Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wonder if people are starting to cancel or hold their orders until 2023 to see if they can get the tax credit. Because the people here who are getting cars after ordering in June makes no sense??
The order spreadsheet says that Tesla is delivering orders from the end of April, so they're still running about 110 days. The few June deliveries are probably prior refusals. I expect the pace to pick up, but I'd be pretty surprised if lots of people stepped out of the queue to chase a Long Range after production restarts sometime in 2023 with no idea whether the vehicle will qualify for the tax credit and if it does how Tesla will achieve that.

Reactions: IWRBR and guerro
Ah, my bad. Posted this in the wrong sub forum. Didn’t realize since I was on mobile.

Yes, I still have the RWD on order.
No worries. I read all the model 3 forums.

Actually, my wife has the same config as you basically, except white interior and 18" wheels. She ordered on 7/3 and has had an EDD of Oct. 28 to Dec. 9, same as you had, I believe.

At any rate, it gives us hope to see you get such a jump in time frame.

Reactions: IWRBR
Update :

I was told by my SA that this is a normal process (not getting VIN even in the delivery window). Also, the SA confirmed that the delivery will be made within next 2 weeks (by Aug.28) as well as it will usually only take a couple days for the vehicle to arrive once it is assigned to the account.

Hope this helps.
ODD 05/23
1st EDD Aug-Nov
2nd EDD Sep-Dec
3rd EDD Aug-Nov
4th EDD Aug.14~Aug.28
5th EDD Aug.15~Aug.28

Updated today (8/16)

6th EDD Aug.19~Aug.29

Pushing to the next year? Hopefully not.

Reactions: Cereal and ZZ118
The Model Y is getting some tweaks on the styling of its door interior, and is temporarily getting the matrix headlamps. I mention this to remind people that the Model Y is getting the attention while the Model 3 remains unchanged.

Randomly, Model 3 and Y vehicles built after August 6 will come without a license plate frame. Has anyone with a recent delivery seen this? Deliveries take a little while to reach different parts of the country, so folks may still see the frame for a little while yet. Apparently this item retails for US$40 CA$50. This is a continuation of the chrome delete process, and the store will sell a black license plate frame later this year. Model S and X already have the black version as standard.

You know that tweet by Elon about the waitlist being too long? Perhaps he didn't mean the Model 3 Long Range waitlist.

Reactions: HeatherW22