Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seattle roundup: Not sure if everyone likes being lumped by location so lmk if you'd like me to remove you.

NameODVDConfigVINDD
@ms5123/12/20226/13/2022White, Black, 18275XXX6/20/2022
@CEEV3/13/20226/11/2022MSM, Black, 18240XXX6/17/2022
@maxfli3/13/20226/13/2022White, Black, 18XXXXXX6/23/2022
@Pryze3/13/20223/4/2022Red, Black, 19271XXX6/15/2022
@SailDrive3/14/20226/13/2022MSM, Black, 18276XXX6/20/2022
@E90alex3/14/2022White, Black, 18
@Guy Maughan3/17/2022White, Black, 18
@QueenSundodger3/20/2022White, Black, 18

Sending EOQ push vibes to those still waiting on VINs!!!
@Pryze did you end up picking up your car!?
My VIN is 274XXX

Well, on average it takes 90-100 days for delivery (check the excel file with scatter plot that shows this trend). Based on when it is ordered, check the quarter that falls around that 90-100 days window.

Late-May/June OD will see delivery by the end of Sept. Folks, who ordered in March, including me (03/24) haven't received delivery as yet. The 2Q ends in June. My current updated EDD is 16-27th June.

This is, of course, speculative and based on trends we see from posts.
My order date is slightly
Ford did the same thing. With the chip shortage they prioritized manufacturing their high margin F-NNN trucks over other vehicles. P a month before a LR is minor by that scale.
did Ford have orders in hand for those vehicles? If so I agree. If not the. Not the same thing

Seattle roundup: Not sure if everyone likes being lumped by location so lmk if you'd like me to remove you.

NameODVDConfigVINDD
@ms5123/12/20226/13/2022White, Black, 18275XXX6/20/2022
@CEEV3/13/20226/11/2022MSM, Black, 18240XXX6/17/2022
@maxfli3/13/20226/13/2022White, Black, 18274XXX6/23/2022
@Pryze3/13/20223/4/2022Red, Black, 19271XXX6/15/2022
@SailDrive3/14/20226/13/2022MSM, Black, 18276XXX6/20/2022
@E90alex3/14/2022White, Black, 18
@Guy Maughan3/17/2022White, Black, 18
@QueenSundodger3/20/2022White, Black, 18

Sending EOQ push vibes to those still waiting on VINs!!!
@Pryze did you end up picking up your car!?
Look at all those White/Black Aero no FSD cars 😂😂😂😂 @E90alex & @QueenSundodger either of you considering changing color yet? I feel like it’s a game of chicken to see who blinks first. 😂
Anyone in the Seattle are use Sound CU for their loan? I see they have competitive rates online but not sure if they do a rate lock. If so I might just go with them instead of DCU.
I am also going through Sound CU. The Green Vehicle discount was great. I ended up getting a 3.34% that will expire in roughly 30 days. Got a little presumptuous with the 2 week window I had. So hopefully it won’t expire before vin arrives. I was going to go through GESA CU but they require you open a credit card to get their absolute best rate and I didn’t want to do that.

Anyone in the Seattle are use Sound CU for their loan? I see they have competitive rates online but not sure if they do a rate lock. If so I might just go with them instead of DCU.

I’m pretty sure all financial institutions have some sort of rate lock. DCU’s rate lock doesn’t have much practical implication because you typically get your car within a couple of weeks of getting a VIN.

Look at all those White/Black Aero no FSD cars 😂😂😂😂 @E90alex & @QueenSundodger either of you considering changing color yet? I feel like it’s a game of chicken to see who blinks first. 😂

I am also going through Sound CU. The Green Vehicle discount was great. I ended up getting a 3.34% that will expire in roughly 30 days. Got a little presumptuous with the 2 week window I had. So hopefully it won’t expire before vin arrives. I was going to go through GESA CU but they require you open a credit card to get their absolute best rate and I didn’t want to do that.
I didn't bother adding the FSD note since 1) none of us have it and 2) latest reports don't seem to indicate that it is being prioritized at the moment.

My friend did the monthly subscription for FSD and it’s cool but I personally don’t think I would use it near enough to justify the price. Autopilot is all I think I’ll need.
I love testing beta *sugar*, this is written from a nightly build of Firefox for example. I'd be 100% about FSD beta, especially with recent developments that bring it out of the completely-broken-outside-of-SF-Bay-Area bucket, but I'm always struck by all the folks who say they bought $TSLA for whatever amount FSD was being offered for at the time... these are the same people driving around in new Model S/X, probably with FSD now!

Edit: It's importatnt to distinguish FSD Beta from FSD-- the latter is hardly worth the price right now, while the former is obviously still in development and will likely continue to be there for significantly longer than our lord and savior would tend to tweet.

• Love
Reactions: Guy Maughan
I had to ask my SA, they are able to see a lot of detail on their end.
This is perhaps a good time to point out that early on when speaking with 'your SA' many of us have noticed a pattern that indicates that questions are being answered in a generic common queue, probably by HQ or (gasp!) remote workers. Around the time a VIN is issued this seems to switch over to the local SC staff as they are naturally able to field more specific logistics questions. My experience so far supports this.

I love testing beta *sugar*, this is written from a nightly build of Firefox for example. I'd be 100% about FSD beta, especially with recent developments that bring it out of the completely-broken-outside-of-SF-Bay-Area bucket, but I'm always struck by all the folks who say they bought $TSLA for whatever amount FSD was being offered for at the time... these are the same people driving around in new Model S/X, probably with FSD now!
I used to beta test all the time. My friend and I always managed to snag developer accounts when we were in middle/high school for the new iOS and Mac betas and I did strongly consider the FSD for the same reasons but I just couldn’t justify the cost. Now when I’m with my friend in his M3P it’s game on FSD beta always engaged. For me, I love the feeling of driving though.

Reactions: CEEV
I used to beta test all the time. My friend and I always managed to snag developer accounts when we were in middle/high school for the new iOS and Mac betas and I did strongly consider the FSD for the same reasons but I just couldn’t justify the cost. Now when I’m with my friend in his M3P it’s game on FSD beta always engaged. For me, I love the feeling of driving though.
I'm surprised your PU location hasn't changed to Fife yet?

I didn’t want a paid paint option since I didn’t like any of the colors enough to pay for them lol. Red was nice but not $2000 nice to me. If the blue was more of a brighter/vibrant blue instead of a dark blue I might have gone for it.

For Sound CU did you do the loan stuff all online or would it be easier to just go in person? Are they going to send the check to Tesla directly or did they give you one to hand over at delivery?

I’m pretty sure all financial institutions have some sort of rate lock. DCU’s rate lock doesn’t have much practical implication because you typically get your car within a couple of weeks of getting a VIN.
DCU doesn’t lock rates so the rate you get approved for isn’t guaranteed until you finalize the loan by sending in the MVPA and they cut a check to Tesla. I was approved for 2.49%/65mo but still waiting on my VIN/MVPA.

Reactions: CEEV and Hiline
I didn’t want a paid paint option since I didn’t like any of the colors enough to pay for them lol. Red was nice but not $2000 nice to me. If the blue was more of a brighter/vibrant blue instead of a dark blue I might have gone for it.

For Sound CU did you do the loan stuff all online or would it be easier to just go in person? Are they going to send the check to Tesla directly or did they give you one to hand over at delivery?

DCU doesn’t lock rates so the rate you get approved for isn’t guaranteed until you finalize the loan by sending in the MVPA and they cut a check to Tesla. I was approved for 2.49%/65mo but still waiting on my VIN/MVPA.
2.49% is a great rate. I'm an employee of Sound, so my process is a bit different. Nevertheless, I'm swinging by a branch on the way to my PU appointment to get a cashiers check. Confirmed with SC that I can hand them the cashiers check at PU. If you're strapped for time I would go in person. If you have time, I'd go online. They can Docusign all the documents.

This is the bummer with Credit Unions. If they have a decent rate, (EDIT: I'm looking at you, BECU) they are not really falling over themselves to get people on the books. I imagine this is why DCU doesn't even bother with the concept of a rate lock? For those following along today 2.49% is the lowest you can get out of DCU, which is extremely respectable for a 65 month loan. This is what I got too.

You may have some luck @E90alex, since I seem to recall that DCU was really slow to move up from 2.24 before EV credit whenever the last rate hike was. If they lag on this round it'll certainly be in your favor... Hope it's not long now if @maxfli and @ms512 have their White VINs!

I didn’t pay for paint cause I plan to wrap the car in the future. And I’m a sucker for white car 😂

I did it online and then went in to Sound CU cause I felt the rate they quoted online was high and it was. They didn’t take into consideration the green vehicle discount or the AutoPay discount. I believe they will give me a check to take to Tesla. You might be able to ask them to send it directly. I bank at Harborstone CU and my downpayment is coming down then and they are located across the street from each other in Bonney Lake where I work so I just planned to bank hop when I needed the checks haha

Reactions: E90alex