Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So to anyone wondering I went back to the archives to see what was going on in April ( start of last quarter) and it was pretty much nothing until the last few days. Then the VINs started pouring in. That's the typical pattern I'm told so likely July will be similar, a slow frustrating month. I've also noticed this forum has gotten a lot quieter over the last few weeks as more and more veterans have graduated and less newbies have come on. Makes me wonder if orders placed are slowing down as well 🤔
Wouldn’t surprise me with the latest price hikes and interest rate hikes if demand has softened. Had I not locked in my price from February I guarantee I wouldn’t be buying one right now.

Hello there group! Newbie here. Just ordered M3LR a week ago. Just want to see any tips on the next steps. Waiting time? How long will it take? When and what is the next step? Thanks group!!
Welcome the wait is the worst thing. I am currently at day 99 from my OD. Your EDD ( estimated delivery date ) will change on average about 7-10 times during the process. Make sure you say your paying cash and you can change later if you want to finance with Tesla. Other than that start watching YouTube about your car and looking for Accessories that you will like for your car as well.

So to anyone wondering I went back to the archives to see what was going on in April ( start of last quarter) and it was pretty much nothing until the last few days. Then the VINs started pouring in. That's the typical pattern I'm told so likely July will be similar, a slow frustrating month. I've also noticed this forum has gotten a lot quieter over the last few weeks as more and more veterans have graduated and less newbies have come on. Makes me wonder if orders placed are slowing down as well 🤔
I can see that with the prices increases happening so fast and the wait time is next year unless you do all the upgrades to get in nov or dec of this year.

I was wondering the same thing.

Reactions: ZZ118
Yep. I totally agree about folks getting used to these gas prices. If you think about it, gas prices really haven’t followed the rate of inflation over the past several decades like other things have.
Problem also is that people see gas prices are coming down but they're not really. It's a house of cards they're just suspending the gas taxes. You can't do that forever without the roads going to crap. We're lucky we can go EV. I feel very sorry for the people who are stuck with this situation.

Hello again, update on my model 3. I canceled my order for my model 3 lol. Decided to get the model Y. Came into some extra money.
I think think I am keeping this 3 and driving it now but just put an order in for a Y for the delivery in 2023. I'm sure this will be an easy sell. Have a couple of friends already interested to not have the wait and under dealer used car markups

Reactions: Gollum8651
I really want to switch to the white interior but after texting with an SA and seeing “This is something we can do, although this has the possibility of pushing your order date out extensively (we are currently estimating July 22 - August 19).” I’m really on the fence.

Has anyone made the switch? And how did it impact your EDD? On the site if I was just starting the process it would push me forward significantly.

I really want to switch to the white interior but after texting with an SA and seeing “This is something we can do, although this has the possibility of pushing your order date out extensively (we are currently estimating July 22 - August 19).” I’m really on the fence.

Has anyone made the switch? And how did it impact your EDD? On the site if I was just starting the process it would push me forward significantly.
Can't speak to the white seats but my EDD got screwed after I added EAP (which is just software) and it still hasn't recovered. I wouldn't mess with it if I was you

I always say get what you want. You won’t be happy settling for something you don’t really want. The white interior is beautiful. But I couldn’t wait I bought a slightly used one on Carvana I pick it up Thursday.

Reactions: E90alex

If you really want the white interior then a potential extra few weeks is worth it versus having to live with the black interior for however long you keep the car for.