Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Question on financing..does tesla require downpayment..like do i have to pay the state tax amount and registration fees on tesla itself..i was gonna put my downpayment with mu credit union and basically just hand them the full amount of the car with state tax,registration fees,etc..
All they want is a check or ACH for the payment they are showing due and that can be the total car price or you can arrange to pay your downpayment with them. Like you, I gave my CU the downpayment and they cut one check for the total. My CU handled the taxes, registration and all of that so it couldn't have been more simple.

BTW, my check was $250 more than it should have been because my credit union used Tesla's docs and they're misleading. My SA told me last week that it's the most common thing they see on delivery day and it's not an issue at all. They'll send me the $250 within 60 days.

• Informative
Reactions: jpaychek
It was a long day but a fun one. On my 266 VIN I got both Matrix and Michelin tires. The car was almost flawless but the driver's side back door handle wasn't quite flush and they scheduled a mobile service appointment for July 8. I hate the thought of them sending someone to fix something so small but that's just me. When I first found the car I thought it had two major scratches but it was from the cleaning supplies and came right off. I couldn't find anything else and the car looks fantastic. I signed two papers, turned over my check and we were done. My SA was really nice and got in the car with me to set up a few minor things and I was good to go within 10 minutes.

I've never driven a Tesla and pulled out with a 100 mile drive(250 total to get home) and found it far easier than expected. Regen braking is obviously a different animal but really not that difficult at all. Autopilot is great but on two different parts of my trip, I got in trouble and wasn't allowed to use it again until the car was parked and that reset the suspension of my privileges. lol I really don't know why it happened because I was good about moving the wheel when it was requested but the car I said both times that I didn't.

Yes these cars are fast, unbelievably. The most amazing thing about the speed is that it doesn't just blast from 0-60 mph like you often hear but at any time you can add a little to the accelerator and it takes off just as quickly. So if you're cruising at 75 and want to get to 100 you're talking about what seems like a split second. And everything is so smooth.

I still have a lot to learn but as soon as I got home I tried two different light shows and that that was fun, although my neighbors may not agree. :p

I have the car (Gigawatt) connected to my wall connector now and it's pulling 48 amps and getting 50 miles/hr!

View attachment 818691View attachment 818694

So excited for you! (And many others here who took delivery over the past week)

I had to drive some distance home from delivery point as well, and I struggled with pulling out of the parking lot at first, but the rest of the drive felt amazing. When I later that day took the car out for a more casual test drive, I had a blast. The car made driving a 1000x times better experience.

Np happy to help. The app should say we will notify you when it's time to continue. To get to that you must add your license, decline ( for now ) a trade and select cash. Do not select finance as you will then need to apply for finance which only lasts 60 days. I made that mistake when I first started. Once that is ready you should see dates for you edd and you are good to go. Best of luck

Wow glad this was posted I had no idea, I had my order in but hadn’t completed the trade in or set to cash because I thought I’d just be able to leave it. This thread is so helpful.

Reactions: ZZ118
So excited for you! (And many others here who took delivery over the past week)

I had to drive some distance home from delivery point as well, and I struggled with pulling out of the parking lot at first, but the rest of the drive felt amazing. When I later that day took the car out for a more casual test drive, I had a blast. The car made driving a 1000x times better experience.
It's definitely an adjustment at first. Now driving wasn't so bad but my first supercharger was quite an experience. I've read about the short cords but wow they're like five feet so you need to back in 'really' close. The first time I was about six inches off so I backed up more and it was enough but I still almost had to force it into the port and that's not smart. I need to do a better job the next time.

Wow glad this was posted I had no idea, I had my order in but hadn’t completed the trade in or set to cash because I thought I’d just be able to leave it. This thread is so helpful.

You don’t actually need to enter all of that right away. Your spot in line is saved as soon as you pay the order fee. You just won’t have an EDD in the app.

Reactions: HeatherW22
They scheduled my delivery to next Tuesday. I also need to get the check from a credit union, so I am trying to postpone it to Wednesday.
Finally got someone from Tesla answering my call, they agree to postpone my delivery to Wednesday but that is the latest date they can push to. This means I must get my loan ready on Tuesday, otherwise I will need to give up the VIN.

You don’t actually need to enter all of that right away. Your spot in line is saved as soon as you pay the order fee. You just won’t have an EDD in the app.
I’ve read several posts where those that didn’t have all of that completed kept getting perpetual push backs. Then they called months down the road and spoke with an SA and were told they had to complete it first. That’s why the Cash/No Trade-In is picked, otherwise we would just wait until we got a VIN to pick anything. My understanding is that until it’s complete you don’t have a place in line.

This has been discussed before and it's still kinda a grey area. Just do what I mentioned before and say no trade in and cash. Then when you get a VIN you can update it. Better safe then sorry

For everyone who is enjoying their new Tesla, remember that there are lots of very useful voice commands available to control the car's functions. So instead of driving distracted while fiddling with the touchscreen, you can just click the right steering wheel button and then say what you're after. I find it very tempting to go to the touchscreen to set one thing only to be distracted by all the visible options. As a result, I try to focus on using the voice commands where I can.

Morning y'all. Woke up to EDD change. From 8/8 -9/19 to now 6/16 - 6/26. Sunnyvale pickup. As promised, updating progress on switch from LR to P.
Hey everyone, giving my updated as promised! Was assigned my VIN today, 6/19 @ 1135am pst! EDD holding steady but was advised that I’ll be hearing from delivery team to arrange in the next few days! Hope y’all are doing well!

Picked up my Model 3 LR at Mount Kisco New York yesterday. Waited 102 days from order to delivery of my base model white exterior black interior aero wheels no FSD car. it was manufactured June 5 and my VIN was assigned June 6. Equipped with global headlights and Michelin tires, VIN 271xxx. The car was unlocked and I was able to inspect inside and out before accepting delivery. Odometer showed 3 miles. The car was perfect except possibly a panel gap on one side of the rear trunk. Malcolm (Tesla SA) spent much time and was very patient walking me through important features of the car. Much to learn about the software, but the car is a pure joy to drive. Thanks for all the support from this and other TMC forums.

Delivery date now set for Sunday at noon! Here's my detailed timeline to date.

Order placed 03/12/2022, estimated delivery May 2022
M3LR, pearl white, black, 18" Aero, no FSD
03/14/2022 EDD 06/16/2022 - 07/14/2022
03/18/2022 EDD 06/05/2022 - 07/17/2022
04/14/2022 EDD 06/12/2022 - 07/17/2022
05/15/2022 EDD 06/05/2022 - 06/19/2022
05/20/2022 EDD 06/16/2022 - 07/14/2022
05/30/2022 EDD 06/20/2022 - 07/04/2022
06/10/2022 EDD 06/25/2022 - 06/29/2022
6/8 received trade in text
6/10 VIN assigned 274xxx, asked to submit proof of insurance
6/12 received text about car shipping
06/15/2022 EDD 06/22/2022 - 06/28/2022
06/17/2022 SA called me, delivery set for 6/26 at 12 pm

It was a long day but a fun one. On my 266 VIN I got both Matrix and Michelin tires. The car was almost flawless but the driver's side back door handle wasn't quite flush and they scheduled a mobile service appointment for July 8. I hate the thought of them sending someone to fix something so small but that's just me. When I first found the car I thought it had two major scratches but it was from the cleaning supplies and came right off. I couldn't find anything else and the car looks fantastic. I signed two papers, turned over my check and we were done. My SA was really nice and got in the car with me to set up a few minor things and I was good to go within 10 minutes.

I've never driven a Tesla and pulled out with a 100 mile drive(250 total to get home) and found it far easier than expected. Regen braking is obviously a different animal but really not that difficult at all. Autopilot is great but on two different parts of my trip, I got in trouble and wasn't allowed to use it again until the car was parked and that reset the suspension of my privileges. lol I really don't know why it happened because I was good about moving the wheel when it was requested but the car I said both times that I didn't.

Yes these cars are fast, unbelievably. The most amazing thing about the speed is that it doesn't just blast from 0-60 mph like you often hear but at any time you can add a little to the accelerator and it takes off just as quickly. So if you're cruising at 75 and want to get to 100 you're talking about what seems like a split second. And everything is so smooth.

I still have a lot to learn but as soon as I got home I tried two different light shows and that that was fun, although my neighbors may not agree. :p

I have the car (Gigawatt) connected to my wall connector now and it's pulling 48 amps and getting 50 miles/hr!

View attachment 818691View attachment 818694
🎉🙌 Now that's the kind of delivery I'm hoping for! Congrats and Safe travels!!

Hello! Wanted to get some advice! I’ve been thinking about switching from the 18” to the 19” wheels. What are the advantages or updating the wheels. I doubt it would move my EDD up, but from a performance viewpoint? Thoughts from those who went 19”? ODD for me was 4/29, current EDD is Aug 14- Sept 15 (after briefly jumping up to July 5 😭). M3LR, Red exterior, black interior.