Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Question guys, I gave my plate registration details (plate number, both names) a few weeks back. Looking over the agreement docs, noticed my wife’s name isn’t included in Registrant Name field. The loan and all other info is just in my name except for the plate that we are transferring from one vehicle to the Tesla. Anyone else have something like this? Did it hang up anything if i continue with the documentation?

Question guys, I gave my plate registration details (plate number, both names) a few weeks back. Looking over the agreement docs, noticed my wife’s name isn’t included in Registrant Name field. The loan and all other info is just in my name except for the plate that we are transferring from one vehicle to the Tesla. Anyone else have something like this? Did it hang up anything if i continue with the documentation?

I would not think that would affect you taking possession of the car.

Disappointing experience thus far in attempting to schedule delivery date. Went from:

7/23 - 8/27 EDD to
6/15 - 6/19 EDD (with VIN) to
6/17 - 6/21 EDD (with no VIN)

in a matter of 3 days. The scheduling feature in the app was a fail, the text messages were in spurts--some with relevant information and many where our replies were met with radio silence. Calling Tesla was even more frustrating getting through to a person. And in the end, it appears that we are bumped. :mad:
I've never heard of a VIN being pulled back. What happened??

Tesla texted today stating that it’s been more than 30 days since they pulled my bureau for the lease and I’ll need to reapply delaying my delivery until Friday the 17th which is where it was. Terms and pricing are the same and i was able to set up recurring monthly payments and complete all pre delivery requirements except for Doc review.
Delivery day today- all is well ! Thanks to all forum members and their guidance and patience.

Attachments

• AA6DED9A-1F06-42D0-846E-68E7AB27EDD9.png
    AA6DED9A-1F06-42D0-846E-68E7AB27EDD9.png
    420.9 KB · Views: 82
  • A3FB5789-A2DC-4AEC-BE3E-0C2C1AA54ED7.jpeg
    A3FB5789-A2DC-4AEC-BE3E-0C2C1AA54ED7.jpeg
    635.5 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:
You and I are in the same boat. An alternative explanation which was given to me by the local SC is that these cars have been sitting in storage somewhere for a long-ass time waiting for charge ports. Not sure if I buy it 100% but it's what they said ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Hopefully you're able to get your fin stuff locked. Did you get a build date/Delivery window?
259xxx is past the charge port issue and right in the middle of the second run of premium headlights based on available data points.

Considering matrix was a major factor in me deciding to order the car in the first place I will be releasing the VIN and wait for a new one.

Standard autopilot does that too.
Not according to this page.

Autopilot and Full Self-Driving Capability

Autopilot is cruise control and autosteer, while FSD does all the more advanced stuff, such as it is. It's always been screwy that Autopilot doesn't do lane changes while on autosteer.

If we see Enhanced Autopilot, then all the advanced stuff except for "Traffic and Stop Sign Control" will be put there. FSD will only include the opportunity to use the beta stuff. With Elon claiming that they'll have a million cars on FSD beta by the end of the year, it sounds like he wants to open it up to pretty much everyone with FSD, which would be nice given the price.

EDD now updated Oct. 26-Dec. 21 in app.
So my delivery time got pushed back to 6:30 PM tomorrow from noon. Bummed about it, but its better than not being able to get it until sometime next week.

So in about 26 hours, I will be officially a Tesla owner! I have been looking forward to this since the launch announcement back in 2016!!!!

I guarantee you I will not sleep tonight. lol