to be a drain on the battery.

Reactions: HeatherW22
@T-J- Are you keeping your Cabin Overheat Protection on? I'm on the central coast in california so not hot by any means compared to your area, but mine hit 118 F this afternoon so I turned it back on just incase. Getting tint on back half (full back glass) on Friday so that may help.
Nah. Everything I read is that it isn't necessary and just chews up the battery. It's currently 140 in my car. Only a high today of 105, so not that bad. I just turn the AC on before I walk to the car.

How soon did you get to schedule delivery from when the car was shipped from factory? Still waiting on mine but it only has been like 2-3 days since it left the factory
Still waiting to schedule a delivery date as well, received a text on the 10th that it departed the factory, on its way to Indianapolis.. In the first day of my EDD today.

Graduation Day, picked up an hour early in Devon. Matrix headlights, Michelin tires, no major issues. A little bowing on a interior thing on door, very minor. Got with 62% charge.

Absolutely love the car. Best car buying experience I have had. Instantly installed the upgraded floor mats and trunk mat.

Took a little figuring out to set up the wheel etc, but I got it all perfect. View attachment 816658
AWESOME!! 😍 Best wishes

Reactions: vegetaban and ZZ118
Nah. Everything I read is that it isn't necessary and just chews up the battery. It's currently 140 in my car. Only a high today of 105, so not that bad. I just turn the AC on before I walk to the car.
And here I am concerned that my cabin was at 102° today while it was parked in the sizzling heat of Florida. Gotta put up sunshades all over the place.

So finally uploaded my insurance. Ended up going with State Farm, which was able to beat USAA and Nationwide in the Philly area. When I uploaded the insurance info it immediately said my insurance was expiring soon. State Farm issued the policy exactly 60 days from the start date, which I guess Tesla counts as 59 days. In any case, I changed the date in the Tesla App by 1 day (assuming the State Farm expiration date is actually the last day of coverage), and the issue went away. Others might want to consider that if you're worried about the Insurance Expiring Soon thing, which I've seen lots of people posting about. All steps complete complete so far, just waiting now.

Just saw that the Fed is going to announce a rate increase today, since I am in my 2 week window and got the "JUNE" text last night, I went ahead and locked in 2.49% at Navy Fed. Might have shopped around and found something a little better but rather play it safe and be done with it
Is NFCU a 60 day lock?...I was thinking of doing the same after I saw that rate hike of 3/4 of a point. Even if it doesn't take effect immediately, might be prudent to get it locked in now.

So finally uploaded my insurance. Ended up going with State Farm, which was able to beat USAA and Nationwide in the Philly area. When I uploaded the insurance info it immediately said my insurance was expiring soon. State Farm issued the policy exactly 60 days from the start date, which I guess Tesla counts as 59 days. In any case, I changed the date in the Tesla App by 1 day (assuming the State Farm expiration date is actually the last day of coverage), and the issue went away. Others might want to consider that if you're worried about the Insurance Expiring Soon thing, which I've seen lots of people posting about. All steps complete complete so far, just waiting now.
Thank you for this, as I am one of those who received the "expiring soon" message. I spoke to my SA, who told me the only thing it relates to (at least here in Texas) is how long your temporary tags will be effective. 30 day increments means I will have only 30 days to work with by the time I get the car (June 20). They mail the license packet about two weeks after you take delivery.

I am letting it ride as is, no change to my temporary insurance card which they are fine with, now that I know the risk (expired temporary tags). I live in a small town, 2 miles from the license bureau/tax office, and grew up with most of the people behind the counter. If I get stopped, it'll be because they want to see the car or they want to ask how the family is doing.

Disclaimer: You may not want to risk this technique at home, unless you are also a long-term resident of a small southern town (Yokel advantage).

Last edited: