Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is that good or bad? 🙏🏾
It's good, and your EDD already reflects that goodness. People who ordered base configurations will have EDDs roughly a month later than yours. The difference was visible on the order page when you were configuring your vehicle. I can't report the current difference because Long Range orders have been closed. However, the difference of a month is still visible if you look at the Model 3 Rear Wheel Drive. Base orders have an estimate of November to January while upgraded orders have an estimate of October to December.

Reactions: Bestie_n_Tessi
It's good, and your EDD already reflects that goodness. People who ordered base configurations will have EDDs roughly a month later than yours. The difference was visible on the order page when you were configuring your vehicle. I can't report the current difference because Long Range orders have been closed. However, the difference of a month is still visible if you look at the Model 3 Rear Wheel Drive. Base orders have an estimate of November to January while upgraded orders have an estimate of October to December.
Thank you!!

Finished wiring up the Nema 14-50. Now to “patiently” wait for a car to charge it with.

Attachments

• D90D7F65-2A04-4180-9192-37376620BDB0.jpeg
    D90D7F65-2A04-4180-9192-37376620BDB0.jpeg
    335.9 KB · Views: 69
On track for my pickup on Saturday. I have been getting trade-in values for my 2019 SR+ with 31k miles and I've been surprised at the values and how low they are. If you go by kbb, prepare to take about 10% off that. Carmax told me that values on used cars have plummeted recently.
What CARMAX? Because I recently sold my 2020 Civic SI with 12k miles for 28k and KBB said 26-28k for trade in value. I’m in California

PSA and UPDATE:

So first off....our car wasn't perfect by any stretch of the imagination. However, our Local Service Center has been really good on issues we had after driving it home. Could I have spent a couple hours inspecting the car at the center I would have still had to make a service request.

PSA: If you are taking delivery be certain to look over MAJOR issues. Paint would be my first thing to look at. If there are imperfections bring them up at the time but it appears that severe holograms (you need to look in bright sunlight at all angles) can "hopefully" be fixed. I managed to get the majority of them out with a simple polish but some were beyond what I wanted to do on a new car. Tesla is going to fix the ones I wasn't so comfortable taking out.

LOOK at your interior trim! I didn't even notice this with the initial delivery but when I got home it was evident that the entire headliner was simply WRONG. Many gaps and bulging areas above the driver's head. Pretty simple to ask for help in the app and they are going to replace the headliner which extends into the back.

CHECK your windshield wipers. Make certain they do not hit the frunk hood. At delivery it wasn't an issue but when we got rain on the way for PPF and Tint it turned out the wiper was hitting the frunk hood. It should be an easy fix and will update when I get more info.

LOOK at your car in varying lighting conditions....aside from paint swirls, holograms, etc take pictures in the lighting you have. Telsa will fix them, at least in my case.

The good news is that the car is GREAT. It is in my Tint PPF place now and will pick it back up later this week.

UPDATE: So we originally put in a service request through the app. The first two items were pretty easy but after looking at it over the past 48 hrs I found some issues. Be certain to add this to your service request. Our Colorado Springs Service Center was great about responding but now that it is Monday (they do not work on weekends) our initial "mobile service appt" would not work...this pushed it to me bringing the car in on Thursday/Friday for the issues we had. HOWEVER, I got a text stating the parts would not be available and it got pushed back to the end of the month. Nothing that would cause any issues driving but the windshield wipers ARE an issue. I was able to talk to the service center and they said to bring it in as soon as possible and they would figure it out. To be honest, it is probably a simple adjustment and the person I spoke with agreed but we will see.

Just be patient. Was it perfect on delivery? Absolutely not. This time was is something I would reject the car....NO WAY. They can fix these minor issues.

So far so good! Car drives great! Tech is awesome! Local service thus far has been super accommodating and are willing to help!

YMMV but aside from the aforementioned issues THIS CAR ROCKS!

:)

PS: If you are like me and are having PPF/TINT done ASAP. Make certain that your issues aren't something that will impact your PPF/TINT install. ALSO, if you have a good relationship with your shop (we do)...let them know what your issues are. I would have never known about the windshield wipers hitting the frunk until our guy told us about this. I honestly wouldn't have seen this and Henry pointed this out. Also, show your PPF/TINT guy the issue you have and if they are used to working on Teslas they will point issues out. The great thing is Tesla is very open, at least here, to making sure you get a quality product even if it wasn't "perfect" upon delivery/acceptance.

Last edited:
VIN finally assigned
LR/MSM/18"/black in Fort Lauderdale, FL
Ordered in April 2022
Had been stuck at Aug 6 - September 30 window for a month
Then I started editing the order on Thursday (changed to performance/white, then back to LR/MSM)
Two days later VIN assigned, window Aug 10-16, can't edit anymore...

Now I may cancel and hold, not sure I need/want a second car anymore

Took delivery today. Matrix headlights, no defects.. now I have an EV named Eevee :)

B26B9A9B-39BD-4592-B875-F91AB07313B2.jpeg