Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, the text replies have been selective. In other words, we inquired to whom to make the check payable to: they replied promptly. When we asked to confirm a delivery date and time (tomorrow, 6/18 @ 10am): no response to that. When we inquired about trade-in value: no response. Then we receive a text indicating that we need to select a delivery date or risk being bumped.

While the car is likely to be awesome, the service delivery thus far is less-than-stellar. :confused:
That sucks. Hope it works out for you. I’m picking up there on Monday

Reactions: Subie2M3
⚠️ Warning throwing a pitty party ⚠️
Not gonna lie, it’s kind of discouraging and annoying seeing all these VINs being assigned to people with order dates after mine given how much emphasis is put on EOQ on the “West Coast”. Super happy for Tesla and team seemingly spreading the love out and hopefully flattening the waves of deliveries so they don’t have to deal with EOQ pushes though. But ugh 😩

Okay rant over. It has been so great reading through everyone else’s experiences, tips & tricks and helpful advice you all have shared. It has definitely made this wait a lot easier than going it alone. Cheers to all those that have gotten their VINs and deliveries coming up! I’m hoping im not too far behind you!
At times it makes no sense but one thing we've known for some time is that Tesla prioritizes the higher-margin cars. You have the lowest priced M3LR so you may be a little behind some others. But I would be surprised if they don't get you taken care of 'very' soon.

At times it makes no sense but one thing we've known for some time is that Tesla prioritizes the higher-margin cars. You have the lowest priced M3LR so you may be a little behind some others. But I would be surprised if they don't get you taken care of 'very' soon.
Add to this the fact that he's in Seattle. In terms of west coast destinations, it's about as far from Fremont as you can get. So it's more expensive to get a vehicle up there, and it ties up a carrier truck for a longer period of time. In Seattle's favor is the number of cars that are being ordered up there, so there shouldn't be a problem with getting a spot on a truck headed in that direction.

I'm assuming that as they get closer to the end of the quarter, trucks will go shorter and shorter distances to deliver vehicles. I'm sure a variety of plots of the spreadsheet data on a map would reveal some interesting patterns.

Hi, M3LR waiting room. SA has informed me that the M3LR arrived at the SC, was inspected and requires a bath. Learned a few things about the financing (loan) portion that is interesting to pass to the group. Apparently, there is a max limit on the downpayment you can give towards your vehicle. The delivery date and PPF install are now locked in. Figuring out how efficiently I can run through the checklist "laps".
What is the max down payment limit? I was thinking about putting a hefty chunk down to keep payments low

So finally got my VIN, however it’s not showing in the app I just called Tesla, asked the agent if he knows more or less when it should arrive in Canada, and also since my edd is so close do you have an idea of when my vin should be assigned so I can start insurance. He said hold on and came back 2-3 minutes later with my VIN and the car should be here around June 22-23rd

So finally got my VIN, however it’s not showing in the app I just called Tesla, asked the agent if he knows more or less when it should arrive in Canada, and also since my edd is so close do you have an idea of when my vin should be assigned so I can start insurance. He said hold on and came back 2-3 minutes later with my VIN and the car should be here around June 22-23rd
I believe I’ve heard from other Canadians that your VIN shows up on the website and not on the App.

Reactions: Marvolo18
What is the max down payment limit? I was thinking about putting a hefty chunk down to keep payments low
It *could be dependent on your loan term or other factors. In our specific instance, when our downpayment + trade-in equalled 70% of the value of the vehicle, we were asked to reduce our downpayment amount. *Communicate to your SA the amount and let them check to see if it works.

I usually check both to make sure, even checked the ‘’source Code’’ option but no luck. At least the SA was nice to let me know, it feels more real now.
Hi! I can confirm it does eventually show on the app. When we were informed that our VIN was assigned, it did not appear immediately on the site/app. We ended up asking the SA to text it.

It *could be dependent on your loan term or other factors. In our specific instance, when our downpayment + trade-in equalled 70% of the value of the vehicle, we were asked to reduce our downpayment amount. *Communicate to your SA the amount and let them check to see if it works.
I wonder if that’s a Canada thing? Or maybe just your specific lender? I was planning on paying cash for most of mine and financing the little bit left. Interesting.

Reactions: HeatherW22
⚠️ Warning throwing a pitty party ⚠️
Not gonna lie, it’s kind of discouraging and annoying seeing all these VINs being assigned to people with order dates after mine given how much emphasis is put on EOQ on the “West Coast”. Super happy for Tesla and team seemingly spreading the love out and hopefully flattening the waves of deliveries so they don’t have to deal with EOQ pushes though. But ugh 😩

Okay rant over. It has been so great reading through everyone else’s experiences, tips & tricks and helpful advice you all have shared. It has definitely made this wait a lot easier than going it alone. Cheers to all those that have gotten their VINs and deliveries coming up! I’m hoping im not too far behind you!
Everyone that is passing you likely didn't buy the base LR, let this be a warning/PSA to anyone else that bought a base long range with no $$ upgrades, expect to wait a couple more weeks on average for your car than someone that shelled out for paint or a white interior.

Reactions: phaheem and JB47394
First post here. Glad to have found this community! I ordered a Blue LR AWD Model 3 on May 20th and currently the EDD is July 6 - Aug 3, so starting to get excited.

Question about home charging. The previous owner of my house had a NEMA 6-50R installed in the garage, which I'm hoping to use rather than purchasing the wall connector. I'm going to have an electrician in soon to check if it works as I have never tried to use it. Assuming it works properly, I think I would just need to have a mobile connector and the correct adapter. However, with the mobile connector being sold out, I'm not sure what I should do as I'm not confident it will be in stock anytime soon. Any suggestions or tips?

Everyone that is passing you likely didn't buy the base LR, let this be a warning/PSA to anyone else that bought a base long range with no $$ upgrades, expect to wait a couple more weeks on average for your car than someone that shelled out for paint or a white interior.
This is simply not true, most people passing him are base model LR.