Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am so fearful of them washing a black car because if they don’t dry clean 😬 it, there will be water spots on the horizontal surfaces esp the hood & trunk if the car is left to dry out in the sun.
These are the finishing touches tesla needs to work on down the road to be a real "luxury" dealer. No one should have to ask the dealer to wash their car( and vacuum) inside at delivery. Especially not a car that costs upwards of 60k. It's nbd but it does show where they have room for improvement

Nice. Some people are really picky so maybe that scratch was the flag. Glad you picked it up instead of home delivery. Congrats and best of luck tomorrow

Thank you so much. What would your advice be, if the scratch still does not go off tomorrow after they have buffed the entire car?

Please let me know as I'm not aware of this and have never encountered such a scenario!

I am so fearful of them washing a black car because if they don’t dry clean 😬 it, there will be water spots on the horizontal surfaces esp the hood & trunk if the car is left to dry out in the sun.

Oh, I see. Thanks for this heads-up!

So what the rep told me is that, to buff the car, they can only do it after it has cooled down a little bit. (My black was sitting out in the sun, getting baked, hahaha!) And so they're supposed to be doing all of this tonight. I also presume this is when they'll wash and bring it back to the parking lot. But given the night time, hopefully it won't be under direct sunlight then. Fingers crossed!

These are the finishing touches tesla needs to work on down the road to be a real "luxury" dealer. No one should have to ask the dealer to wash their car( and vacuum) inside at delivery. Especially not a car that costs upwards of 60k. It's nbd but it does show where they have room for improvement

I totally agree with you on this!

Reactions: ZZ118
Thank you so much. What would your advice be, if the scratch still does not go off tomorrow after they have buffed the entire car?

Please let me know as I'm not aware of this and have never encountered such a scenario!
They should repair it under warranty. They may ask you to file a service request and come back at a later time. Make sure though if that's the case you document it and take pictures before you pay and leave. At the end of the day it is up to you. Black should be an easy color to fix and match. Idk how extensive the damage is. If it goes below the clear coat it may require more work then touch up paint. You though ultimately make the decision of what state of condition you want your car in. Unfortunately it's not an easy one to just walk away especially if you need a car. But you also paid for a new spotless car and it should look that way.

They should repair it under warranty. They may ask you to file a service request and come back at a later time. Make sure though if that's the case you document it and take pictures before you pay and leave. At the end of the day it is up to you. Black should be an easy color to fix and match. Idk how extensive the damage is. If it goes below the clear coat it may require more work then touch up paint. You though ultimately make the decision of what state of condition you want your car in. Unfortunately it's not an easy one to just walk away especially if you need a car. But you also paid for a new spotless car and it should look that way.
Gotcha, makes sense! Thanks a lot.

Reactions: ZZ118
Graduation day is tomorrow. 2 quick questions.
1) I know it's on here somewhere but is there a quick handy checklist for vehicle inspection. I am not going to bring a ruler to measure. I just want to make sure I don't overlook. J
2) How long is the supplied charging cable?
Thanks
1658892072203.png

20 feet.

100% agree. It shouldn't have to even come to this point. Does Tesla even have a final inspection before the car leaves the assembly line? The folks at the delivery centre needs to do a once-over and a wash for the car before presenting it to the customer. It is inexcusable to have scratches, dings, marks, imperfections, misfits, uncleaniness on any new vehicle regardless of brand and price.

Reactions: HeatherW22
It is inexcusable to have scratches, dings, marks, imperfections, misfits, uncleaniness on any new vehicle regardless of brand and price.
Other people have other priorities. Right now, many people's priority is to stop paying for gas. If that means putting up with finish problems, so be it. Mine has a dent. Big deal. It'll get rock chips, door dings, wheel rubs and the usual misadventures that come with driving a car. It's just a car.

People keep saying that Tesla is a luxury car maker. The Model S and X may be luxury models, but the Model 3 and Y are not. They're just high-priced because of demand and the cost of making a battery electric vehicle right now. If Tesla had any difficulty finding buyers, the Model 3 would be about 20% cheaper. If batteries grew on trees, it would be cheaper still. Certainly Tesla wants to reduce the cost of making the car because someday somebody else will be able to make them cheaply, and if Tesla is sitting on their hands, they'll lose the market. Thus gigacastings, 4680 batteries and so on.

Graduation day was yesterday!
Finally! VIN# 315

Everything went smoothly. Paid using Teslas plaid service a few days before. Accepted delivery after viewing the car. I didn’t bring a checklist because to me if it isn’t obvious I wasn’t going to bring it up. There were some finishing touches that could’ve been done better but it was all very minor.

One thing I hated was towards the end, once I got to my two week window my SA stopped responding. I wasn’t sure why. When I came in I asked about her and they told me she was no longer there but that my messages and emails should have been rerouted to the service team. Well, they never were. Not even so much as a automated message acknowledging my email. I still haven’t heard back. Second, it was very obvious I was a new owner. No one came with me to help me pair my device. I was so excited I forgot everything I had learned about the vehicle once I sat in the drivers seat. I was also on a time constraint as I had to be back at work within the next 30 minutes. This would’ve saved me some time.

Matrix headlights ✅
Michelin tires ✅
Mobile charger ✅
Charged to 96%

I’m not sure if I’m missing anything else but I will add later if I am. I’m sticking around to help out the newbs. Hang in there everyone, it is worth the wait!!!

P.S. will update the spreadsheet during the weekend with my info.

Attachments

• F0765CD5-F2F3-4383-8423-9DC8B0AAB2D5.jpeg
    F0765CD5-F2F3-4383-8423-9DC8B0AAB2D5.jpeg
    320.3 KB · Views: 55