Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those waiting for a M3LR, you're going to love it! I finally got to drive ours last night (this is my wife's car as mine is the '21 M3SR+) and it's well worth the wait. The audio sounds awesome and I really want to do the upgrade in my SR+ to try to match. The acceleration is quite nice and is noticeably faster than the SR+ which I knew it would be. For us the acceleration boost doesn't make sense as it's plenty fast now. It seems to handle better than my SR+ even though it has the same wheels, and I am contributing that to the fact that it's heavier with the front motor and extra batteries. It glides over bumps a lot more gracefully than my SR+ does. It even feels like a larger vehicle on the inside even though I know it's identical to mine.

I am hoping yall waiting will enjoy it as much as I have so far!

For those waiting for a M3LR, you're going to love it! I finally got to drive ours last night (this is my wife's car as mine is the '21 M3SR+) and it's well worth the wait. The audio sounds awesome and I really want to do the upgrade in my SR+ to try to match. The acceleration is quite nice and is noticeably faster than the SR+ which I knew it would be. For us the acceleration boost doesn't make sense as it's plenty fast now. It seems to handle better than my SR+ even though it has the same wheels, and I am contributing that to the fact that it's heavier with the front motor and extra batteries. It glides over bumps a lot more gracefully than my SR+ does. It even feels like a larger vehicle on the inside even though I know it's identical to mine.

I am hoping yall waiting will enjoy it as much as I have so far!
Congratulations!

• Love
Reactions: ElectricNerd
Damn all these April orders getting done before March orders, jealous lol
For real. We've waited long enough.
Remember that there are two lines for M3LR orders; base configurations and upgraded configurations. The base configuration line is longer, so it takes longer for Tesla to get through it. @E90alex ordered a base configuration on 14 March and he got a VIN on 5 July. The most recent upgraded configuration in the spreadsheet was ordered 18 April and he got a VIN on 20 July. That's really anecdotal, but it says that the base configuration orders are at least a week behind the upgraded configuration orders. I think the difference was about 2 weeks last quarter, so that may continue to hold true.

Something that I've never explicitly brought up is that the "lines" must also be divided for east-bound and west-bound orders because of the completely different logistics involved.
Just read that Tesla will stop offering free for life Standard (not to be confused with Premium) Connectivity starting with orders placed today. Standard is Navigation only.
Connectivity

"All Tesla vehicles come with access to Standard Connectivity. Standard Connectivity is included in your vehicle, at no additional cost, for eight years beginning on the first day your vehicle was delivered as new by Tesla, or the first day it is put into service (for example used as a demonstrator or service vehicle), whichever comes first."

[emphasis mine]

I saw no mention of possible pricing for Standard Connectivity.

Thanks for the heads-up.

Just read that Tesla will stop offering free for life Standard (not to be confused with Premium) Connectivity starting with orders placed today. Standard is Navigation only.
It sounds like Standard Connectivity is good for the lifetime of the vehicle for orders placed before July 21, and after that, it's only free for the first 8 years, then you'll have to start paying a subscription fee. So if you sell the vehicle inside of 8 years, you'll never have to worry about it. Teslarati Article

I'm the opposite camp. I think PPF is way overrated unless you really have very rocky roads. Even then idk if it's worth it in the long run

I actually bought most of the stuff in option 2 so you know where my vote is ;)
I agree, imperfections are gonna show on ppf…yes the under paint will be safe…but I doubt you’ll get any return in investment when you sell the car. But that’s just my .02

Reactions: Nfletcher and ZZ118