Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We backed out of our Model Y order as at the end of the day it doesn’t make financial sense to pay $70k on a vehicle for our family. We still had our Model 3 LR order and still had the price locked in from my Feb order. We changed it to MSM exterior and are keeping the 19” sport wheels. What’s awesome is my credit union decided to go back and let me keep the rate I locked in back in May when I first got approved. $53k before TTL on a M3LR. The delivery date for me shows July 7-11 and I already have a VIN assigned.
Might be the earliest Q3 delivery of anyone on this thread, congrats!

This is honestly making me think about canceling my order. On my OD it was 1.99% Now its 4.24 and really the earliest I can lock in the rate will be the end of this month. ( based on my EDD of 8/27 - 10/1 ) If it goes over 5% I'm out for sure
Hate to say this but it will be over 5 by that with the federal reserve about to raise rates again another .75% that will raise about 5 or more. I’m on the same boat with you that’s why I lock in at 3.49% at my local credit union hoping I get it this month.

Hate to say this but it will be over 5 by that with the federal reserve about to raise rates again another .75% that will raise about 5 or more. I’m on the same boat with you that’s why I lock in at 3.49% at my local credit union hoping I get it this month.
My CU has us locked in at 3.99 for 72 and they are allowing us to roll in the TTL. It would be .25 less if we pay the TTL out of pocket.

I did the same and edited my order a little bit. The EDD is sorta shocking, hopefully it readjusts soon.

OD: 11/21
Hold removed: 6/27
EDD: 11/4-
I did the same and edited my order a little bit. The EDD is sorta shocking, hopefully it readjusts soon.

OD: 11/21
Hold removed: 6/27
EDD: 11/4-1/9/23
That’s kind of what I expected to see for the first edd after removing the hold. I wouldn’t worry yet as it sounds normal and should correct in a week or so.

On the positive side just got my oil changed the last oil change ever for my current car and likely the last ever if I stick with EVs. Wonder when my last gas fill up with be?!
😁ZZ I'm with you on that last oil change!! Always been on top of that with my cars. My final oil change, tune-up, and radiator flush, and tire rotation on my Nissan coupe was last week. $500 My thoughts exactly!! Last time making that service apt. Next move will be putting it up for sale. after I get the M3.;)

Hello there group! Newbie here. Just ordered M3LR a week ago. Just want to see any tips on the next steps. Waiting time? How long will it take? When and what is the next step? Thanks group!!
Make sure your application is complete add registrant/license, say no trade-in (can change later), select pay with cash ( can change later). Once all that is done you will get a EDD with actual dates. Then it's just a waiting game. The stuff i mentioned you can change later you will do after you get a VIN

Reactions: jpaychek
How many weeks before I get a vin typically?
If you ordered now you are likely looking at a Q4 delivery. Depending on where you are located that will be between November ( east coast) to December (west coast). For reference tesla is just starting to clear late March orders and begin April orders. Unless you live in Ohio then your car will be there tomorrow lol

Also want to add EDDs update twice a day at 7am and 4pm EST. No reason to check any other time. However once you get much closer and your edd is tightening a VIN can come 24/7
Haha I know this is true but man I still open the app a good 3-4 times a day. I'm 83 days in my patience is gone and I just get more excited every time I see a model 3 on the road. This is the first car I am going to have bought though.

Reactions: guerro and jpaychek