Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Y’all this is nuts. I just posted on here earlier this morning about possibly switching tires types. ODD is 4/29, and when I asked about tire differences this morning at 8am, EDD was Aug 15-Sept 12. I decided to remove my trade in because I have someone at work that wants to buy it from me instead and the moment I did that I was assigned a VIN!!! 😳😱. Finalized my payment, uploaded my insurance and scheduled pick up is 6/25. Quite a turn around from Aug 15 EDD this morning!!!

Hi Friends, got the VIN text today, window changed to 6/20-6/25... I am in Texas, this is my first Tesla, apparently I cannot bring a check to service center for pickup? Any other Texas buyers with any advice would be much appreciated, I also assume if I go back and add a trade again, this could delay delivery at this point?
I've never heard that you can't bring a cashier's check. That's how most people pay!
I paid through the app, so that's an option as well.

Hi Friends, got the VIN text today, window changed to 6/20-6/25... I am in Texas, this is my first Tesla, apparently I cannot bring a check to service center for pickup? Any other Texas buyers with any advice would be much appreciated, I also assume if I go back and add a trade again, this could delay delivery at this point?
Due to Texas' car dealer protectionist laws, you need to pay for the car before it is shipped from Fremont based on other posts here. A trade in at this point now that you have a VIN isn't going to delay anything. You should get working on both of those ASAP though now with the VIN.

Edit: I suppose the trade in could complicate things in this circumstance given you need to pay ahead. I'd also strongly consider looking at other options for selling your current car other than Tesla as they on average seem to be on the low side.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: JB47394 and MattH
Due to Texas' car dealer protectionist laws, you need to pay for the car before it is shipped from Fremont based on other posts here. A trade in at this point now that you have a VIN isn't going to delay anything. You should get working on both of those ASAP though now with the VIN.

Edit: I suppose the trade in could complicate things in this circumstance given you need to pay ahead. I'd also strongly consider looking at other options for selling your current car other than Tesla as they on average seem to be on the low side.
Thanks, guess I need to pay and give them insurance before it moves an inch from Fremont... anyone in Houston have direct information on the tax/registration part after pickup? Thanks

Y’all this is nuts. I just posted on here earlier this morning about possibly switching tires types. ODD is 4/29, and when I asked about tire differences this morning at 8am, EDD was Aug 15-Sept 12. I decided to remove my trade in because I have someone at work that wants to buy it from me instead and the moment I did that I was assigned a VIN!!! 😳😱. Finalized my payment, uploaded my insurance and scheduled pick up is 6/25. Quite a turn around from Aug 15 EDD this morning!!!
Ohio...need I say more...🤣

That is roughly what mine was too with the same order date. We'll see what happens, you both should probably be prepared to still potentially get a car this quarter. On the other hand, Tesla should have a fairly good idea of how many cars they think they can make over the next 11 days and where they're going.
My thoughts exactly. I’ll hold on to some hope since I had gotten the “June” text last Tuesday, but time will tell. Thanks for your insight!

Reactions: jpaychek