Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone's mobile connector (with the 14-50 adapter) shipped yet? I ordered mine when I ordered the car (5/23) and was promised an August shipment date and my credit card was charged immediately, but it still has not shipped. With the amount of people who are receiving the mobile connector with their cars or getting a credit to order it, I'm tempted to cancel my standalone order and get a refund. Thoughts?

I ordered the mobile connector in May when I order my Model 3 and just today I received confirmation that it shipped. I guess they wait until your car is closed to delivery to send it over.

I contacted Tesla customer service today to find out where my mobile connector is - ordered in May and promised it would ship this month, but nothing yet. Figured I’d follow up now so that I can return it for a refund within a 30-day window in case my car includes one
Tesla customer service just replied and said that the Mobile Connecter with 14-50 adapter is now on backorder and that I could request a full refund. This is despite that I ordered it in May with a promise that it would ship in August…

Tesla did suggest, however, that I can cancel my backorder and “consider a Wall Connector” - you know, the charger that costs twice as much and requires professional installation

Last edited:
Especially with no guarantee that your new car will have one included.

Tesla did suggest, however, that I can cancel my backorder and “consider a Wall Connector” - you know, the charger that costs twice as much and requires professional installation
its been a struggle knowing when the mobile charger we ordered with the car will get here. ive seen people say it ships when your order is closer.

Im hoping to get my mobile charger, and a free one in the car (hopes but if it doesnt it doesnt).

I also recommend you guys looking at all available chargers in your area, be it Tesla's network or other networks (that may include free charging).

Just be prepared for temporarily not at home charging (which sucks i swear).

its been a struggle knowing when the mobile charger we ordered with the car will get here. ive seen people say it ships when your order is closer.

Im hoping to get my mobile charger, and a free one in the car (hopes but if it doesnt it doesnt).

I also recommend you guys looking at all available chargers in your area, be it Tesla's network or other networks (that may include free charging).

Just be prepared for temporarily not at home charging (which sucks i swear).
I already have a J1772 Level 2 charger set up at home for my other car. I ordered the mobile connector as a back up and for traveling but it’s annoying when they promise a $200 accessory will ship within four months but doesn’t… story of our lives/this thread lol

• Funny
Reactions: codenameku
Not worth the hassle and if Tesla customer service doesn’t even know what’s in-stock vs. what’s back ordered, and assume I get one with my car in about three weeks, I don’t trust that tesla will do the right thing and process refunds
Well, I guess if it is not too important for you to have when the car arrives, then just ride out your backorder. But, yeah, not sure how they don't know it is in stock.

On another note, my SA did say that my service center had them in stock also and that I could go to the service center and purchase over the counter.

Good luck!

Reactions: phaheem
And how did you get a VIN/schedule delivery so quickly? You ordered two days before me, similar config with free paint + aero wheels + no FSD
I think it comes down to delivery location. From what I have gathered on this forum, at the beginning of a quarter Tesla ships to far away delivery locations and moves west across the country until they blitz out the close orders like CA in the final weeks of the quarter. Not an exact science because there are many variables. I will be 97 days from order date to delivery when my car gets to me Friday. I just confirmed via text that I am still on for Friday delivery.

Status
Not open for further replies.