Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mine does as well, despite them telling me I'm all set for tomorrow's delivery. For me it's because the app would never allow me to enter my insurance info. I had to email it to them. They were able to work out my lender info as well so the 19-hour countdown is on!
Good luck hope everything works out perfect! This is going to be the longest 3 days of my life lol

Good luck hope everything works out perfect! This is going to be the longest 3 days of my life lol
The last days of the wait are by far the most difficult. I literally freaked out when they rescheduled my first delivery and then today they moved it again but in a positive direction. Adults should not be this worked up over a car delivery. 😂

The last days of the wait are by far the most difficult. I literally freaked out when they rescheduled my first delivery and then today they moved it again but in a positive direction. Adults should not be this worked up over a car delivery. 😂
Hahaha I will definitely freak out if there’s some sort of adjustment made on the delivery 😂😂 unless it’s earlier of course I would love that lol

• Funny
Reactions: SCTes1aMan
Graduation day boys! I spent probably 5 minutes signing three sheets of paperwork and walking to the car then got it and went about my business. I did get there earlier though and took a quick look around the car due to rain. Found condensation in a rear tail light and scheduled it for service. Took a further look and noticed a slight panel gap (nothing you can notice unless you really look) in the rear bumper, passenger side so I added that to the original service request as well. Will snag pics of the car and upload later!

Just wanted to post to ensure my signature info was gtg.
For anyone else concerned, once you update your signature, it will apply retroactively to all your posts. So if you delete your signature, it is deleted from all your posts.

Thanks for getting that signature information in there.

I hope you're not claustrophobic because Tyson's is very tight on space in its delivery area.

Can someone tell me financially if this trade in offer for my car from Tesla is worth it with?

Total car price for the Tesla: $53,440
Trade in offer for my car: $7321.13

I know that tax benefits from trading in to Tesla~ so that means if I take this trade in I pay $2,872.25 in taxes (Texas 6.25%)

Carmax offering: $27,000 for my car, netting me $12,000 since I have $15,000 to payoff.

So I'd put that $12000 into my down payment. But I'd pay the $3300 in taxes for the full amount of $53,440 which is $3,340.00

Any input would be great!

Can someone tell me financially if this trade in offer for my car from Tesla is worth it with?

Total car price for the Tesla: $53,440
Trade in offer for my car: $7321.13

I know that tax benefits from trading in to Tesla~ so that means if I take this trade in I pay $2,872.25 in taxes (Texas 6.25%)

Carmax offering: $27,000 for my car, netting me $12,000 since I have $15,000 to payoff.

So I'd put that $12000 into my down payment. But I'd pay the $3300 in taxes for the full amount of $53,440 which is $3,340.00

Any input would be great!
Maybe I'm missing something

You owe 15k on the car which means trading to tesla you still owe 8k. If you go with carmax you pay less then 1000$ in extra taxes but make 12k

Seems like a no brainer to me?

Reactions: Mr. Nuke
Tesla offer net difference is $7321 taking out the 15k difference of owing on my current car
What was the dollar value that Tesla offered you for your current car? $22,321? If so, doesn't that amount come off the purchase price, saving you taxes on that full amount? How does paying off the old car factor into state taxes for the new car? Is it because Tesla will pay off your old car and so the full amount of the trade-in doesn't go to reducing the price of the new car?

What’s there to think about? The math is pretty straight forward.

Difference between CarMax and Tesla trade in (assuming after payoff) = $4697

Difference between tax for CarMax vs Tesla trade in = $468

$4697 - $468 = $4229

Do you want an extra $4229 for selling to CarMax or not?
DOcCjbAVwAITZlg.jpg

I just got my VIN this afternoon, starting with 298. EDD is changed to June 20 - June 24, still can't schedule delivery. I have one question. I am using a third party loan, and that credit union will only be able to process my loan until next Tuesday due to the public holiday.(I already have got approval but they can't issue any approval document without VIN). Does this mean I won't be able to schedule delivery before next Tuesday?

I just got my VIN this afternoon, starting with 298. EDD is changed to June 20 - June 24, still can't schedule delivery. I have one question. I am using a third party loan, and that credit union will only be able to process my loan until next Tuesday due to the public holiday.(I already have got approval but they can't issue any approval document without VIN). Does this mean I won't be able to schedule delivery before next Tuesday?
You should be fine. You may be asked to submit the lender info but Tesla has no way of knowing anything about the actual loan until you either process the ACH payment or go to the delivery with your certified check.

You should be fine. You may be asked to submit the lender info but Tesla has no way of knowing anything about the actual loan until you either process the ACH payment or go to the delivery with your certified check.
I already paid my down payment with ACH. But according to the credit union, they will issue a check to Tesla. I guess Tesla won't allow me to take delivery without seeing proof of the bank payment?

I already paid my down payment with ACH. But according to the credit union, they will issue a check to Tesla. I guess Tesla won't allow me to take delivery without seeing proof of the bank payment?
I don't recall seeing many checks being mailed to Tesla from a lender but it does happen and you can even find the instructions on their site. The vast majority of orders are paid for with either ACH or a check at the actual delivery. Are you sure the credit union isn't planning to give you a physical check?

Correct. Tuesday is only 3 days away.

I don't recall seeing many checks being mailed to Tesla from a lender but it does happen and you can even find the instructions on their site. The vast majority of orders are paid for with either ACH or a check at the actual delivery. Are you sure the credit union isn't planning to give you a physical check?
They can overnight the check to Tesla and give them a delivery confirmation. Tesla accepts that according to others that have posted.